The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Lord Lewis

Friendly greetings from the Commonwealth

Your Majesty,

I come on behalf of the Commonwealth of Hamland to open relations between our two states.

I would like to notify that we have passed a bill recently which requires us to re-sign all agreements with other states. This is so we can keep better track of who we have agreements with. We also have developed our http://www.mncommunities.org/hamland/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1008'>Area of Freedom and Stability policy which is both our basis for our foreign affairs as well as an agreement to be signed with like-minded states.

Our government has been working on approaching all of our key neighbours through our Neighbourhood Program. As we share maritime borders we feel that it is important that we should make contact with this great country. We also are happy to communicate about more general aspects of micronationalism and foster a long and fruitful relationship.

I hope that we can begin by signing a treaty of recognition and one facilitating trade between our states.

Thanks,

Lord Lewis

[on a separate note]

Our serving Prime Minister would like to hear what the position of Stormark on the ethnic cleansing by Jingdao is. Duke Sinclair is keen to take action to help the victims of the atrocity.

imparms22mn0.gif

The High Realm of Stormark

Note of Response by the High Justiciar of Stormark

Your Lordship,

How am I pleased to be able to welcome you to the Lands of the Longships Throne!

Permit me to say that the High Realm of Stormark is superabundantly interested in expanding its diplomatic relations with a like-minded state as the Commonwealth of Hamland with which our country already co-operates in the Council of Free Nations.

Pray be adviced that the Imperial Government of Stormark is of the mind that the conclusion of a treaty of recognition as well as one facilitating trade between the Commonwealth and the High Realm is an excellent way to commence the expansion of relations between our countries.

Allow me to finish with expressing that the High Realm of Stormark is willing to assist the Commonwealth of Hamland with providing humanitarian aid to those who are not too thrilled of being subject to the amusements and policies of their near future Jingdaoese overlords and seek to flee the plight aforesaid.

Yours Truly,

Unna of Skálavík of the House of Vanadís,

Bloodroyal and Jarla of Freyja's Necklace,

Royal Chieftainess of Skálavík,

High Justiciar of Stormark.

Your Excellency,

I thank you for your hospitality and your response.

I would like to ask if Stormark has any aims for our relationship's expansions. We are keen, as stated in our policy, to promote common security and also expand trade between our countries. I link you to http://hamland.mncommunities.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1009&sid=9fd2ef0b7bb228061eccfc2c9d632a24'>our standard treaties covering trade and defence on these matters and also welcome any proposed treaties from Stormark.

As Lord of the Isles I note our shared attachment to the seas and my region of the Commonwealth sends fraternal greetings to our fellow seafarers.

We are glad that the High Realm has taken note of the situation in Jingdao. We note the proximity of Jingdao to the High Realm and will honour our membership and responsibilities as a member of the Council of Free Nations in the situation of an incursion. I bring your attention to our discussions with the Brettish Isles over the matter and hope that we can create some form of agreement between states on a worthwhile response. The people of Albion, who share close links with the Brettish, are under threat and we have taken note of the Brettish wishes to take action in the area. Our Government at present is keen to avoid military conflict unilaterally and have agreed that our action should be humanitarian in providing a place for refugees to flee to. If Stormark has a wish to host Refugees I am sure our government will be willing to help.

am happy to exchange personal messages on hub.mn and share these with or cabinet should the High Realm wish to discuss any matters in secret.

Yours Sincerely,

Lord Lewis

Your Excellency,

I thank you for your hospitality and your response.

Pray be adviced that you are superabundantly welcome, Your Lordship.

I would like to ask if Stormark has any aims for our relationship's expansions. We are keen, as stated in our policy, to promote common security and also expand trade between our countries. I link you to our standard treaties covering trade and defence on these matters and also welcome any proposed treaties from Stormark.

Allow me to express that the aim of the High Realm with regard to its relations with Hamland is to make Micras a better and safer place. We are therefore willing to sign the aforesaid treaties covering trade and defense.

As Lord of the Isles I note our shared attachment to the seas and my region of the Commonwealth sends fraternal greetings to our fellow seafarers.

Permit me to, as High Justiciar of Stormark and High King's Navigator and First Mate of the Longship of State, to cordially reprociate those fratenal greetings to our fellow maniners.

Our Government at present is keen to avoid military conflict unilaterally and have agreed that our action should be humanitarian in providing a place for refugees to flee to. If Stormark has a wish to host Refugees I am sure our government will be willing to help.

Allow me to joyfully inform you that the High Realm has, through Operation Out of Albion, ferried hundreds of thousands of refugees out of that area before it ceased to be part of The Green. The aforesaid refugees have been taken to refugee facilities in the south of the Jarldom of Hålogarike and shall be relocated within Stormark or be brought over to a country of their preference that is willing to take them. The same shall be done with any Albionese refugees found on the High Seas or in Storish waters.

