The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Chloe Mark-2

Khaniqah of Shah Nimatullah

I have commissioned the construction of a new place of worship. It will be located very nearby to Harvest Hall. While the building itself is being dedicated to Shah Nimatullah - and is intended for use by the Nimatullahi Order of Sufism, everyone is welcome to worship. Sufis are accepting of all people, no matter what. After construction is completed, we will be holding regular worship services, as well as educational classes about Sufism and Islam.

Here is the proposed design for the new Khaniqah:

2v9p7yw.jpg

A High Priestess wonders what Lady Chloe wears when Her Imperial and Royal Highness is worshipping?

Sufi women normally wear a simple robe called a "chador". They are usually one solid color - commonly white or black (depending on the season) - and are almost always all one piece. They cover from head to toe. Here is an image of a woman wearing a chador, to better illustrate.

117cinr.jpg

I have 6. A couple each in black and white, one gold, and one green

A High Priestess wonders what women and men of other faiths and beliefs have to wear when they should like to worship at the Khaniqah of Shah Nimatullah?

There are always areas for those who wish to come as they are without any requirements placed on clothing. Those who are Sufi or Muslim would obviously dress accordingly, and their prayer areas are in a different part of the building, with separate entrances.

A High Priestess wishes to convey to Lady Storish followers of the Ancient Ways, also known as Storish Vanafolk, usually worship in the nude, except in the event of exuberantly formal and solemn rituals such as weddings, baby welcomings, funerals, coronations, investitures, etc. etc. Is the latter the case then we dress in ceremonial gowns.

She also wonders whether her cermonial gowns in the posts beneath meet Sufi requirements of worship modesty?

It would be sort of pushing the bounds a bit, but I doubt anyone would really object

You'd have to tell me what that is, first

You'd have to tell me what that is, first

A High Priestess wishes to explain to Lady Chloe that a Godsgrove usually is a small wooded area belonging to a building of importance that is used for outdoor worship. An alternative term for Godsgrove is prayer garden. The former term is predominantly used by the Storish Vanafolk, the latter term is used by non-Vanafolk.

I don't see a problem with having a Godsgrove

A High Priestess wonders whether Lady Chloe is of the mind to grant the Khaniqah of Shah Nimatullah a Warrant of Establishment? She wishes to explain to Her Imperial and Royal Highness that a Warrant of Establishment is since time immemorial the term for a charter granted to a body of believers and gives her an example of such an instrument.

That's a very good idea, and I thank you for it. I will do that as soon as construction is complete and we hold a dedication ceremony.

Lady Chloe,

Allow me to ask what the title of the head of the Khaniqah of Shah Nimatulla shall be?

While I plan to include a bit of basic information once the khaniqah opens - including terminology and vocabulary, I will share a few with you now.

The leader of the community is called a "Mushid" - which means guide. He is the spiritual master and holds the sole teaching position. He will most likely be referred to as "Sheikh".

Those who are not raised Sufi but choose to enter into the religion, will commonly be referred to as a "Murid", which just means "follower". While this is usually a term associated with Muslims who decide to embrace Sufism, the Nimatullahi Order is know to use murid to refer to those of any religion seeking enlightenment.

Anyone who becomes a disciple of a specific murshid will usually be known by others as a "Dervish". Dervishes are almost always completely engrossed in their spiritual quest, to a much greater degree than typical Sufis, and most assuredly more-so than a murid.

Lady Chloe,

Allow me to thank you for the information! :thumbsup2: