Your Imperial Highness,

Allow me to ask why the Chancellor of the Bovic Tapferite Empire of the Natopian Nation refers to the Duchy of Port Chloe and the Providence Plantations as a "mere colony" while it is a Jarldom, and all Jarldoms are integral parts of the High Realm and constitutionally equal to each other, as well as culturally one of the most important areas of Stormark?

I'm sure our Sister Realm would also have a problem with this - East Baudrix and Rio Grande are full provinces of Alexandria in Tapfer that have given to Alexandria First Consuls, Regents and prominent citizens. Interesting, but wholly erroneous, perspective. Good question, Lady Unna.

Your Imperial Highness,

Allow me to ask why the Chancellor of the Bovic Tapferite Empire of the Natopian Nation refers to the Duchy of Port Chloe and the Providence Plantations as a "mere colony" while it is a Jarldom, and all Jarldoms are integral parts of the High Realm and constitutionally equal to each other, as well as culturally one of the most important areas of Stormark?

Lady High Justiciar, Sir Ragnar

I am certain that the Chancellor meant no harm in what he said, rather, in a poor choice of words, chose to convey the sentiment that Natopia and the CTR both have their capitals on the Tapferite continent.

I will of course ask the Chancellor myself so that he is given an opportunity to personally address these concerns that you both have. I promise to get back to you as soon as possible on your question.

Dear Stormarkians,

Please forgive my slip of the tongue. I was indeed referring to the fact that, upon the CTR's successful claim only it and Natopia will have capital cities on the continent of Tapfer and I was using that commonality to create a sense of friendship with the new nation. "Colonies" was a less-precise word choice but merely a convenient byword for "land not connected to the established core of a nation." I would, in a similar turn of phrase, offhandedly refer to Arboria and the Skerries as Natopian "colonies" even though they are full demesnes just as Port Chloe is a fully integrated jarldom. It was not intended to suggest that Stormark considers its Tapfer possessions less than its heartland. I offer my sincerest and most profound apologies for damage my words have done to Stormark and Alexandria.

Humblest regards,

Christo