[Port Chloe] The Lady Ristina Marmai at Greenwich House

Ristina Marmai‎‎.png

The Lady Ristina Marmai at Greenwich House, her retreat in the Royal City of Port Chloe, in the year 1682 during the visit of her son the Lord Johan Anderion Avon-El Ayreon-Kalirion. 

The Lady Ristina Marmai, born in Lake Camel, Utasia, in 1610, is an Elw noblewoman. Widow of Ander Avon-El and mother of Johan Anderion. Despite her husband being elected Prince of Elwynn in 1672, she was known to oppose Elwynnese independence. She never applied for an Elwynnese passport, using instead her Shirerithian passport when travelling.

As a businesswoman in the trade of import and export and immigration services, she inherited her father's company upon his death from a skiing accident in 1628, the Marmai Trading Joint-Stock Company. She then headed this company until her resignation in 1677. She profited from the mass-immigration of Froyalaners during the 1630s and 1640s (capped at 1 million people per year according to official decree). Her company focused their attention on helping Froyalaners get accustomed to Elwynnese and Shirerithian society and law until the late 1630s when demand for those particular services were low, as by then, Elwynnese society was less strange and foreign but felt immediately like home for the Froyalanish immigrants. The company took a plunge in the 1650s after the Travis Travesty, but specialized instead in the trade of Froyalanish curiosa to interested buyers.

Considered an eccentric lady by those close to her, she was also seen as politically neutral. Not once did she utter any political statements in front of media, not even when her husband was elected Prince. She even refused to attend his inauguration, stating to the media this time however, that "my husband does not take me to my place of work, I shall not take him to his, we're both independent individuals".

In 1675, she retired from the Marmai Trading JSC to devote herself to her hobby, mountain walking and hiking. She disappeared a year later during one of her hiking trips with her son. Although declared legally dead in Elwynn in 1680, this was changed in 1682 as sightings of her in Haraldsborg and Port Chloe confirmed that she remained alive. She spends most of her time at Hvíthǫll, her home in Haraldsborg, running her own little court.

The Lady Ristina Marmai is supercalifragilisticexpialidociously hot! Where can I sign up to become her auxiliary bedwarmer!? :drewl:

• 1 month later...
On 4/23/2020 at 2:33 PM, Princess Esther said:

The Lady Ristina Marmai does look great for an Elw woman well into her 70s. It must be those Idunn's apples with which the Lady Ærinndís is providing her with. 

Of course I provide for my guests!! Storish hospitality!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2020 at 9:27 AM, Ærinndís said:

Of course I provide for my guests!! Storish hospitality!!!

Methinks that hospitality ought to be expanded by the Storish State providing the Lady Ristina Marmai with an Imperial Chieftain level household as well as pay for the upkeep and care of her residences in the Lands of the Longships Throne, to wit: the manse called Hvíthǫll in the Imperial City of Haraldsborg and  the manse known as Greenwich House in the Royal City of Port Chloe. 

Would my Sweet Lady Great-grandaunt also could be so kind to discreetly find out of which Jarldom the Lady Lady Ristina should like to be part of the Archroyalty? 😊

15 minutes ago, Princess Esther said:

Methinks that hospitality ought to be expanded by the Storish State providing the Lady Ristina Marmai with an Imperial Chieftain level household as well as pay for the upkeep and care of her residences in the Lands of the Longships Throne, to wit: the manse called Hvíthǫll in the Imperial City of Haraldsborg and  the manse known as Greenwich House in the Royal City of Port Chloe. 

Would my Sweet Lady Great-grandaunt also could be so kind to discreetly find out of which Jarldom the Lady Lady Ristina should like to be part of the Archroyalty? 😊

My dear! Lady Ristina is ever so excited about these all so interesting prospects! She supposes that Snæland, through Mina Durtarui, would be the closest to her heart. She is quite involved with the Elw community there and has already donated money to Elw cultural institutions there. So an archroyalty to that island would honour her immensely, I understand!

25 minutes ago, Ærinndís said:

My dear! Lady Ristina is ever so excited about these all so interesting prospects! She supposes that Snæland, through Mina Durtarui, would be the closest to her heart. She is quite involved with the Elw community there and has already donated money to Elw cultural institutions there. So an archroyalty to that island would honour her immensely, I understand!