Your Lordship,

Allow me to present you with a Storish draft Treaty. You may find it in the post below.

The Treaty of ......

The governments of the High Realm of Stormark and the Commonwealth of Hamland, hereafter referred to as the 'High Contracting Parties,' represented by Her Royal Highness Unna of Skálavík of the House of Vanadís, Bloodroyal and Ærkejarla of Freyja's Necklace, High Justiciar of Stormark and His Lordship Lord Lewis, Lord of the Isles, Minister of the Globe of the Commonwealth of Hamland, desiring to commence a new era of co-operation and friendship between their nations, have agreed upon the following articles:

Recognition

1. The High Contracting Parties recognise and pledge never to violate the sovereignty, territorial integrity and legal jurisdiction of the other, and therefore recognise the respective applicability of each state's laws in relation to citizens of any nationality while within their jurisdiction.

Diplomacy

2. The High Contracting Parties shall guarantee the sovereign immunity of one another's Heads of State and Government as well as the diplomatic immunity of duly accredited ambassadors.

3. The High Realm of Stormark pledges to allow the opening and maintenance of a permanent Hammish embassy in the Imperial City of Haraldsborg, while the Commonwealth of Hamland pledges the same with regard to a permanent Storish embassy in the city of New Kirrie.

Co-operation

4. The High Contracting Parties undertake to encourage full and productive co-operation between organs of the state, academic or other research institutions, charitable organisations and other such entities engaged in the pursuit of the furtherance of archaeology, cultural development, history, language, science, technology, and other such areas of research, across both jurisdictions, and shall endeavour to lift any unnecessary bars or fetters to such research and provide expedited state entry procedures for those individuals involved.

Mutual Prosperity

5. The High Contracting Parties shall permit and encourage trade, commerce and industry across their borders, with special consideration given to the transit of manufactured goods and raw materials. In major infrastructure projects, the governments of the High Contracting Parties shall in the tendering process consider companies from each nation alike.

Mutual Defence

6. The High Contracting Parties affirm that an attack on one High Contracting Party shall be considered an attack on them both. Both High Contracting Parties hereby commit themselves to non-aggression and to defend each other from common enemies and threats.

7. The High Contracting Parties affirm that in the event of a threat towards the security of the other, they will take whatever means they deem necessary, including armed force, to retain the security and integrity of the attacked party.

8.The armed forces of the High Contracting Parties shall enjoy the right of freedom of movement and shall be permitted to use military facilities after prior notification across the territories held by both High Contracting Parties.

9. The High Contracting Parties agree to work together on the standardisation of equipment and munitions, the sharing of information relevant to interests of national security of one or both signatory parties and joint military training exercises.

Respect for Territory

10. The High Contracting Parties shall respect their rights to future territorial expansion and recognise the international limit of rights to waters as categorised into two zones:

a. The territorial waters, consisting of 12 nautical miles from the coast of the state, subject to full jurisdiction of the state;

b. Exclusive economic zone, consisting of 200 nautical miles from the coast of the state, in which the state shall have exclusive rights for the purpose of exploring and exploiting, conserving and managing the natural resources, whether living or non-living, of the waters superjacent to the seabed and of the seabed and its subsoil, and with regard to other activities for the economic exploitation and exploration of the zone, such as the production of energy from the water, currents and winds;

c. Wherever the exclusive economic zones of the High Contracting Parties shall clash, the median point between the coasts of the states shall be the border of between the aforesaid exclusive economic zones.

11. Further clarification on the question of territorial waters may be produced by mutual consent of the High Contracting Parties via an ancillary agreement to this Treaty.

Efficacy of this Treaty

12. This Treaty shall take effect upon ratification by the High Contracting Parties in accordance with their respective constitutional laws and customs.

13. This Treaty shall be valid indefinitely, and may be amended, repealed or replaced by mutual consent of the High Contracting Parties.

14. Following the negotiation of any further amendments to this Treaty, it shall be re-signed and re-ratified.

15. This Treaty shall lapse if one High Contracting Party collapses, dies or is annexed by another sovereign nation, and shall not bind any successor state.

Concluded this day, [Date], at the Imperial City of Haraldsborg.

Signed for the High Realm of Stormark:

Signed for the Commonwealth of Hamland:

Thank you for the treaty. I will put it forward in our parliament.

I also ask if the government of the High Realm is aware of the continuing situation in Jingdao and if they will be taking any further action.

I am pleased to inform you that the treaty has passed the parliament.

How am I pleased to hear that!

Pray be advised that we shall now proceed to signing the Treaty and subsequent to that I shall submit the Treaty to the Althing for ratification.

