The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
High King Harald

Orders in Council #196, The Imperial Marines

imperialinstrument13.png

Order in Council

Approved

Present:

The High King's Most Excellent Majesty in the High Council of the Realm.

Lady Unna of Skálavík of the House of Vanadís,

Bloodroyal and Jarla of Freyja's Necklace,

High Justiciar.

Lady Astrid Sólareyjarsdóttir of the House of Vanadís,

Bloodroyal and Jarla of the Rose Cape,

Lady Warden of Law and Justice.

HRH Prince Bjarngeir Thorkellson of the House of Nidaros,

Blood-Royal and Jarl of Frostarike,

Lord Warden of the Inland.

WHEREAS We are compelled by Our Imperial Duty to govern Our High Realm with Wisdom and Due Diligence;

AND WHEREAS We are compelled by the self-same Imperial Duty to make provision for the Defence of Our High Realm;

AND WHEREAS We have noticed that the need has arisen for the establishment of a marine force to carry out amphibious landings and special littoral operations in the aid of other branches of the Imperial Armed Forces of the Lands of the Longships Throne; to perform operations under any condition or circumstance as a rapid reaction force; and to carry on the raiding traditions of the Norse people;

AND WHEREAS it is Our Imperial Wish and Desire to make provision for the establishment of such a marine force to carry out and perform the aforementioned operations and carry on the raiding traditions of the Norse people;

LET IT THEREFORE BE KNOWN that We, by this Our Imperial Instrument, in the exercise of Our Most Ancient Prerogative Imperial, by and with the advice and consent of Our High Council of the Realm, order that:

1. There shall be established a branch of the Imperial Armed Forces of the High Realm known as the Imperial Marines to carry out amphibious landings and special littoral operations in the aid of other branches of the the Imperial Armed Forces of the Lands of the Longships Throne, to perform operations under any condition or circumstance as a rapid reaction force, and to carry on the raiding traditions of the Norse people;

2. The Old Sea Companies are hereby abolished, and the troops assigned to them are integrated into the Imperial Marines;

3. The Imperial Marines shall be considered a branch of the Imperial Navy, but shall retain its own traditions, ranks, and structure;

4. The motto of the Imperial Marines shall be: “By land or sea, we fight for Stormark”;

5. Every member of the Imperial Marines shall be bound by the Old Sea Code, which is defined in Section 3 of the schedule;

6. The commanding officer of the Imperial Marines shall be the Commandant who shall also serve as a member of the Naval High Command, have attained at least the rank of Major General, and shall be appointed by the High King to serve at his pleasure;

7. The ranks of the commissioned officers, warrant officers and enlisted personnel of the Imperial Marines are as set out in Section 1 of the schedule;

8. Commissioned officers and enlisted personnel of the Imperial Marines may be promoted only by the High King of the High Realm of Stormark or by those individuals to whom His Imperial Majesty has expressly delegated that authority;

9. The specific organization of units below the level of regiment are as set out in Section 2 of the schedule, and the allotment of men and equipment shall be determined by the High King, the Commandant of the Imperial Marines acting with the approval of the High King, or by those individuals to whom His Imperial Majesty has expressly delegated that authority;

10. The following Marine Infantry Regiments shall, upon the coming into effect of this Our Imperial Instrument, be raised for service with the Imperial Marines of Stormark:

a. 1st Marine Infantry Regiment (“The Fighting First”);

b. 2nd Marine Infantry Regiment (“The Invincibles”);

c. 3rd Marine Infantry Regiment (“The Magnificent Third”);

d. 4th Marine Infantry Regiment (“The Fighting Fourth”);

e. 5th Marine Infantry Regiment (“The Sea Tigers”);

f. 6th Marine Infantry Regiment (“The Beserkers”);

g. 7th Marine Infantry Regiment (“The Stormin’ Seventh”);

h. 8th Marine Infantry Regiment (“The Eightfold Pathfinders”);

i. 9th Marine Infantry Regiment (“The Sea Wolves”);

j. 10th Marine Infantry Regiment (“The Tremendous Tenth”);

k. 11th Marine Infantry Regiment ("The Sea Huscarls");

l. 12th Marine Infantry Regiment ("Valkyrie's Fury");

m. 13th Marine Infantry Regiment ("The Travellin' Thirteenth);

n. 14th Marine Infantry Regiment ("Arctic Warriors");

o. 15th Marine Infantry Regiment ("The Timberwolves").

11. The following Marine Armored Regiments shall, upon the coming into effect of this Our Imperial Instrument, be raised for service with the Imperial Marines of Stormark:

a. 1st Marine Armored Regiment (“Thor’s Hammers”);

b. 2nd Marine Armored Regiment (“Odin’s Spearhead”);

c. 3rd Marine Armored Regiment (“Freyja’s Fury”);

d. 4th Marine Armored Regiment (“Valkyrie’s Revenge”).

12. The following Marine Artillery Regiments shall, upon the coming into effect of this Our Imperial Instrument, be raised for service with the Imperial Marines of Stormark:

a. 1st Marine Artillery Regiment (“Tyr’s Cannons”);

b. 2nd Marine Artillery Regiment (“Thor’s Thunderbolts”);

c. 3rd Marine Artillery Regiment (“Frigga’s Torch”);

d. 4th Marine Artillery Regiment (“Valhalla’s Messengers”).

