Gascony War

High King Harald

It was already agreed at the Future of Bosworth Conference that fighting in the friendly recwar would be confined to Gascony. It was also agreed that after the war Gascony will be partioned between Stormark and Batavia, in accordance with the map below.

gasconykaart.png

Other matters concerning the war that, amongst others, should be addressed are:

Where would the recwar be hosted?

What would be technology level of the war?

Who would be allowed to participate?

When would the recwar start?

Who would be the recwar judge?

What would be the duration of the recwar?

What would be the casus belli?

What would be the name of the recwar?

I would suggest Bosworth

Modern, normal no chem/nuc/bio weapons rule.

Anyone appart from Ocia who asks to take part and agrees to the pre-determined conclusion.

Sooner the better

I think we're old old enough to control ourselves ;) if anything specific arrises we'll call someone in.

Until we all get bored and go home

Duke Harald wants his Duchy back, Batavia just want land ;)

i dont see anything wrong with just "The Gascon war" lol

I agree with Bosworth. Then we avoid too many factions join.

I agree with modern, normal, no chem/nuc/bio weapons rule.

Stormark, Batavia, Shireroth and Gascony. Maybe Gralus (also neighbour). Other nations can join as mercenaries. I can agree with a veto against Ocia.

As soon as possible.

Maybe Erik, as Primate of the SC? ;)

Not too long.

1. In Gascony there's anarchy, communication with the Bosworthian government doesn't exist anymore. Stormark decides to protect Gascony against nations like Shireroth and Batavia who want to have the land ( ;) ). Originally, Batavia hesitates to declare war without a reason. But on a day some Gasconian rebels attack the naval base Zeehuysen in Batavia, destroying a part of the Batavian fleet (I would like it to have it a bit as Pearl Harbour :P ).

2. Shireroth and Gascony have some skirmishes and suddenly our Zeehuysen base is attacked by kamikaze-pilots

The Gascon war

I agree with Bosworth, essentially, the future colony itself.

I would suggest World War One, to give it that "Age of Imperialism" touch to it.

I would say simply a Stormark versus Batavia deal, followed by anyone else who wishes to participate.

Very soon

I agree that we can manage ourselves, and then call in other people later if things get out of control.

A short war, preferably.

I would say anarchy is Gascony, followed by a sphere of influence grab by Batavia, which causes either the assassination of a minor official or commander, or a minor clash between troops, which leads to a greater conflict.

The War of Bosworthian Succession. ;)

I personally like the technology of WO I. But maybe it's a bit difficult to do it like that, as the Batavians are using more developed weapons (better aircrafts, ships, tanks,... then there were in WO I).

I agree with Galinn about the casus belli, but I really want a kind of Pearl Harbor event to give the signal (want to make a little (propaganda) movie about it then).

What about the following casus belli?

Gascony has, due to the collapse of the Kingdom of Bosworth, lost all communication with Bosworth proper and has fallen into anarchy. Its territory is being rampaged by countless criminal gangs, warlords-led mililtias, and other rebel groups.

In Batavia the government is very worried about the lawlessness in Gascony which has caused a huge influx of Gascon refugees as well as incursions into Batavian territory by various rebel groups. It has set up several refugee camps along the border with Gascony and also has sent extra security forces there. Several skirmishes have already taken place between Batavian security forces and Gascon rebel groups.

Princess Fränzi-Ferdinanda des Vinandy, favourite niece of the King of Batavia, has managed to persuade her uncle to allow her to do charity work as an auxiliary nurse for the aristocratic charitable organization called Noblesse Oblige in one of the refugee camps along the border with Gascony. During a raid on the refugee camp by one of the strongest rebel groups, which is known as the Gascon Revolutionary Army, she is kidnapped. Shortly after her kidnapping Princess Fränzi-Ferdinanda des Vinandy is killed during an attempt to escape from her kidnappers.

Fabian Taré the leader of the Gascon Revolutionary Army, having heard about Princess Fränzi-Ferdinanda des Vinandy's death and fearing severe retaliation by Batavia to avenge the death of the Princess, orders a pre-emptive air strike on Batavia's naval base Zeehuysen to destroy the Batavian fleet.

The vast majority of the Batavian fleet is still at sea, after having exercised there, due to the failure of its commander Admiral Michiel Adriaanszoon Jackson to give the order to return to Zeehuysen and therefore only a small part of the Batavian fleet, consisting mainly of a couple nearly obsolete soon-to-be decommissioned vessels, gets destroyed. It is later discovered that Admiral Michiel Adriaanszoon Jackson died during a nap after having been administered a overdosis of an experimental anti-gout medicine.

In Batavia the public is outraged about the Princess' death and the subsequent attack on Zeehuysen and demands that the government invade Gascony to end the anarchy.

Meanwhile a delegation of Gascon nobles has travelled to Haraldsborg to ask Emperor Harald for help. While holding talks with the nobles he hears about Princess Fränzi's death, who is also niece of Emperor Harald, and outraged he immediately decides to intervene.

So far we have agreed upon the following:

The recwar is to be held in Bosworth.

The technology level will be modern, normal, no chem/nuc/bio weapons.