Methinks that it should be no problem for my scribes to find a fitting Snælandish Archroyal holding for the Lady Ristina, o Sweet Lady Great-grandaunt of Mine!

Are you, by the way aware of what travel documents/passports the members of the Elw community use when travelling?

Just now, Princess Esther said:

Methinks that it should be no problem for my scribes to find a fitting Snælandish Archroyal holding for the Lady Ristina, o Sweet Lady Great-grandaunt of Mine!

Are you, by the way aware of what travel documents/passports the members of the Elw community use when travelling?

They of course use Storish passports for travelling!! The most unfortunate for them though is how cut off they are from their kinswomen and kinsmen in Elwynn, currently under the most hideous and illegal of occupations!! :(

7 hours ago, Ærinndís said:

They of course use Storish passports for travelling!! 

Oops! I confused them with Elw communities living otherwhere in the Lands of the Longships Throne! :oops:

7 hours ago, Ærinndís said:

They of course use Storish passports for travelling!! The most unfortunate for them though is how cut off they are from their kinswomen and kinsmen in Elwynn, currently under the most hideous and illegal of occupations!! :(

1 minute ago, Princess Esther said:

Oops! I confused them with Elw communities living otherwhere in the Lands of the Longships Throne! :oops:

Allow me to say that the Elw dwelling in Mina Durtarui received Storish Citizenship upon their locality becoming part of the Jarldom of Snæland in the year 1615. 

11 hours ago, Ærinndís said:

10 hours ago, Princess Esther said:

All of me is of the mind that the Snælandish Archroyal Jarlship of Sýrvǫllr would be most fitting for the Lady Ristina Marmai Anderion Avon-El Ayreon-Kalirion.😊

9 hours ago, Ærinndís said:

Lady Ærinndís,

Since the household which the Lady Ristina Marmai shall be provided with by the Storish State is to be derived from that of an Imperial Chieftain it is meet that Her Imperial Highness also gives her household a name accordingly. for the purpose of inspiration all of me hereby provides all of her with a list containing various names of Imperial Chieftains' households.

• Akkerihirð, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftainess of Borgarrike;
  • Farmaðrshirð, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftainess of Eidsivarike;
  • Fullvalda Hofhâlding, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftain of Gularike and the Mysterious Isles;
  • Gyðjarfosshirð, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftain of Snæland;
  • Hlæfdigehīrdes, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftainess of Port Chloe and the Providence Plantations;
  • Hǫrgrhirð, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftainess of Thingeyri;
  • Maison de la Cheffin Impériale de Normandie, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftainess of Normandie;
  • Sjávaraflihirð, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftainess of the Isles;
  • Sverðhirð, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftain of Frostarike;
  • Teaghlach Cláirsí, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftainess of Sólareyjar;
  • Tiundahirð, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftainess of Tiundarike;
  • Treforkshirð, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftain of Tronderike;
  • Vínhirð, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftainess of Vinland;
  • Vínviðrhirð, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftain of the Arbor Isles;
  • Vog Réttlætishirð, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftainess of Haldarsvik.

All of me would not mind if the name given to her househiold by the Lady Ristina Marmai were to be in the Elw language.😊

8 hours ago, Aoife the Celt said:

All of me is of the mind that the Snælandish Archroyal Jarlship of Sýrvǫllr would be most fitting for the Lady Ristina Marmai Anderion Avon-El Ayreon-Kalirion.😊

Her Imperial Highness agrees and asks to convey to you her gratitude as great as the mighty bosom of Lady Unna!!

8 hours ago, Aoife the Celt said:

Lady Ærinndís,

Since the household which the Lady Ristina Marmai shall be provided with by the Storish State is to be derived from that of an Imperial Chieftain it is meet that Her Imperial Highness also gives her household a name accordingly. for the purpose of inspiration all of me hereby provides all of her with a list containing various names of Imperial Chieftains' households.