The Treaty of Rósby

The governments of the High Realm of Stormark and the Commonwealth of Hamland, hereafter referred to as the 'High Contracting Parties,' represented by Her Royal Highness Unna of Skálavík of the House of Vanadís, Bloodroyal and Ærkejarla of Freyja's Necklace, High Justiciar of Stormark and His Lordship Lord Lewis, Lord of the Isles, Minister of the Globe of the Commonwealth of Hamland, desiring to commence a new era of co-operation and friendship between their nations, have agreed upon the following articles:

Recognition

1. The High Contracting Parties recognise and pledge never to violate the sovereignty, territorial integrity and legal jurisdiction of the other, and therefore recognise the respective applicability of each state's laws in relation to citizens of any nationality while within their jurisdiction.

Diplomacy

2. The High Contracting Parties shall guarantee the sovereign immunity of one another's Heads of State and Government as well as the diplomatic immunity of duly accredited ambassadors.

3. The High Realm of Stormark pledges to allow the opening and maintenance of a permanent Hammish embassy in the Imperial City of Haraldsborg, while the Commonwealth of Hamland pledges the same with regard to a permanent Storish embassy in the city of New Kirrie.

Co-operation

4. The High Contracting Parties undertake to encourage full and productive co-operation between organs of the state, academic or other research institutions, charitable organisations and other such entities engaged in the pursuit of the furtherance of archaeology, cultural development, history, language, science, technology, and other such areas of research, across both jurisdictions, and shall endeavour to lift any unnecessary bars or fetters to such research and provide expedited state entry procedures for those individuals involved.

Mutual Prosperity

5. The High Contracting Parties shall permit and encourage trade, commerce and industry across their borders, with special consideration given to the transit of manufactured goods and raw materials. In major infrastructure projects, the governments of the High Contracting Parties shall in the tendering process consider companies from each nation alike.

Mutual Defence

6. The High Contracting Parties affirm that an attack on one High Contracting Party shall be considered an attack on them both. Both High Contracting Parties hereby commit themselves to non-aggression and to defend each other from common enemies and threats.

7. The High Contracting Parties affirm that in the event of a threat towards the security of the other, they will take whatever means they deem necessary, including armed force, to retain the security and integrity of the attacked party.

8.The armed forces of the High Contracting Parties shall enjoy the right of freedom of movement and shall be permitted to use military facilities after prior notification across the territories held by both High Contracting Parties.

9. The High Contracting Parties agree to work together on the standardisation of equipment and munitions, the sharing of information relevant to interests of national security of one or both signatory parties and joint military training exercises.

Respect for Territory

10. The High Contracting Parties shall respect their rights to future territorial expansion and recognise the international limit of rights to waters as categorised into two zones:

a. The territorial waters, consisting of 12 nautical miles from the coast of the state, subject to full jurisdiction of the state;

b. Exclusive economic zone, consisting of 200 nautical miles from the coast of the state, in which the state shall have exclusive rights for the purpose of exploring and exploiting, conserving and managing the natural resources, whether living or non-living, of the waters superjacent to the seabed and of the seabed and its subsoil, and with regard to other activities for the economic exploitation and exploration of the zone, such as the production of energy from the water, currents and winds;

c. Wherever the exclusive economic zones of the High Contracting Parties shall clash, the median point between the coasts of the states shall be the border of between the aforesaid exclusive economic zones.

11. Further clarification on the question of territorial waters may be produced by mutual consent of the High Contracting Parties via an ancillary agreement to this Treaty.

Efficacy of this Treaty

12. This Treaty shall take effect upon ratification by the High Contracting Parties in accordance with their respective constitutional laws and customs.

13. This Treaty shall be valid indefinitely, and may be amended, repealed or replaced by mutual consent of the High Contracting Parties.

14. Following the negotiation of any further amendments to this Treaty, it shall be re-signed and re-ratified.

15. This Treaty shall lapse if one High Contracting Party collapses, dies or is annexed by another sovereign nation, and shall not bind any successor state.

Concluded this day, Thursday 12 December 2013 / 21 Ydalir 12, at the Imperial City of Haraldsborg.

unnasig.gif

Lady Unna of Skálavík of the House of Vanadís,
Bloodroyal and Ærkejarla of Freyja's Necklace,
High Justiciar of the High Realm of Stormark.

The Treaty of Rósby

Recognition

Diplomacy

Co-operation

Mutual Prosperity

Mutual Defence

Respect for Territory

Efficacy of this Treaty

Concluded this day, Thursday 12 December 2013 / 21 Ydalir 12, at the Imperial City of Haraldsborg.

unnasig.gif

Lady Unna of Skálavík of the House of Vanadís,
Bloodroyal and Ærkejarla of Freyja's Necklace,
High Justiciar of the High Realm of Stormark.

Lord Lewis of the Isles,

Foreign Minister of the Commonwealth of Hamland.

Further to my previous correspondence I invite Stormark to join our Coalition for Liberty in Jingdao on our forums. If you join please PM me for the password.

Jingdao has recently been openly threatening the safety of our peoples and territory and we are keen on organising a clear strategy against them. We will not act unilaterally though and wish to work alongside other states.