Your Exams

I have spent the last couple of weeks partying my brains out, ( :beerharald: ) as the conclusion of such a stressful period demands.

So you have seen all party establishments in your home town from the inside and boosted the profits from several breweries, I presume? ;)

You presume correctly Lady Unna. I had saved up a fair sum before my exams with the expressed purpose of keeping it set aside for the celebrations, and it fulfilled its purpose very well. Suffice to say many publicans across London are now that much happier and that much wealthier. And I, of course, that much happier. :thumbsup:

You presume correctly Lady Unna. I had saved up a fair sum before my exams with the expressed purpose of keeping it set aside for the celebrations, and it fulfilled its purpose very well. Suffice to say many publicans across London are now that much happier and that much wealthier. And I, of course, that much happier. :thumbsup:

Do you still have enough cash left for when you receive your exam results? You know, to either celebrate your good results or forget about (purely hypothetical) disappointing results? ;)

You raise a good point- having the option of drowing one's sorrows is always useful in situations like these. :yesyes:

While I have some money left around, it's not exactly worthy of the level of celebration or disappointment that will occur should the results go one way or the other. Fortunately, it's my birthday on the 3rd, so I should be getting an amount then with which to sustain my summer partying and also deal with my results. :cheers2:

Fortunately, it's my birthday on the 3rd, so I should be getting an amount then with which to sustain my summer partying and also deal with my results. :cheers2:

And otherwise it might be time to unshelf your Danegeld Extortion Scheme to get yourself some extra drinking cash. ;)

Dane-geld is always a good way to make a little moolah on the side. You just have to be careful you don't ask it of the wrong people, or you might find yourself paying it to them sooner or later. :bangin:

Indeed.

What is your favourite drinking establishment?

There is a great place near Camden Town station, just north of the more central areas of London, called Quinn's. It's run by this fellow called Mr Quinn who must be at least 60. But he still serves at the bar with distinction, and he's got the shakes so if he serves you he usually spills a bit of your pint, but it's worth it. The other bar staff are students except one other guy who is Nepalese who I talk to fairly regularly, he works less than minimum wage but takes it all quite cheerily and always chats to me and my friends even if he is on his break. The prices aren't good, but they aren't bad either, and it's location is pretty good if you are on a night out in Camden as a warm-up or warm-down pub. It closes at 2am on the weekends and thursday, and considering most off-licences and pubs have to close at 11.30, it stands out. Ultimately though I love it because of all the good times I've had there before and I hope I have many more there in the future. :thumbsup:

Archived