The recwar will start as soon as possible, will be rather short.

There will be no recwar judge.

The name of the war will be the Gascon War.

Anyone apart from Ocia who asks to take part in the recwar and agrees to the pre-determined conclusion will be allowed to participate.

Princess Fränzi-Ferdinanda des Vinandy = Franz-Ferdinand of Austria

Fabian Taré = Fabian Crazy

Admiral Michiel Adriaanszoon Jackson = Michiel Adriaanszoon de Ruyter + Michael Jackson

Noblesse Oblige = Knights of Malta

Hahaha! I love the puns in the proposed casus belli. :rofl:

One slight issue with the proposed casus belli, where do the forces i command as Duke fit into that?

You would be, as Duke of Gascony, battling the criminal gangs, warlords-led mililtias and other rebel groups that are rampaging Gascony trying to keep them out of the parts of the duchy that you still control.

I propose to write the following into the casus belli:

Duke Jeremy of Gascony is still in control of the capital La Roche-Derrien and the rest of the Gascon peninsula. He is, with the forces under his command, a mix of the remnants of Bosworth's armed forces stationed in Gascony, peasant armies and urban vigilante groups, fiercely battling the criminal gangs, warlords-led mililtias, and other rebel groups. Duke Jeremy is determined to reconquer the whole of Gascony and to fend off any possible foreign invaders.

Another matter I would like to raise is unit size.

Will we base the size of units on a rule set such as Anunia or shall we give each the freedom to create our ideal unit, within reasonable limits, in accordance with the needs based on the backstory?

I'd rather the latter, i'm sure in a gentlemanly environment we can agree one what and what isn't reasonable. For my part my forces will be relatively small with very little "high-tech" equipment etc.

The casus belli is fine with me :)

Excellent.

The Casus Belli for the Gascon War

Gascony has, due to the collapse of the Kingdom of Bosworth, lost all communication with Bosworth proper and has fallen into anarchy. Its territory is being rampaged by countless criminal gangs, warlords-led mililtias, and other rebel groups.

Duke Jeremy of Gascony is still in control of the capital La Roche-Derrien and the rest of the Gascon peninsula. He is, with the forces under his command, a mix of the remnants of Bosworth's armed forces stationed in Gascony, peasant armies and urban vigilante groups, fiercely battling the criminal gangs, warlords-led mililtias, and other rebel groups. Duke Jeremy is determined to reconquer the whole of Gascony and to fend off any possible foreign invaders.

In Batavia the government is very worried about the lawlessness in Gascony which has caused a huge influx of Gascon refugees as well as incursions into Batavian territory by various rebel groups. It has set up several refugee camps along the border with Gascony and also has sent extra security forces there. Several skirmishes have already taken place between Batavian security forces and Gascon rebel groups.

Princess Fränzi-Ferdinanda des Vinandy, favourite niece of the King of Batavia, has managed to persuade her uncle to allow her to do charity work as an auxiliary nurse for the aristocratic charitable organization called Noblesse Oblige in one of the refugee camps along the border with Gascony. During a raid on the refugee camp by one of the strongest rebel groups, which is known as the Gascon Revolutionary Army, she is kidnapped. Shortly after her kidnapping Princess Fränzi-Ferdinanda des Vinandy is killed during an attempt to escape from her kidnappers.

Fabian Taré the leader of the Gascon Revolutionary Army, having heard about Princess Fränzi-Ferdinanda des Vinandy's death and fearing severe retaliation by Batavia to avenge the death of the Princess, orders a pre-emptive air strike on Batavia's naval base Zeehuysen to destroy the Batavian fleet.

The vast majority of the Batavian fleet is still at sea, after having exercised there, due to the failure of its commander Admiral Michiel Adriaanszoon Jackson to give the order to return to Zeehuysen and therefore only a small part of the Batavian fleet, consisting mainly of a couple nearly obsolete soon-to-be decommissioned vessels, gets destroyed. It is later discovered that Admiral Michiel Adriaanszoon Jackson died during a nap after having been administered a overdosis of an experimental anti-gout medicine.

In Batavia the public is outraged about the Princess' death and the subsequent attack on Zeehuysen and demands that the government invade Gascony to end the anarchy.

Meanwhile a delegation of Gascon nobles has travelled to Haraldsborg to ask Emperor Harald for help. While holding talks with the nobles he hears about Princess Fränzi's death, who is also niece of Emperor Harald, and outraged he immediately decides to intervene.

Rule set for the Gascon War

The name of the war will be the Gascon War.

The recwar is to be held in Bosworth.

The technology level will be modern, normal, no chem/nuc/bio weapons.

Each participant shall be free to create his/her ideal unit, within reasonable limits, in accordance with the needs based on the backstory.

The recwar will start as soon as possible and will be rather short.

There will be no recwar judge.

Anyone apart from Ocia who asks to take part in the recwar and agrees to the pre-determined conclusion will be allowed to participate.

I have another question. Would, when the war is over, Stormark, Batavia and Bosworth sign a Treaty officially ending the war?

We could do that, but would it be a treaty between only us three or also the other participants?

Archived