Greetings from Alexandria

evafernandez

ministryofforeign.png

His Imperial Majesty's Foreign Department

To: His Excellency, the Foreign Minister of Stormark

Your Excellency,

I am Eva Cristina Fernández, the newly appointed Foreign Secretary of the Empire of the Alexandrians. I am conducting a tour of several micronations, in an effort to reconnect with Alexandria's friends. One of the stops I have been looking forward to the most is my stop here in the Viking Empire of Stormark. I understand very well the relationship between our nations as what I like to call "Sister Realms". I am sure that you will agree that our nations are so intertwined, it's like we were sister nations.

It is my wish to reinforce our relationship, which has fallen stagnant due to the recent Alexandrian isolation and inactivity. We also have the opportunity to create a valuable trade partnership. However, efforts by Alexandria to engage in trade with the Small Commonwealth have been reduced to nothing, due to the apparent restrictions they are placing. First, do these restrictions hurt our relationship? Second, if so, is it worth risking the close relationship our nations have? We should work together to achieve a partnership between the Small Commonwealth and Alexandria, because trade potential could be immense for both sides.

Thank you for having me, I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Eva Cristina Fernández

Your Excellency,

May I warmly welcome you to Stormark. It is a profound pleasure to receive you, as Foreign Minister of our Brother Alexandria, in our Viking Nation. The Lord Warden of the Outland will be here shortly to attend to you.

Madam Secretary,

On behalf of the Royal Family and government of Stormark, I offer my welcome and add my voice to the others before me. The relationship between our two nations has endured for quite some time; with Alexandria being Stormark's oldest and most beloved ally.

I am sure that you will agree that our nations are so intertwined, it's like we were sister nations.

With our respective Royal Houses being so close and actually related (My Emperor and yours are brothers by marriage), I can certainly agree with this.

It is my wish to reinforce our relationship, which has fallen stagnant due to the recent Alexandrian isolation and inactivity.

We are all very pleased to see Alexandria returning to the levels of activity everyone has come to expect from you. We never doubted that you would come out of our little funk quickly enough. :)

However, efforts by Alexandria to engage in trade with the Small Commonwealth have been reduced to nothing, due to the apparent restrictions they are placing.

Yes, I did discuss this with Monsieur Jean Carmicheal when I first visited Alexandria.

First, do these restrictions hurt our relationship?

While Stormark is a signatory to the Small Commonwealth Unified Currency Treaty, nothing in that document forbids us from trading with others. Considering that the SC is nowhere near large enough to cover all of our needs, it would be stifling for us to limit ourselves to trading only with other SC member-nations. This, however, is not my realm, and may best be handled by someone more familiar with international trade. I will see to finding someone who can speak with you about this.

We should work together to achieve a partnership between the Small Commonwealth and Alexandria, because trade potential could be immense for both sides.

The SC has been created with a rather exclusionary mindset. Short of Alexandria joining the SC, there is little Stormark could do on your behalf to secure any type of special permission for trade, etc. There have been other nations that have attempted this, and they have either joined, or had to resign the idea.

Now, Ms Fernández, I only speak as a private citizen of this realm. I have no positions here whatsoever, however, I was the governor of the Bank of Hurmu until such time that the Bank went into stasis. So here's an idea to both Stormark and Alexandria.

I see that Stormark a lot of money has, and doesn't, frankly use them much. So I have the idea, that if Stormark purchased something off Alexandria, possibly land, hosting, etc, Stormark might be able to pay a sum to an Alexandrian account in Stormark, subject of course to the Stormarkian laws and regulations. A special treaty could be drawn up, making the Alexandrian main account tax-exempt.

This way, the Alexandrian account would receive a lot of money and through Stormark would be able to trade with accounts in all of the ecomonic area of the Commonwealth. Stormark would gain economic activity, Alexandria money to trade with internationally...

I would like to propose the following:

I would open an account for Alexandria in Stormark. The account would be for a bank called Banque d'Alexandrie au Stormark and would hand over that account to Alexandria. This account would serve as Alexandria's main account.

Stormark would then purchase the northernmost island of the Galatian archipelago from Alexandria for 40 000 Krónur. This deal would allow Stormark to pay a very large sum into Alexandria's account. Alexandria could then, through its account in Stormark, start trading with all other accounts in the Small Commonwealth economic area without having to join the Small Commonwealth.

Your Majesty, Your Excellency,

We have received this offer with great joy and enthusiasm. We have presented it to the Imperial Cabinet, where it is being discussed. The Emperor has instructed me to remind you that most of our government officials are still away for the holidays, and thus the discussion will start off slowly. We expect that the deal will be approved in coming days, at which point it shall be presented before Parliament and to Stormark in the form of a treaty. The Emperor has indicated to me that he intends to ensure that the deal passes through Parliament without any major amendments or alterations. I, being Foreign Secretary and MP, will work towards ensuring that in Parliament.

Sincerely,

Eva Fernandez

• 3 weeks later...
This was handed over to someone else, and I've never been given any manner of report, etc. So unfortunately, I cannot answer this. :rolleyes:

Aldin! Where are you? ;)

Archived