The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  

First Draft for Vicereine Day

Good Afternoon To You, My Gentle Friends,

Our Lady Chief Justice of Stormark, Dame Gudrun, is indeed Most Knowledgeable . . .

She is Infinitely Wise in Her Counsel for everyone here in Our Great Nation of Stormark . . .

Have a most thoughtful afternoon . . . forthwith . . .

This is also ok under the Laws of Stormark.

From the Separation of Church and State Act of 2004:

2. Imperial ceremonies such as coronations, investitures, etc. shall be modified to accomodate the faith and practices of their principal participants. All other persons are free to be absent from such ceremonies, without penalty.

In other words Lady Anne-Marie may include anything she wants as long as the principal participants approve.

And the Emperor and I have approved so case closed! loveit.gif

My Thanks Your Most Excellent Highness!

Might I suggest a Bill concerning the workings of the Imperial Household is introduced into the Althing to decide what jurisdiction the Imperial Household has?

I hate to sound nasty but I really don't want to run my office by committee. As far as I can see, I draw up a first, second and final draft and if the Emperor says yay then then it goes ahead.

Lady Anne-Marie,

Such a Bill is just what the Imperial Household needs. Go ahead!! thumbsup.gif

Your Loving Cousin,

Harald Thorstein.

Your Imperial Majesty,

I have submitted the first bill which established the powers of my office. I will construct a second bill which details the workings of the Imperial Household as a whole.

Your Loving Cousin,

Anne-Marie

Lady Anne-Marie,

Those Bills will be very beneficial to the Imperial Household so you have My full support. Go on!! smile.gif

Your Loving Cousin,

Harald Thorstein.

Good Evening To You, My Dear Anne-Marie,

His Majesty and Her Most Excellent Highness, Vicereine Dame Birla have some valid points . . .

Make sure that You set out in Minute Detail every single point that You plan to use as Your Powers while You are in this Esteemed Office . . .

You want to make sure that this is Ironclad, and cannot be construed in any other way except what You set down . . .

I don't particularly see that anyone wants to misinterpret Your Powers . . .

However, You want to make sure that every Law and Working of the Imperial Household of which You are a part in Your Duties is left with each piece totally covered in detail . . .

Have a most thoughtful evening . . . forthwith . . .

I also support the bill

I don't want to make it seem, by my concerns in certain areas, that I'm trying to control or usurp your position. However, I approve of the fact that the bill leaves space for citizens to make suggestions. Which is all I'd ask.

I do agree that Suggestions or Input from Citizens should be allowed . . .

But I think that Our Anne-Marie did mentioned that Suggestions or Input from Citizens would definitely be considered . . .

Quite Right Dame Ragnhild.

However, 'Consider' is the right word. I can't encorporate all ideas and suggestions because it really would be too much. I'm open to suggestions but I can't promise to include them.

Good Afternoon To You, My Dear Anne-Marie,

I think perhaps if You would use the word "Consder", in Your Bill, and then if a Suggestion sems particularly appropriate or appealig, then consult His Majesty for His Final Approval . . .

How does that Proposition sound to You, My Dear . . .

Quite Right Dame Ragnhild.

However, 'Consider' is the right word. I can't encorporate all ideas and suggestions because it really would be too much. I'm open to suggestions but I can't promise to include them.

Indeed!

The Proper Procedure in any Bill is to "Consider" Outside Opinions . . .

Any Outside (meaning Citizen Opinions outside of the Bill) Opinons that seem Appropriate would be Presented to His Majesty for His Ultimate Approval . . .

I don't want to make it seem, by my concerns in certain areas, that I'm trying to control or usurp your position. However, I approve of the fact that the bill leaves space for citizens to make suggestions. Which is all I'd ask.

That is understood Your Highness. I am more than willing to hear your suggestions but if the Emperor approves something, for me, that is the ultimate assent and therefore has no need to be altered or changed based on public opinion.

Thankyou for your wise words Dame Ragnhild.

Enjoy the events but too many cooks spoil the broth! wink.gif