After the presidential elections ended August 15, the opposition decided not to recognize the official results. As such Mr. Fidelis now thinks himself President of Flanders and appointed a government. They don't have any justification however, except vague accusations of corruption, which I personally find grossly offending.

I can assure you that both the forum and the Flemish territory are firmly under the control of the true government directed by president Van Horenbeeck.

Furthermore, as the supporting people behind Mr. Fidelis (not Mr. Fidelis himself, who is just a notorious trouble-maker) are Benacian Batavians, it's our strong belief that their actions should be seen as nothing more than some petty revenge for the Flemish support for the rightful Batavian government in St. Anna.

Edited by Gert Geens

imparms22mn0.gif

The High Realm of Stormark

Note of Response by the High Justiciar of Stormark

Your Excellency,

How am I irked and saddened by the response of the Flemish opposition to the official results of the Flemish presidential elections, especially the superabundantly unwarranted accusations of corruption!

Permit me to say that I am of the mind that the Flemish presidential elections were executed with great fairness, openness and integrity with the organizers doing their utmost to ensure that everyone could cast a valid vote as well as the official result to be accurate.

Pray be adviced that the Imperial Government of Stormark knows no Flemish president but the duly elected one, whose name is Erwin Bertholdszn van Horenbeeck.

Allow me to finish with expressing that we are exuberantly convinced that the present situation shall, although quite annoying, on the long run be less than a blip on the screen of Flanders' long and remarkable history.

Yours Truly,

Unna of Skálavík of the House of Vanadís,
Bloodroyal and Jarla of Freyja's Necklace,
Royal Chieftainess of Skálavík,
High Justiciar of Stormark.

Your Highness

Our confidence in the support from the High Realm was such that I didn't even consider it necessary to include a request for a statement of the kind. However, it's always nice, of course, to have a positive relationship confirmed.

• 2 months later...

Your Highness

Our confidence in the support from the High Realm was such that I didn't even consider it necessary to include a request for a statement of the kind. However, it's always nice, of course, to have a positive relationship confirmed.

For a certainty!

It's very quiet, but that also means the trouble with the presidential elections seems to be over. For me personally, the accusations are however playing their role in the reduced activity, but I can't speak for everyone. The absence of the president, longer than anticipated, also has something to do with this. Right now, I'm trieing to keep the government alive and steering some needed reforms.

It will probably take some time before our Republic will turn it's attention to the outside world again, but we'll get there. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. And we sure as hell aren't dead!

Edited by Gert Geens