Resignation

Thorald

Please accept this as my formal citizenship resignation; I believe to have conducted myself in the most honourable fashion and always took the name of the Empire above all.

Respectfully

Thorald

Thorald the Wise,

May I, as Minister of the Interior, ask you why you would like to resign your citizenship?

Speechless is an adjective that describes a state where strong emotion or physical trauma temporarily deprives one of speech a state of shock that renders one speechless.

I have been punched with such force in the belly that I am rendered speechless. That's a form of physical trauma. I have seen ladies so stunning, so mesmerising, that I am rendered speechless. That's an emotional shock, the good kind fascinating, awe-striking, spellbinding and hypnotising even. It's the wonderful sort of speechlessness that comes with a dab of anxiousness, a touch of nervousness and a dose of excitement.

But today's topic isn't about any woman's seductive smile, but my honnor.

General Thorald,

I can well understand the feeling you have experienced through the events over the past few days. We have all experienced disagreements in Stormark, this is no small part of the Empire. The issue which I believed has caused this is one that is most certainly divisive, inside our borders, and in the world at large. However, despite the reception of your opinions, I would ask you to stay; if not simply due to any of your achievements here, or your ranks or honors, but simply for the fact that we are all welcomed here in the micronational community.

This idea is not only extended to yourself, but to all citizens of Stormark. We are not like most micronations; we are an intelligent, strong-hearted people, capable of all degrees of opinions and ideas. Most importantly, we are a land of laws, and a land of manners. Our way of life affords every citizen the right to say, and believe, and fight for any idea which they may hold, not matter how bigoted, insane, idiotic, foolhardy, and silly they may be (I mean this in general). For any of us to resort to ad hominem attacks and insults both flies in the face of every foundation of Stormark and makes our stands on important issues of morality, government, and humanity trivial; this applies to both sides in this recent scuffle. At the same time, one misplaced comment in a series of respected ones does not allow a person to be shunned; we are better than that. We in Stormark have the ability to reason, to think, to argue articulately in the face of opinions which may seem contrary to our own.

Thorald, I do not share your position in terms of the morality of homosexuality, and some other of your opinions; I believe that what you do in your bedroom has no bearing on your ability to be a good citizen, soldier, layperson, cleric, or human being, and nor do I believe was the reference to Valencia appropriate, especially as a representative of our armed forces. However, I respect your right to have it, no matter how much I find it irreconcilable to my own beliefs, or to the ideas I would want Stormark to be based upon. And I would think every single citizen of Stormark feels similarly; if not, then you have the wrong micronation. We all have the right to express our beliefs, argue against those of others, and even legislate based upon those ideas; but, I refuse to allow any citizen to feel compelled to leave this Empire based upon their beliefs, unless their actions present a danger to the laws, customs, and essence of this place, and the actions of this man have not created such a danger.

In light to your service to the Empire, your accomplishments, and your place in this community, I ask you, General, to remain in Stormark, and provide us with your expertise and continued presence as a citizen, soldier, and loyal Stormarker.

What I say now, I say as an individual and private citizen, not in any official capacity.

Thorald,

I refuse to sit here, and kiss your ass, begging you to stay. The simple fact is, I do not like you, and probably never will. It happens - we're not all meant to get along with 100% of the population. You learn to live with it. In your case, I found that it would be possible to tolerate you by simply avoiding and ignoring you. This I had done up until the point of your comment in the Althing. I have many deep and personal reasons for being angered by your moral judgment of someone based on sexual orientation. While I do not believe I have to justify myself to anyone (since you certainly have not), I will anyway.

My life was saved by a man named Seth, who happens to be homosexual. He jumped in front of me, and took a 7.62mm round to the shoulder, effectively severing arteries and resulting in the loss of that arm...all so that I wouldn't die. He is now my closest friend, and Godfather to my son. When you sat on your high horse and passed judgment as if you somehow had the right to do so, that got to me. I can ignore just about everything else you do here...even laugh when you do things like steal Marshal Tukhachevsky's tactics of Deep Battle; then fail to list him as a tactician you admire. But this...inexcusable and I refuse to lay down and allow you to do that. You have NO RIGHT making moral judgments, considering that you are a plagiarist and liar; and I cannot because I am no better. You don't see any of the rest of us hopping on a soap box and telling you or telling each other that they are immoral in any way, do you? Because we are grown up enough and WISE enough to know better.

I don't know what religion you believe in that would tell you that you're allowed to pass judgment; but all of the ones that I know of actually frown on such things. That's a job for the almighty - not for you, and not for me. Stay or don't stay, I really don't care myself. But I will promise you this: if you stay, I will call you out each and every time you do something arsed like this. Aside from that, I will go back to ignoring you and face-palming whenever I see you do something that is the precise opposite of "wise".

I would have given Thorald a couple of days to reconsider his resignation of citizenship but having seen his actions, however, which are the micronational equivalent of smashing windows and trying to set the house on fire, I hereby, as Minister of the Interior, officially note his resignation of citizenship.

Archived