[Court of First Instance] Petition No. 1 of Year 9

The Court of First Instance of the Sólareyjar is now in session. The Court shall sit as Court of Session. On the agenda is the Hearing concerning the petition filed by Daniel Audonarson of Aniara. Lady Unna of Skálavik, Jarla of the Sólareyjar shall preside over this Hearing.

Thank you, forseti Unna, for allowing me to address you and this Court.

My mother was Gunvor Torkelsdatter. She was a princess and the last surviving member of a deposed royal dynasty from Humlebæk Island and had fled to Nidaros for safety. She met my father when she was working as Mistress of the Robes for a local chieftain and was introduced to my father on a feast given by that chieftain in honour of my father. They had a romance of a few weeks, but they grew apart.

My mother, Gunvor, raised me and brought me up to be the young man I am today. She never told me anything about my father. When she died in a traffic accident, I found in her Banque du Aléxandrie safe box in Geneva a document that stated I am Audon's son.

I began using Audunarson as my surname then.

The document said nothing of my date of birth; rather all personal information except my name and my mother's name and title were submitted. My mother had apparently refused to cover up my birth certificate, but my father tried.

While my parents never were married, there is no such thing as an illegitimate child according to Arvidur ur Ansinum, former attorney-general of Stormark. I do not know that his opinion bears no weight in legal standing, but, I was hoping you could clarify the matter as well.

Thank you for your time... *bows*

The Court will now proceed to the subject of witnesses. The Court has noted that you have listed His Most Imperial and Most Royal Majesty the High King as a witness and would like to know why you would like the Sovereign of the High Realm to be heard as a witness in these proceedings.

My Lady -- That would be, as High King, His Majesty is well-known with the particulars of all petty royals of the Realm and the affairs regarding them. His Most Imperial and Most Royal Majesty has told me about my mother and how she met my father.

*bows*

The Court is satisfied with your answer and will invite His Most Imperial and Most Royal Majesty the High King to testify in these proceedings. The Court would, however, to ask you whether you are aware that the Sovereign of the High Realm cannot be compelled by any Law Court to give evidence in any court or take part in any court proceedings and all testimony from him must be of His own free will.

The Court would also like to know if you there are any other witnesses you would be heard.

My Lady,

I know of those circumstances, that is why I asked His Majesty and received his agreement to it; however I know also that His Majesty is of no obligation to honour what he said to me before privately -- he may of course turn down the invitation.

I know of no other witnesses that can help me. I will reserve to call more witnesses after the possible testimony of His Majesty, with your permission, My Lady.

*bows*

The Court is satisfied with your answer and grants you permission to reserve to call more witnesses after the possible testimony of His Most Imperial and Most Royal Majesty the High King. The Court would like to inquiry whether you would like to question His Most Imperial and Most Royal Majesty yourself.

The Court hereby grants you the right to ask such appropriate questions as you may deem necessary for your case. The Sovereign of the High Realm is, of course, under no obligation to answer them. The Court will invite His Most Imperial and Most Royal Majesty to testify in these proceedings.

offeringlady.gif

"Let the Lady you love be what you do."

Invitation to Testify

The Court of First Instance of the Sólareyjar hereby invites His Most Imperial and Most Royal Majesty Harald Thorstein the Generous Giver of the House of the Descendants of Freyja, High King of Stormark, Sovereign Lord on all Continents, Sacred Consort of Frigga, Freyja and Idunn to give evidence in the Civil Law Suit launched by Petition No. 1 of Year 9 which was filed by Daniel Audonarson of Aniara.

Given at the Old Court House this 4th day of Gladsheim, in the Ninth Year of the Second Viking Age.

Signed,

unnasig.png

Lady Unna of Skálavík,
Head of the House of Vanadís,
Jarla of the Sólareyjar,
Forseti of the Court of First Instance of the Sólareyjar.

Lady Wenche has dispatched a messenger to the Court of First Instance of the Sólareyjar. The messenger is carrying an envelope sealed with the Imperial Arms of Stormark which contains a communiqué.

The communiqué reads:

imparms22mn0.gif

The Vanadísarhall

Lady Chief Secretary's Office

Communiqué

His Most Imperial and Most Royal Majesty Harald Thorstein the Generous Giver of the House of the Descendants of Freyja, High King of Stormark, Sovereign Lord on all Continents, Sacred Consort of Frigga, Freyja and Idunn has signified that He will give evidence in the Civil Law Suit launched by Petition No. 1 of Year 9 which is now pending in the Court of First Instance of the Sólareyjar.

Signed,

Lady Wenche Gulbrandsdottir

Lady Chief Secretary to the High King

The Court hereby thanks the Sovereign of the High Realm for accepting the invitation to testify in these proceedings. Daniel Audonarson of Aniara may commence with questioning His Most Imperial and Most Royal Majesty.

Thank you, milady.

*turns to the High King*

First of all, allow me to thank your most Imperial Majesty for coming all this way from Haraldsborg for giving testimony in this Court. I would like to add, milord, that you are under no circumstances forced to answer a question, but I hope you will answer all my questions, Sir!

My first question, Majesty:

Your Majesty told me of King Audon and my mother and the affair that they had. What did you tell me about them?

My second question, Majesty:

Did you know my mother and King Audon of Nidaros on a personal level?

I may have more questions, later. Thank you, sir.

Your Grace,

Concerning your first question:

I told you that your mother, Gunvor Torkelsdatter, was a princess and the last surviving member of the House of Tårbæk, a deposed Royal Dynasty from Humlebæk Island. Her entire family had been murdered and she had fled to Nidaros for safety. In Nidaros your mother worked in many odd jobs in the household of Halvdan Hothead, a local chieftain and fearsome man, until she caught his eye due to her class, refinement and regal style and he made her his household's Mistress of the Robes.

Your parents met a feast given in honour of your father, King Audon of Nidaros by Halvdan Hothead who introduced your mother to the King. Your parents had a romance which lasted a couple of weeks, but they grew apart.

Concerning your second question:

King Audon was a very good friend of mine who has served Stormark outstandingly in countless capacities before ascending to the Throne of Nidaros.

Gunvor Torkelsdatter was a good friend of my Mistress of the Robes, Lady Anne-Marie Dagmarsdottir. They served together on the Board of the Imperial Association of Mistresses of the Robes. I got to know her very well after she had approached me wishing to give me some good advise on Humlebæk Island and its society when it came into Stormark's sphere of influence. She became one of my closest advisors and her advise played a pivotal role in Stormark's succesful acquisition of Humlebæk Island.

Thank you, Majesty.

Your Majesty spoke of King Audon and Gunvor Torkelsdatter as my parents. Has it been verified to you that I am the son of King Audon?

Yes, it has. By means of a DNA-test secretly performed by the secret intelligence service.

The Court would to enquire His Most Imperial and Most Royal Majesty why it was deemed necessary by the secret intelligence service to secretly perform such a DNA-test.

My Lady,

Nidaros at the time was very much plagued by countless individuals who falsely claimed to have a right to its, now abolished, throne. There were also several individuals who were said to have a right to the throne of Nidaros. It was therefore quite prudent of secret intelligence service to thoroughly investigate possible pretenders and their claims. Virtually all claims were proven to be bogus.

The Court hereby thanks the Sovereign of the High Realm for his testimony and invites Daniel Audonarson of Aniara to make his final statement concerning this matter.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.