Questions about Taxes

Lo, fellow Patricians! What kind of taxes would you like to have in Stormark? And which not?

The Stormark from my election scenarios has a flat tax on income (corporate and individual) of 20%, along with a value-added tax of 10%, a capital gains tax of 25% (inheritance is covered here), and a payroll tax of 17%.

10% national sales tax, and excise taxes on tobacco, marijuana (if it's legal here — is it?), imported goods, and meat with hormones in.

Marijuana is indeed legal in Stormark, since people do not believe in prohibition.

I wonder what a Storish Monopoly board would look like...

The standard version of a Storish Monopoly board would feature the High Streets of the Imperial City of Haraldsborg as well as those of Royal Cities like Thorfinnsborg, Haithabu, Köpingsvik, Fensalir, Freyushavn, Iduna, Tara, etc.

In the "o" of the word monopoly in the center of the board there would be, in stead of a businessman in a suit and a top hat, a businesswoman in a Bunad or other festive attire. The male police officer sending one to jail would be replaced by a badass female cop.

The standard version of a Storish Monopoly board would feature the High Streets of the Imperial City of Haraldsborg as well as those of Royal Cities like Thorfinnsborg, Haithabu, Köpingsvik, Fensalir, Freyushavn, Iduna, Tara, etc.

For the Imperial City of Haraldsborg that would be: Dýrlingar Drottningarstorg, Freyusgata, Stormarks Rós Torg, and Fulltrúarsgata.

In the "o" of the word monopoly in the center of the board there would be, in stead of a businessman in a suit and a top hat, a businesswoman in a Bunad or other festive attire. The male police officer sending one to jail would be replaced by a badass female cop.

I like it! I think the player pieces should be: male and female vikings, a priestess of freya, a valkyrie, a male beserker, and of course a viking longship.

I like it! I think the player pieces should be: male and female vikings, a priestess of freya, a valkyrie, a male beserker, and of course a viking longship.

Absolutely!

A High Priestess wishes to convey that she has modelled for a shield supporter in the Arms of High Queen Sigrid and would be superabundantly and joyously willing to model as a Storish Monopoly board player piece!

A High Priestess wishes to convey that she has modelled for a shield supporter in the Arms of High Queen Sigrid and would be superabundantly and joyously willing to model as a Storish Monopoly board player piece!

Lady Sigrdrífa,

You would once again be the perfect model!! :)

Lady Sigrdrífa,

You would once again be the perfect model!! :)

For a certainty!

A High Priestess wishes to convey to our Sovereign Lord and her Sweetling Sister Unna that she is very content with those kind words of theirs and thanks His Majesty and Her Royal Highness for the expression of approval and commendation.

Worshipful Sister Sigrdrífa,

I couldn't imagine a better choice than you!

Worshipful Sister Sigrdrífa,

I couldn't imagine a better choice than you!

A High Priestess wishes to convey to her Sweetling Sister Astrid that she is very content with those kind words of hers and thanks Her Royal Highness for the expression of approval and commendation.