Imperial Decree #127

user posted image

Imperial Decree

To all Our Well-Beloved Royals, Nobles and Knights, and all Our other Well-Beloved Citizens whatsoever to whom these Presents shall come, Greetings:

WHEREAS Article XXXXIII of the Emperor's Code requires any public official of Our Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire take an affirmation prescribed in or provided for by Statute or Imperial Instrument;

AND WHEREAS Our Imperial Decree #6 currently provides for the Affirmation to be taken by a Member of Our Council of State under Article XXXXIII of the Emperor's Code;

AND WHEREAS the Affirmation to be taken by a Member of Our Council of State under Article XXXXIII of the Emperor's Code prescribed by Our Imperial Decree #6 is outdated;

AND WHEREAS it is Our Imperial Wish and Desire to make fresh provision for the Affirmation to be taken by a Member of Our Council of State under Article XXXXIII of the Emperor's Code;

LET IT THEREFORE BE KNOWN that We, Harald Thorstein I the Generous Giver, The Eternal Sovereign Viking Emperor, Perpetual Protector of the People of Stormark, Perpetual Defender of the Viking Nation, Eternal Guardian of the Lakes of Hurmu, Paramount Chieftain of the Ancient Tribes of Hurmu, Most Noble Sovereign of the Lands of Stormark, Supreme Lord of the Lands of the Crown of Saint Harald, Supreme Lord of the Lands of the Longships Throne, Sovereign Lord of Kejsarinna Asa Land, Sovereign Lord of Lontinnin, Sovereign Lord of Vinland, Senator of the Lakes, King of Anglethyr, King of Bondegard, King of the Bosworthians, King of Marthunia, King of Merlaide, King of Sicilia, King of Thydtwinnster, Living Saint of the Most Holy Nidarosian Church, Solver of the Ancient Enigma, Keeper of the Most Sacred Instruments, Lord of the Conquest, Navigation and Commerce of the Imperial Colonies, Hero of the Old Tale, Paladin of the Temple of Love, Imperial Prince of Thule, Imperial Prince of Inis Fer Falga, Prince of Antioch, Prince of Arietta, Prince of Lichtenbad, Prince of Malisko, Duke of Frøyalan, Duke of Normandie, Duke of Pond Isle, Duke of Port Chloe, Marquis of Beaulieu, Marquis Thorstein, Earl of An Chláir, Earl of Carrick, Earl of Fife, Earl of the Trondelag, Count of La Marche, Count of Poitou, Count of Quercy, Count of Wintergleam, Baron of Einmar, Baron of Nordland, Baronet of Holmborg, Baronet of Robland, Lord of the Longships Islands and Lord of the Isles, do by this Our Imperial Instrument, in the exercise of Our Most Ancient Prerogative Imperial, decree that:

Eins. Upon taking up office any Member of Our Council of State who has been appointed by Us and the Imperial Chancellor of Stormark under Article 28e of the Viking Law shall take the following Affirmation of Office:

"I, ............., having been appointed to the Council of State to office and position of ..........., do hereby solemnly promise and affirm to be a true and faithful Servant unto The Emperor's Majesty as one of His Council of State. I shall not know or understand of any manner of thing to be attempted, done or spoken against His Most Imperial and Most Royal Majesty's Person, Honour, Crown or Dignity Imperial, but I shall lett and withstand the same to the uttermost of my power, and either cause it to be revealed to His Most Imperial and Most Royal Majesty Himself, or to such of His Council of State as shall advertise His Most Imperial and Most Royal Majesty of the same. I shall in all things to be moved, treated and debated in Council, faithfully and truly declare my Mind and Opinion, according to my Heart and Conscience; and shall keep secret all matters committed and revealed unto me, or that shall be treated of secretly in Council. And if any of the said Treaties or Counsels shall touch any of the Members I shall not reveal it unto him but shall keep the same until such time as, by the consent of His Most Imperial and Most Royal Majesty or of the Council, Publication shall be made thereof. I shall to my uttermost bear Faith and Allegiance to the Emperor's Majesty; and shall assist and defend all Jurisdictions, Pre-eminences, and Authorities, granted to His Imperial Majesty and annexed to the Crown by or under the High Laws and Statutes of Stormark, or otherwise, against all Foreign Princes, Persons, Prelates, States, or Potentates. And generally in all things I shall do as a faithful and true Servant ought to do to His Most Imperial and Most Royal Majesty. I do also solemnly declare that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion."

Tveir. The Affirmation of Office taken under the preceding Article shall be administered by Us in Our Private Cabinet.

Thrír. We shall provide the Law Speaker of the Althing with all Affirmations of Office taken by any Member of Our Council of State under Our Imperial Decree #6 and (s)he shall store the said Affirmations of Office in the Law Speaker's Vault.

Fjórir. The Law Speaker of the Althing shall store all Affirmation of Office of Office taken by any Member of Our Council of State under this Our Imperial Instrument in the Law Speaker's Vault.

Fimm. Upon the coming into effect of this Our Imperial Instrument, Our Imperial Decree #6 shall be repealed.

Sétt. This Our Imperial Instrument shall come into effect immediately.

So be it!!

Given at Our Hall in Haraldsborg, in Our Thanedom of Gulathing, under Our Hand and the Great Seal of Our Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire on the Twenty Seventh Day of the Month Valaheim in the Eighth Year of the Second Viking Age in the Second Epoch of Our Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire.

user posted image

Harald Torsten I den Givmilde, genom Vikingalagarnas Nåd Evig och Enväldig Vikingakejsare av Vikingakejsardömet Stormark, och genom andra Höga Lagars Nåd Kung av Sina andra Riken och Kolonier.

Archived