Trial of Geert Wilders

Aoife the Celt

Geert Wilders' opinions on immigrants, Muslims, and Islam are, to me, reprehensible, irresponsible, immoral, and honestly intellectually wrong. But I think the idea of putting him on trial for what he says goes against the principles of free speech, and should not be done. If he actually inspired violence directly, or took part in it, that is another matter; yet, if you say something stupid, and someone else decides to go nuts when they hear it, your responsibility only goes so far. The true test of liberal democracy is whether you can tolerate what someone believes, even if it makes you want to cause bodily harm to that person.

Geert Wilders' opinions on immigrants, Muslims, and Islam are, to me, reprehensible, irresponsible, immoral, and honestly intellectually wrong. But I think the idea of putting him on trial for what he says goes against the principles of free speech, and should not be done. If he actually inspired violence directly, or took part in it, that is another matter; yet, if you say something stupid, and someone else decides to go nuts when they hear it, your responsibility only goes so far. The true test of liberal democracy is whether you can tolerate what someone believes, even if it makes you want to cause bodily harm to that person.

Here here, mate!

Suck it, Geert! :finger:

I'm a big fan of Geert and I wholeheartedly agree with his views on just about everything. I am not surprised that he would be put on trial, while radical terrorist-supporting Muslim leaders are given a free pass in the name of political correctness and multicultural tolerance. I sincerely pray that Mr. Wilders is found not guilty, and that he becomes the next Prime Minister of the Netherlands.

In my opinion, it is about time that Europe stop wasting time on a disastrous immigration policy and to start deporting these quite frankly, islamist parasites back to their own countries where they belong. There has been no social or economic benefit to the presence of such people, and indeed they have caused welfare drain, social discontent, terrorism, rising crime, and the call for barbaric Sharia law imposition on a free society. So yes, I think that Geert is exactly right and he will heralded as a wise prophet for our times.

He is also not a Nazi, nor a fascist- as he is one of the few pro-Israel politicians in Israel and someone who genuinely believes in the preservation of democracy and liberty, but he is willing to defend those values at all costs; and I agree with him that people who support Islamofascism should be stripped of their rights and citizenship which they do not deserve.

Archived