The High Realm of Stormark

Now that we have a constitution in Vinland, and a chance at proper government, I wanted to propose an idea which is open to all Stormarkers. I hinted at this idea earlier, but now I wish to see if there is any interest in it. Since Vinland will need to convene its first parliament, I wonder if people would be interested into simulating an election for the Vinlandsthing? My idea is that each "player" would be allowed to simulate a character and/or start a party which would campaign, present platforms, etc. At the end of the campaign, everyone in Stormark would be entitled to vote in the election, and this would determine how seats would be allocated within the Vinlandsthing, and set up future simulations.

To me, this would be a nice way to introduce politics and excitement into Stormark without causing the kind of real political wrangling which seems to tear apart many micronations. As well, who knows, we could even attract new citizens by such a move! Anyway, just a suggestion for everyone to consider.

Colonel Thorvald Bjorklund,

I would be willing to take part in such an election simulation. You should also approach High Queen Sigrid since she is quite into such simulations.

Well, I suppose that means one less player... :whistling:

Thank you for your interest, Lady Astrid, and I welcome anyone else who wishes to participate to join in! I plan on getting this started soon, now that I can effectively observe the election process.