[Bill] Recognition and Friendship Treaty With Valencia

Björn Ironfist

Lady Law Speaker,

I humbly submit the following to the Althing:

AN ACT TO RATIFY THE VALENCIA - STORMARK TREATY OF RECOGNITION AND FRIENDSHIP

Article 1

The Althing hereby ratifies the Valencia - Stormark Treaty of Recognition and Friendship as produced in Schedule 1 to this Act.

Article 2

This Act may be cited as the Valencia - Stormark Treaty of Recognition and Friendship (Ratification) Act of Year 8 and will be effective upon Imperial Assent.

Schedule 1

A TREATY BETWEEN THE VIKING EMPIRE OF STORMARK AND THE KINGDOM OF VALENCIA

AFFIRMING the spirit of friendship and cooperation on which relations between the two nations are based, and wishing to place their relations on an closer and more solid foundation;

AFFIRMING that both nations formally recognise and respect each other as independent and sovereign nations, including each other's sovereign territories: websites, message boards and other real or virtual property under direct or indirect control of their respective governments, as proclaimed by them and as long as respecting others micronations' sovereignty under international law and Intermicronational convention

ACKNOWLEDGING the importance to each nation of forming a relationship and closer connection between them;

RESOLVED to evaluate and pursue opportunities for their governments and their peoples to work closer together in a spirit of understanding on matters of mutual interest;

CONVINCED of the importance of creating, developing and maintaining relations on an equitable and mutually advantageous basis in a long-term perspective;

RECOGNISING that cooperation between the two nations should have their common interest in the prosperity and welfare of both nations;

RECOGNISING full diplomatic immunity of the Sovereign Lord of Stormark; and full diplomatic immunity of the King of Valencia;

AFFIRMING that each contracting party has the right to appoint an ambassador to the other contracting party, where each contracting party is allowed to demand immediate removal of the ambassador at any time since arrival and without notice;

HAVE RESOLVED to conclude this treaty and for that purpose sign to indicate acceptance as follows:

THE KINGDOM OF VALENCIA

fdgfdgdf.png

THE VIKING EMPIRE OF STORMARK

Harald Torsten I den Givmilde, genom Vikingalagarnas Nåd Evig och Enväldig Vikingakejsare av Vikingakejsardömet Stormark, och genom andra Höga Lagars Nåd Kung av Sina andra Riken och Kolonier.

As you can see, this Treaty has already been accepted and placed into law in Valencia by His Majesty King Auguste II.

The point will be the monarch’s morality, his sub-forum “La Cage Aux Folles” and postings in “http://micras.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3838”.

I see nothing wrong with his morality. Being homosexual does NOT = immoral. The Bird Cage reference was done tongue-in-cheek by someone who, if he isn't gay himself, at least has gay friends and is accepting of them. To even bring that up as an issue disgusts me.

Members of the Althing,

Motion for a vote has been made and seconded. I do hereby declare debate and discussion on this Bill closed. Voting may commence now. All members may vote AYE, NAY, DEFER to signify the Bill be returned to debate or ABSTAIN.

Voting will remain open for four days.

Proud AYE.

If the Lady Law Speaker will indulge me, I have a few words to say on the matter to this body.

It was brought up during the process of passing this treaty, which I think is beneficial for both Stormark and Valencia, that we should not allow this treaty to pass because the King of Valencia, in his private real life identity is gay and thus "immoral". Not only is this downright despicable, but it is indeed immoral to discriminate against someone for the way they live their life.

Thorald The "Wise"... before you wag your finger and point at others for their so-called "immorality", is it not in almost every religion in the world to love your neighbor for what he or she is just like their Heavenly Father loves them moral behavior indeed? Are we not all sinners in the eye of God, therefore completely ineligible to pass judgment on fellow sinners? I suggest you sit down and stop engaging in this unnecessary witch hunt and finger pointing. I am appalled and frankly, I am incensed, that you would take this as your cause.

From now on, I refuse to call you Thorald "The Wise"... I shall call you Thorald The Bigot.

I yield the floor.

Lady Law Speaker,

We do hereby inform you that We have granted Our Imperial Assent to the Valencia - Stormark Treaty of Recognition and Friendship (Ratification) Bill and the said Bill has therefore become Law as the Valencia - Stormark Treaty of Recognition and Friendship (Ratification) Act of Year 8.

Archived