The Rubens Hall is the main hall of the Rubens House, where the Flemish embassy is located. This is where official functions are held, among which the reception of today.

Embassy staff and extra hired personnel is guiding the first arrivals to the hall, where they are offered a glas of champagne, honey mede (to honour the Storish Viking tradition) or abbey beer (to honour the Flemish traditions).

post-10756-0-59918200-1395845297_thumb.jpg

* Her High Holiness Forn Siðr Fúrstafrúa Sigrdrífa the Priestess of the House of Vanadís, Ærkejarla of the Idunn Isles, Yfirstormarksgythia and High Priestess of the Thingeyri Temple, dressed in the magnificent white gold-embroided robes of the High Priestess of the Thingeyri Temple, solemnly and beamingly enters the Rubens House.

The Lady Royal and Spiritual is guided by staff through the Flemish Embassy to the Rubens Hall where she accepts a glass of Champagne. *

* The Lady High Justiciar of Stormark, Lady Unna of Skálavík of the House of Vanadís, makes her entry in the Rubens Hall and proves to be quite a distraction to those present courting a lot of attention. Several admiring staff members rush to her to offer her beer, mead and champagne from which she chooses a glass of mead.

The Lady Superior Mortal of the Daughters of Freyja is clad in a very revealing Daughters of Freyja ceremonial gown which bares her shoulders and the tops of her breasts. The gown is made of ivory samite and cloth-of-silver, lined with silvery satin, and has long dagged sleeves. The gown's bodice is slashed in front almost to her belly, the deep vee is covered over with a panel of ornate Valtian lace in dove-grey. Finishing off the gown is a medieval styled hipbelt with a Valtian Viking pattern design in silver.

Lady Unna has also donned an ancient royal circlet, an emerald and diamond necklace, emerald and diamond earrings, emerald and diamond bracelets around her wrists, and a platinum ring adorned with emeralds and diamonds on the ring finger of her right hand. All of the aforementioned items of jewelry are ancient breathtakingly beautiful masterpieces and royal heirlooms of her family, ancient Kings of Yrjar. *

* Lady Aoife the Celt, Krónjarla of Stormark, wearing a forest green traditional Goidelian regal dress, a copy of the Brísingamen, a stunning Celtic Tiara, and the insignia of the Grand and Glorious Imperial Order of the Two Silver Longships and the Most Ancient and Beloved Imperial Order of the Fulltrui and Sacred Queens, enters the Rubens Hall.

After having admired the objects of art for a while she beacons a member of the serving staff and requests for and receives a glass of mead. *

* High King Harald arrives at the Flemish Embassy for His Excellency Gert Geens' farewell reception and is immediately ushered to Rubens Hall. He greets the dignitaries who are already present and takes a glass om mead.

The Sovereign Lord of Stormark is dressed in a magnificent gold-embroided Imperial Ceremonial Garb made of the finest green wool available, a blue velvet Imperial Cloak secured with gold brooch depicting playing cats and a golden belt adorned with precious stones. On his garb He bears a round gold plaque depicting the Norse goddess Freyja in her full divine glory. He is also wearing the Insignia of the Grand and Glorious Imperial Order of the Two Silver Longships and the Most Beloved Imperial Order of the Three Ladies Divine, the Insignia of the Most Treasured House Order of Freyja, the male version of House of Ettlingar Freyu Order consisting of a portrait of the senior human female of the Imperial House of Ettlingar Freyu -- High Queen Sigrid -- set in diamonds and suspended from a white ribbon, and a copy of the Brísengamen around His upper right arm. *

Upon being notified of the King's arrival, the ambassador asks for a new glass of abbey beer and moves to a central location in the hall. Slowly the noise of those present diminishes.

Your Imperial Majesty, Your Highnesses, Excellencies

Almost I had addressed all of you with "dearly beloved", as that is how I have come to see the Storish people this past year. I welcome all of you this evening.

This past year I've had the pleasure of serving my people here in Stormark, fostering a relationship that has remained steady, friendly and ironclad strong in a time Flanders could use the support of its friends on more than one occasion. I can assure you we won't forget who were our friends in times of need. It wasn't just a pleasure to me because of the repeated signs and proofs of friendship offered by the Storish government. On top of that I've come to know the Storish people as not just brave and heroic, as could be supposed due to their Viking heritage, but also as a warm and generous nation. A special thank you in this regard should be given to Roskapolje, who were so kind to pay for half this building we are currently gathered in.

I'm sure you'll understand that I find it rather hard to leave all this behind me. But I'm equally sure you will understand how strongly duty can call upon a man. And thus we are gathered here now to say goodbye, as my government has requested me to take up a new assignment. This weekend I will fly back to my home country, to rest for a week, after which I will travel to my new station in Jingdao, to offer my services to the Heavenly Light as ambassador of Flanders.

As there hasn't been made a decision yet regarding my succession here in the Viking Realm, our president, Mr. Van Horenbeeck, will take care of the Storish-Flemish relationshiop personally. As for me, though I will have to leave the official ambassadorship in Stormark to someone else,I will probably always remain the ambassador to this great nation in my heart.

Thank you, and cheers!