Greetings from Ibelin

Your Imperial Majesty,

I, HM Lord Balian VII, King of Ibelin, come here before you today to start official talks to bring our nations to sign a Treaty of Recognition. The Kingdom of Ibelin would be honour and safer if an important nation, such as Stormark, would give official recognition of its sovereignty.

We would be eternally thakful if you accepted to grant us international recognition.

Yours Sincerely,

Your Majesty, Lord Balian;

Welcome to this Viking Nation!! Stormark would indeed be willing to conclude a Treaty of Mutual Recognition with the Kingdom of Ibelin. Does your Nation have a standard Treaty or would you like Stormark to draft a Treaty?

TREATY OF ACRE

BETWEEN

THE KINGDOM OF IBELIN

AND

THE VIKING EMPIRE OF STORMARK

AFFIRMING the spirit of friendship and cooperation on which relations between the two Nations are based, and wishing to place their relations on an even closer and more solid foundation;

AFFIRMING that both Nations formally recognize and respect each other as Independent and Sovereign Nations.

ACKNOWLEDGING the importance to each Nation of the relationship and the close connection between them;

RESOLVED to evaluate and pursue opportunities for their governments and their peoples to work together in a spirit of understanding on matters of mutual interest;

CONVINCED of the importance of creating, developing and maintaining relations on an equitable and mutually advantageous basis in a long-term perspective;

RECOGNISING that cooperation between the two Nations should have their common interest in the prosperity and welfare of both nations;

CONVINCED that the conclusion of a Treaty which formally embodies the friendship and cooperation between the governments and peoples of the two Nations will assist the further development of their relations;

HAVE RESOLVED to conclude this Treaty and for that purpose sign to indicate acceptance as follows:

FOR THE KINGDOM OF IBELIN:

FOR THE VIKING EMPIRE OF STORMARK:

Good Morning To You, My Gentle Friends,

This is Magnificent News for the Kingdom of Stormark, and the Kingdom of Ibelin . . .

In My Humble Opinion, I am confident that such a Wonderful Treaty will Strengthen the Ties of Friendship and Honour between the Two Nations . . .

May the Kingdom of Stormark and the Kingdom of Ibelin constantly seek to bring new Heights of Peace and Prosperity to their Kingdoms . . .

Have a most thoughtful morning . . . forthwith . . .

*signs Treaty: Harald Torsten I den Givmilde, genom Vikingalagarnas Nåd Enväldig Vikingakejsare av Vikingakejsardömet Stormark, och genom andra Höga Lagars Nåd Kung av Sina andra Riken och Kolonier.*

HTVK user posted imageHTVK

Harald Torsten I den Givmilde, Den Enväldige Vikingakejsaren

Approved

Present:

The Sovereign Viking Emperor's Most Excellent Majesty in Council.

Sir Dagfinn Thorvaldsson.

Aoife the Celt.

Dame Ragnhild Gunlaugsdottir,

The Duchess of Romsdal.

TREATY OF ACRE

BETWEEN

THE KINGDOM OF IBELIN

AND

THE VIKING EMPIRE OF STORMARK

AFFIRMING the spirit of friendship and cooperation on which relations between the two Nations are based, and wishing to place their relations on an even closer and more solid foundation;

AFFIRMING that both Nations formally recognize and respect each other as Independent and Sovereign Nations.

ACKNOWLEDGING the importance to each Nation of the relationship and the close connection between them;

RESOLVED to evaluate and pursue opportunities for their governments and their peoples to work together in a spirit of understanding on matters of mutual interest;

CONVINCED of the importance of creating, developing and maintaining relations on an equitable and mutually advantageous basis in a long-term perspective;

RECOGNISING that cooperation between the two Nations should have their common interest in the prosperity and welfare of both nations;

CONVINCED that the conclusion of a Treaty which formally embodies the friendship and cooperation between the governments and peoples of the two Nations will assist the further development of their relations;

HAVE RESOLVED to conclude this Treaty and for that purpose sign to indicate acceptance as follows:

FOR THE KINGDOM OF IBELIN:

HM Lord Balian VII, King of Ibelin

FOR THE VIKING EMPIRE OF STORMARK:

Harald Torsten I den Givmilde, genom Vikingalagarnas Nåd Enväldig Vikingakejsare av Vikingakejsardömet Stormark, och genom andra Höga Lagars Nåd Kung av Sina andra Riken och Kolonier.

user posted image

Given at Our Hall in Haraldsborg, in Our Thanedom of Gulathing, this Twenty Nineth Day of the Month Gladsheim in the Fourth Year of the Second Viking Age.

This is indeed Wonderful News for the Nation of Ibelin, and also for Our Great Nation of Stormark . . .

In My Humble Opinion, This Treaty will be of Great Benefit to the Citizens of Ibelin and Stormark . . .

I am fully confident that This Magnificent Document will provide a Stability that will bring Greater Heights of Peace and Prosperity to Both Nations . . .

I am sure that the Citizens of Ibelin will derive an Immense Benefit from the Treaty between their Honourable Nation and that of Our Great Nation of Stormark . . .

May we all live in Peace and Harmony . . .

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry that it took me so long to come back and post my many thanks for the oportunity that this Treaty gives us. Naturally, the Senate of Ibelin ratified it as well.

I hope our nations will have a long and fruitful relationship.

Many thanks and congratulations.

Yours Sincerely,

Good Morning To You, Your Majesty, Lord Balian,

As The Court Confidant for His Majesty of Stormark, I wonder if You would allow me the Privilege of just Expressing one or two Small Thoughts . . .

Firstly, please accept my Sincere Congratulations for Fulfilling Your Part in Allowing this Treaty to be Ratified . . . Without Your Participation, this Treaty would not have been Possible . . .

Secondly, now that this Treaty has been Ratified, all of us here in Stormark hope that the two Nations of Stormark and Ibelin will enjoy a Mutually Productive and Satisfying Relationship, and that the Bonds of Trust and Friendship will be Strengthened . . .

Thirdly, it is my Wish for You and Your Nation of Ibelin to be Blessed with Happiness, Peace and Prosperity . . .

As the Court Confidant of His Majesty of Stormark, I would just like to add one tiny thought, if I may be allowed . . .

"Getting Along Nicely", as President Woodrow of Woodstania so Generously Stated, is VERY Important to the Issue of Nations entering into Closer Bonds of Friendship and Trust . . .

With that in mind, it is also important for the Nations to Share Common Interests, which it is apparent that this is already a Positive Response . . .

Therefore, it is Most Important to Remember that Our Nations be allowed to Grow Stronger in Every Way, and to Remain Committed to Peace and Prosperity . . .

Archived