Your Excellency,

In light of the current emergency I have issued the following Imperial Farman for the raising of a defence force for the Principality of Hurmu:

Imperial Farman 020606: The Royal Hurmu Rifles

The text of which I reproduce below:

"Osmani Artakhshatra Kharenah"

Know that We, Mibaradardam be Khorshid va Mah Minamaz dadanam Zurvan, have in the first place granted to Zurvan this farman which by his Kharenah is confirmed for us and our heirs forever.

As a protector of the Satrapy of Hurmu under treaty and law I order that from 10am on Thursday 29 June 2006, all male Hurmu aged from 14 to 65 shall report to the barracks of the Commonwealth garrison in Huyenkula for basic military training for the defence of the Hurmu Fatherland against the barbaric and savage rebels who seek to obliterate the Hurmu way of life. Every Hurmu citizen shall heed the call to defend the fatherland. From the mobilisation 25,000 of those found to be in the best health and physical condition shall be passed fit for active service and assigned to The Royal Hurmu Rifles which shall be raised in ten regiments that shall muster at Huyenkula.

His Excellency the Prince of Hurmu shall have command of the Royal Hurmu Rifles and is appointed Generallöjtnant in that post.

Osman Shahanshah, by acclamation of the people, Protector of the Grand Commonwealth, Shahanshah of the Kingdom of Babkha and all her Dominions and Protectorates, Knight of the Most Ancient Imperial Order of the Lightning Sword, Khagan of the Lontinian Plains, Lord of the Tribes of Lontinia and of who dwell in Felt Tents, Co-Protector of all Things Hurmudan, Co-Defender of Hurmu.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF We have caused the Great Seal of the Rastakhiz to be affixed to this Farman which We have signed with Our Hand. Given this day Thursday, 29 June, in the Year 2006 in the City of Raspur, Greater Zjandaria, in the Second Year of Our Resummed Reign.

May I ask His Excellency to ensure that the correct procedures are followed regarding the authorisation and implementation of this Farman.