Your Excellency,

Allow me to thank you for the information and to commend the Government of Flanders for its noble actions in support of the rightful Batavian Government.

We have had one case of serious election fraud, which led to very high tensions as the wrongdoers managed to create doubt on wether or not something was done wrong and eventually to the collapse of the first Republic.

That episode explains the current Flemish distinction between confirmed and unconfirmed citizens.

• 4 weeks later...

Your Excellency,

Pray be adviced that the Imperial Government of Stormark shall for the time being not proceed to closing the Batavian embassy.

• 2 months later...

The Flemish embassy has just been notified that the occupieing regime in Benacië, pretending to be the Batavian government, has declared war on the Republic of Flanders and the official government of Batavia (I also refer to the message of my colleage Mr. Rutger Ampersandt).

As of yet the Flemish government hasn't taken a stand yet on this event. Naturally I will keep you updated on the situation.

Follow-up: Apparently the declaration of war was only proposed to the Benacian Legislative, and not yet finally approved. We also heard that this declaration is only meant as a formalization of the current state of affairs. As such the Flemish government isn't very concerned with the matter as of yet.

Latest intel suggests that a decision on the approval of the declaration of war has been postponed.

Your Excellency,

Permit me to thank you for informing the Imperial Government of Stormark with regard to this issue. For now it seems so far, so good for the Flemish government.

You all may have heard by now that the Benacian government has collapsed. In its place has come a new government that actually wants a reunification. The government of Flanders considers this an internal Batavian affair, but it is clear that any threat of war - in sofar there ever was one - has passed.

Your Excellency,

Permit me to thank you for informing the Imperial Government of Stormark with regard to this matter. I am superabundantly joyeus that any possible threat of war has faded away.