[[Template core/front/global/favico is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] Jump to content

A Coat of Arms for the Lady Ærinndís

Lady Ærinndís,

A High Priestess wishes to convey that she should like to make a personal coat of arms for Your Imperial and Royal Highness for use in things like the 
Fullvalda Hofhâldings Hringlaga.

Her High Holiness therefore hereby requests for your input. 

What a lovely gesture, Lady Sigrdrífa! I am beyond myself with joy. Here are some suggestions from my point of view, but as the artists, you make the decisions!

Supporters: at least one raven (to represent the House of the Descendants of Freyja)

Shield: one part to represent Port Chloe and the Providence Plantations, one part to represent the House of the Descendants of Freyja, one part to represent Batavia, and one for the House of Vinandy.

Lady Sigrdrífa,

In honor of the founding religion of the place of which I am chieftain -- Sufi Islam -- I feel that I should choose a quote from the great Sufi poet that exemplifies the harmony between the religions here in Stormark:

در راه طلب عاقل و دیوانه یکی است
در شیوه‌ی عشق خویش و بیگانه یکی است
آن را که شراب وصل جانان دادند
 کعبه و بتخانه یکی است‎

On the seeker’s path, wise men and fools are one.
 In His love, brothers and strangers are one.
 Go on! Drink the wine of the Beloved!
 In that faith, Muslims and pagans are one.

I much like this stanza – perhaps the first line would be a good motto for my coat of arms?

58 minutes ago, Ærinndís said:

I much like this stanza – perhaps the first line would be a good motto for my coat of arms?

Lady Ærinndís, 

A High Priestess wishes to convey that she shall do so! 

wjx6kx.png

Lady Ærinndís, 

A High Priestess hereby presents Your Imperial and Royal Highness with her personal coat of arms!

The first quarter is the Arms of the House of Ettlingar Freyu.

The second quarter is the Arms of the House des Vinandy.

The orange lion on white in the third quarter alludes to Batavia.

The fourth quarter features a castle on a lyre, both of gold. The castle is Scarwood Keep; the lyre is a prominent symbol of the Duchy of Port Chloe and the Providence Plantations, which also can be found in the Duchy's coat of arms.  

28rsly.png

Lady Ærinndís,

A High Priestess hereby presents Your Imperial and Royal Highness with a smaller version of your personal coat of arms for use in the Fullvalda Hofhâldings Hringlaga. 

Lady Sigrdrífa,

What a joy from such a good sister as you to receive this from your hands! It is beautiful, absolutely regal, and most fitting.

You have made my old sorrowful heart, My Lady, experience some happiness that it has been aching for!

23 hours ago, Ærinndís said:

Lady Sigrdrífa,You have made my old sorrowful heart, My Lady, experience some happiness that it has been aching for!

Lady Ærinndís,

Your heart may be old, but your body is still smoking hot! You look like a woman in her late twenties, which is, of course, the great benefits of eating Idunn's apples. 🍎🍏

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2019 at 10:34 AM, Astrid said:

Lady Ærinndís,

Your heart may be old, but your body is still smoking hot! You look like a woman in her late twenties, which is, of course, the great benefits of eating Idunn's apples. 🍎🍏

Thank you! It is the privilege only us Vanics have!