Your Excellency,

May a High Priestess ask why you did become the Diplomatic Representative of Flanders to Stormark? Did you choose for a diplomatic posting here or were you simply assigned this diplomatic post by the President of Flanders?

Your High Holiness

Though the final decision was of course with the president, I did apply for this station. Since Stormark is one of the older nations by now and one that is capable of maintaining consistent high levels of activity, I consider it to be one of the prime players on Micras. Since diplomacy is something that has always interested me, I tried to find a place where I could get as good an overview as possible on the Flemish relations with the outside world without taking on the whole department of Foreign Affairs, which would be way to ambitious, considering the time I have available.

I'm going to answer this OOC:

That is a difficult question. Any Dutch speaking visitor to the Storish forum can easily see that the cultural difference between our two nations are truly immense. Sticking to a protocol, participating in celebrations, ... are all almost completely unknown in Flanders, while it seems to be a very important part of Storish life. It still feels rather unnatural to me to conform to the Storish ways for the moment.

Sticking to a protocol, participating in celebrations, ... are all almost completely unknown in Flanders, while it seems to be a very important part of Storish life.

Your Excellency,

This is the inauguration cerenony of the High Justiciar of Stormark. How is the President of Flanders inaugurated? Or is there no inauguration ceremony?

Only recently we have introduced a swearing in of the president-elect by the vice-chairman of parliament (the president is the chairman). Our current president, Mr. Van Horenbeeck, has made an elaborate speech on that occasion, but it still has to be seen wether that will become habit or not.

I refer to the following topic on our forum: http://micronatie.nl/vlaanderen/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3414&sid=101427d64d15a95932469a7690591dd7 (the mandatory oath is the Dutch quote at the end of his speech)

• 2 weeks later...