• Akkerihirð, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftainess of Borgarrike;
  • Farmaðrshirð, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftainess of Eidsivarike;
  • Fullvalda Hofhâlding, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftain of Gularike and the Mysterious Isles;
  • Gyðjarfosshirð, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftain of Snæland;
  • Hlæfdigehīrdes, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftainess of Port Chloe and the Providence Plantations;
  • Hǫrgrhirð, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftainess of Thingeyri;
  • Maison de la Cheffin Impériale de Normandie, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftainess of Normandie;
  • Sjávaraflihirð, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftainess of the Isles;
  • Sverðhirð, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftain of Frostarike;
  • Teaghlach Cláirsí, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftainess of Sólareyjar;
  • Tiundahirð, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftainess of Tiundarike;
  • Treforkshirð, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftain of Tronderike;
  • Vínhirð, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftainess of Vinland;
  • Vínviðrhirð, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftain of the Arbor Isles;
  • Vog Réttlætishirð, the Imperial Household of the Imperial Chieftainess of Haldarsvik.

All of me would not mind if the name given to her househiold by the Lady Ristina Marmai were to be in the Elw language.😊

Lady Aoife,

The Lady Ristina proposes Janduihirð as the name of her household. The first component of the name, Jandui, meaning "virtue", is derived from the Sword of Virtue (Meqil Jandui), forged for the King of Elwynn in those days of yore. She thinks this would be a fitting mix of Elw and Storish, just like the very island of Snæland is! And I have to say, I very much agree with Her Imperial Highness.

22 hours ago, Ærinndís said:

A High Priestess wishes to convey that the Jarldom of Snæland has a prodigious quantity of mountaineous territory. In the Falcon Vale the Lady Ristina Marmai can therefore truly indulge herself in her hobby, feeling like a fish in water as well as exuberantly honouring her monikers Ristina Mountainwalker and Ristina of the Mountway.  :cheers2:

On 5/5/2020 at 1:43 PM, Sigrdrífa the Priestess said:

A High Priestess wishes to convey that the Jarldom of Snæland has a prodigious quantity of mountaineous territory. In the Falcon Vale the Lady Ristina Marmai can therefore truly indulge herself in her hobby, feeling like a fish in water as well as exuberantly honouring her monikers Ristina Mountainwalker and Ristina of the Mountway.  :cheers2:

Indeed!! And she will be much closer to her son, the Lord Johan Anderion, in Brandenburg whenever he returns from his diplomatic missions across the world! :cheers2:

On 5/7/2020 at 12:01 PM, Ærinndís said:

Indeed!! And she will be much closer to her son, the Lord Johan Anderion, in Brandenburg whenever he returns from his diplomatic missions across the world! :cheers2:

Sweet Lady Great-grandaunt of Mine,

The Lady Ristina Marmai will now to be hiring, won't she? Her Imperial Highness will have to find at least 2197 servants/staffers. Will you be giving the Lady Ristina a little hand with hiring since you have got a lot of experience with hiring because of you having, amongst others, served as Seneschal of the Falcons' Rookery‎ and Warden of the Inland? :champ: :thumbsup:

21 hours ago, Princess Esther said:

Sweet Lady Great-grandaunt of Mine,

The Lady Ristina Marmai will now to be hiring, won't she? Her Imperial Highness will have to find at least 2197 servants/staffers. Will you be giving the Lady Ristina a little hand with hiring since you have got a lot of experience with hiring because of you having, amongst others, served as Seneschal of the Falcons' Rookery‎ and Warden of the Inland? :champ: :thumbsup:

My dearest Beloved Great-Niece of Mine

Absolutely! We have already received over 50,000 applications. Lady Ristina decided to limit the household to around 3000, due to not wanting a too big organization to manage. For myself, I am sorry to say that I have let my Head Manager go over to Lady Ristina. I have promoted the Assiatant one to be Head Manager over my Household. But it makes me happy that Lady Ristina will have a good and experienced and honorable Head Manager for Her Own Household.

Lady Ristina, due to her fondness of skycladness, has decreed that, whenever possible, all members of staff will be sky-clad, except of course for jewelry and such insigna of rank and profession as necessary.

8 hours ago, Ærinndís said:

For myself, I am sorry to say that I have let my Head Manager go over to Lady Ristina. I have promoted the Assiatant one to be Head Manager over my Household. But it makes me happy that Lady Ristina will have a good and experienced and honorable Head Manager for Her Own Household.

