The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Chloe Mark-2

Khaniqah of Shah Nimatullah

Lady Chloe,

Allow me to enquire into when you think that the construction of the Khaniqah of Shah Nimatulla shall be finished?

It should take about four years. hehe I am thinking we'll be all set in about eight days.

Lady Chloe,

Allow me to enquire whether you have ever met a murid or a Dervish in real life?

I've met plenty of Murid. Usually, Muslims who are interested in the Sufi Way, or are searching for enlightenment will meet with a Mushid and learn from him for however long they wish. So I've run into plenty of Muslims who were travelling the path for a while. As for Dervishes, they are hard to come by as most will be found in impoverished areas, where they've taken vows of poverty and solemnity. There are also Dervishes commonplace in Turkey, where an Order of Sufi perform a ceremony called a Sema - where part of it is dancing in a fevered circle. Those people are commonly known as "Whirling Dervishes". My Order doesn't do that, but we do have Dervishes who either live lives of selected poverty, or take residence at a place of retreat.

Lady Chloe,

Allow me to enquire into whether you are of the mind to establish a Sufi place of retreat in the Duchy of Port Chloe and the Providence Plantations.

I doubt there would be much use for one, and might just complicate matters.

It would be sort of pushing the bounds a bit, but I doubt anyone would really object

A High Priestess wonders what would happen if someome showed up at the Khaniqah of Shah Nimatullah wearing a burqa?

A High Priestess wonders what would happen if someome showed up at the Khaniqah of Shah Nimatullah wearing a burqa?

Pray be adviced that such a person would be kicked out. ;)