Greetings from the Principality of Fergustein!

To Whom it May Concern,

HSH Prince Philip I of the Principality of Fergustein has personally instructed me to conduct diplomatic relations with the illustrious Empire of Stormark. As External Affairs Minister, I would like to extend to Stormark and its people and Emperor friendship and peace with our nation, people and rulers.

The Principality of Fergustein has been established since July 2004 and came online in late 2005 - it is a growing community of citizens dedicated to the prosperity and success of the nation, headed by a Constitutional Monarchy in the person of Prince Philip I. We have forums at www.fergustein.fr.tt, as well as a news network at fergustein.blogspot.com and our government website and related sites at www.fergusteingov.fr.tt. We are currently going through the process of claiming land on Micras, as you know, and look forward to being neighbours!!

I would like to invite Stormark to sign a treaty of Recognition and Mutual Peace in Fergustein itself. We would be overjoyed to arrange a State Visit for either the Emperor or one of his diplomats - the people of Fergustein pride themselves in hospitality.

If you hope to proceed with diplomatic relations, just say so and I will post a draft treaty here. You are also most welcome to drop by at our forums at any time.

Wishing you well,

Sincerely,

Sir Michael Bentley, KB, KWS,

Duke of Montforth,

External Affairs Minister,

Principality of Fergustein.

Your Excellency,

Welcome to this Viking Nation!! Stormark would be most willing to conclude a Treaty of Recognition and Mutual Peace with Fergustein. Please draft such a Treaty of Recognition and Mutual Peace. I will visit Fergustein very soon.

Good Evening To You, Lord Montforth,

Welcome to Our Great Nation of Stormark, Sir!!! . . .

We are Most Pleased that You are here in Our Fair Community!!! . . .

Please feel free to walk through Our Forums, and talk with us . . .

Your Comments and Viewpoints are Very Important to us, and we Welcome Your Esteemed Insights . . .

All of us here in Stormark hope that Your Visit will be Pleasurable and Profitable . . .

If there is anything that we can do to make Your Stay More Enjoyable, please do ask us, and we will be more than happy to help . . .

Have a most splendiferous evening . . . forthwith . . .

Thank you, Your Imperial Majesty, for a wonderful welcome!

Here is the draft treaty of Recognition and Mutual Peace I suggest:

TREATY OF RECOGNITION and MUTUAL PEACE

Between

The Sovereign Principality of Fergustein

and

The Sovereign Viking Empire of Stormark

We the Undersigned:

1. RECOGNISE that mutual recognition and respect is the essential foundation on which relations between two nations are built;

2. AFFIRM that both nations formally recognise each other as independent and sovereign nations;

3. ACKNOWLEDGE the importance of promoting friendship between our nations with the intent of developing greater international understanding and co-operation;

4. RESOLVE to pursue opportunities to work together in a spirit of understanding on matters of mutual interest and to keep mutual peace;

5. RESOLVE not to declare war on each other;

6. UNDERSTAND the importance of maintaining relations on a long-term perspective;

7. CONCLUDE that this Treaty formally embodies the friendship and cooperation desirous between our governments and peoples of our two nations;

9. AGREE that either party may unilaterally withdraw from the Treaty after giving thirty days notice;

10. DECLARE that this Treaty is made only between the signatory nations and does not commit either nation in anyway to any other international or regional agreements to which either signatory nation is committed.

* Amendment of this Treaty requires agreement between both signatory nations.

* This Treaty comes into force upon ratification by duly authorised government officials from each signatory nation.

For and on behalf of The Sovereign Principality of Fergustein:

Duke of Montforth,

Date: 12/5/2006

For and on behalf of The Sovereign Viking Empire of Stormark :

Date:

What do you think? If you agree I shall arrange an official State Visit for you to sign the Treaty ceremonially at our City Palace. You can see how one of these visits is organised by having a look at the visit of a USM delegate at our Forums - www.fergustein.fr.tt.

Thank you for your co-operation!

Duke of Montforth,

Good Morning To You. Your Majesty And Also To You, Lord Montforth,

What an Absolutely Magnificent Treaty which has been presented to be Signed By These Two Nations!!! . . .

Gentlemen, This Effort Is Truly Splendid!!! . . .

When the Signing has been Completed, I feel certain that this will afford Both Nations the Opportunities to Bring Many Generous Benefits to their Citizens . . .

Have a most thoughtful morning . . . forthwth . . .

Archived