Lady Ærinndís,

I'm supercalifragilisticexpialidociously glad that I'm still in your service as Rúnwita Hlæfdiges and not having been packed off to Janduihirð. Mine service to you means the world to me. Truly mine pride and joy! 😍 :yesyes:

11 hours ago, Birgitta the Bold said:

Lady Ærinndís,

I'm supercalifragilisticexpialidociously glad that I'm still in your service as Rúnwita Hlæfdiges and not having been packed off to Janduihirð. Mine service to you means the world to me. Truly mine pride and joy! 😍 :yesyes:

And this is, my Lady Birgitta the Bold, the reason why I could let go of the Head Manager!  Your expertise is more than I could lose. I am so grateful for your assistance in the recruitment process of Lady Ristina's household.

27 minutes ago, Ærinndís said:

And this is, my Lady Birgitta the Bold, the reason why I could let go of the Head Manager!  Your expertise is more than I could lose. I am so grateful for your assistance in the recruitment process of Lady Ristina's household.

Lady Ærinndís,

Mine gratitude for your kind words of appreciation is as great as the mighty bosom of the Lady Unna! I'm supercalifragilisticexpialidociously privileged to be able to serve a legend like you. 

Troubadours and skalds around the globe to this very day sing in praise about your beauty as well as inestimable skills and virtues such as your bowwomanship, managerialism, charity and selflessness. The way you most competently administered the affairs of the House of Ettlingar Freyu within your purview when serving as Seneschal of the Falcons' Rookery‎ is the stuff of legend and is studied at business schools around Reikistjarna, and innumerable people in the Lands of the Longships Throne and its Bilander as well as beyond-the-walls - military and civilians alike - still fawn about the manner you conducted yourself at the Battle of Myrkviðr. 😍 :yesyes:

Oh myyyy.... all my greatness is long gone in the past, you say, my Lady? What a terrible sad fate I lead if nothing great is of what I do today!

2 hours ago, Ærinndís said:

Oh myyyy.... all my greatness is long gone in the past, you say, my Lady? What a terrible sad fate I lead if nothing great is of what I do today!

Lady Ærinndís,

Misunderstandings will happen! :flowers:

Your exuberantly sung greatness does supercalifragilisticexpialidociously continue to this very day of the Second Viking Age and shall last for several Norton centuries to come. That greatness of yours shall indeed, without the slightest bit of the tiniest of doubts, remain as great as the mighty bosom of the Lady Unna!

Thanks to your capable hands at its helm, the Ministry of the Inland, a megaministry in its own right and one of the largest ministerial departments of Reikistjarna, is a well-oiled machine and going through one of its golden ages. Only the Lady Frigga Herself could do a better job!

Through your various charitable activities you have touched and transformed the lives of so many people for the better, working supercalifragilisticexpialidocious miracles! The Lady Freyja truly shines through, as well as smiles upon, you!

In other words: you, past to present, still are a superabundant source of inspiration for the songs and poems of praise of troubadours and skalds around the globe! 

57 minutes ago, Birgitta the Bold said:

Lady Ærinndís,

Misunderstandings will happen! :flowers:

Your exuberantly sung greatness does supercalifragilisticexpialidociously continue to this very day of the Second Viking Age and shall last for several Norton centuries to come. That greatness of yours shall indeed, without the slightest bit of the tiniest of doubts, remain as great as the mighty bosom of the Lady Unna!

Thanks to your capable hands at its helm, the Ministry of the Inland, a megaministry in its own right and one of the largest ministerial departments of Reikistjarna, is a well-oiled machine and going through one of its golden ages. Only the Lady Frigga Herself could do a better job!

Through your various charitable activities you have touched and transformed the lives of so many people for the better, working supercalifragilisticexpialidocious miracles! The Lady Freyja truly shines through, as well as smiles upon, you!

In other words: you, past to present, still are a superabundant source of inspiration for the songs and poems of praise of troubadours and skalds around the globe! 

Those words, my dearest Lady Birgitta, certainly give me some comfort!

Would you mind telling me how many servants I have in my household, perhaps with a division of professions and how many of which type I have?