13. The following Marine Support Regiments shall, upon the coming into effect of this Our Imperial Instrument, be raised for service with the Imperial Marines of Stormark:

a. 1st Marine Support Regiment (“The Furtive First”);

b. 2nd Marine Support Regiment (“The Supportive Second”);

c. 3rd Marine Support Regiment (“The Talented Third”);

d. 4th Marine Support Regiment (“The Forceful Fourth").

14. There shall be a Marine Commando Regiment which shall be headquartered in the Storish Heartland at the disposal of the Commandant of the Imperial Marines and which shall be charged with special operations and covert missions;

15. There shall be a Marine Guard Regiment which shall be headquartered in the Storish Heartland at the disposal of the High King, and which aid in the protection of the High King, on land and on the seas, as well as aid in the protection of Imperial Marine bases;

16. Regiments shall be commanded by an officer who has attained the rank of Colonel, with the exception of the Marine Guard Regiment, which may be commanded by a Brigadier General;

17. There shall be five Marine Brigades which shall be assigned for independent operational commands, commanded by an officer with the rank of Brigadier General, and shall be organized as follows:

a. 1st Marine Brigade, assigned to the Storish Heartland, composed of:

i. 1st Marine Support Regiment;

ii. 1st Marine Armored Regiment;

iii. 1st Marine Infantry Regiment;

iv. 2nd Marine Infantry Regiment;

v. 1st Marine Artillery Regiment.

b. 2nd Marine Brigade, assigned to the Central Fleet, composed of:

i. 2nd Marine Support Regiment;

ii. 2nd Marine Armored Regiment;

iii. 3rd Marine Infantry Regiment;

iv. 4th Marine Infantry Regiment;

v. 2nd Marine Artillery Regiment.

c. 3rd Marine Brigade, assigned to the Southern Fleet, composed of:

i. 3rd Marine Support Regiment;

ii. 3rd Marine Armored Regiment;

iii. 5th Marine Infantry Regiment;

iv. 6th Marine Infantry Regiment;

v. 3rd Marine Artillery Regiment.

d. 4th Marine Brigade, assigned to the Western Fleet, composed of:

i. 4th Marine Support Regiment;

ii. 4th Marine Armored Regiment;

iii. 7th Marine Infantry Regiment;

iv. 8th Marine Infantry Regiment;

v. 4th Marine Artillery Regiment.

e. 5th Marine Brigade, assigned to the Northern Fleet, composed of:

i. 5th Marine Support Regiment;

ii. 5th Marine Armored Regiment;

iii. 9th Marine Infantry Regiment;

iv. 10th Marine Infantry Regiment;

v. 5th Marine Artillery Regiment.

f. The 1st Marine Reserve Brigade, assigned to the Storish Heartland, composed of:

a. 11th Marine Infantry Regiment ("The Sea Huscarls");

b. 12th Marine Infantry Regiment ("Valkyrie's Fury");

c. 13th Marine Infantry Regiment ("The Travellin' Thirteenth);

d. 14th Marine Infantry Regiment ("Arctic Warriors");

e. 15th Marine Infantry Regiment ("The Timberwolves").

18. This Our Imperial Instrument shall come into effect immediately.

SCHEDULE

SECTION 1: RANKS OF THE IMPERIAL MARINES

a. General Officers:

GO1) General (General)

GO2) Generallöjtnant (Lieutenant General)

GO3) Generalmajor (Major General)

GO4) Brigadgeneral (Brigadier General)

b. Commissioned Officers:

O1) Överste (Colonel)

O2) Överstelöjtnant (Lieutenant-Colonel)

O3) Major (Major)

O4) Kapten (Captain)

O5) Premiärlöjtnant (Lieutenant)

O6) Löjtnant - Second Lieutenant

c. Enlisted Ranks

E1) Chefsergent (Sergeant Major)

E2) Seniorsergent (Master Sergeant)

E3) Oversergent (Sergeant First Class)

E4) Stabsergent (Staff Sergeant)

E5) Sergent (Sergeant)

E6) Korporal (Corporal)

E7) Overmarinejeger (Marine First Class)

E8) Marinejeger (Marine)

SECTION 2: ORGANIZATION OF IMPERIAL MARINE REGIMENTS

a. The Marine Infantry Regiment shall be composed of:

i. A regimental headquarters and support company, including a medical platoon, military police platoon, and headquarters platoon;

ii. Three marine infantry companies, each with three marine rifle platoons and a headquarters platoon;

iii. A marine heavy weapons company, a machine gun platoon, anti-armor platoon, mortar platoon, sniper section, and headquarters platoon.

b. The Marine Armored Regiment shall be composed of:

i. A regimental headquarters and support company, including a medical platoon, anti-armor platoon, military police platoon, and headquarters platoon;

ii. One marine tank company, with three tank platoons and a headquarters platoon;

iii. Two marine mechanized infantry companies, each with three mechanized platoons and a headquarters platoon;

vi. One marine reconnaissance company, with three reconnaissance platoons and a headquarters platoon.

c. The Marine Artillery Regiment shall be composed of:

i. A regimental headquarters and support company, including a medical platoon, military police platoon, and headquarters platoon;

ii. Two field artillery batteries, each with two field artillery platoons and a headquarters platoon;

iii. One self-propelled artillery battery, with two self-propelled artillery platoons and a headquarters platoon;

iv. One air defense battery, with two air defense platoons and a headquarters platoon.

d. The Marine Support Regiment shall be composed of:

i. A brigade headquarters company

ii. A headquarters and support company, including a medical platoon, military police platoon, and headquarters platoon;

iii. A transport & supply company;

iv. A medical company;

v. A communications company;

vi. A maintenance company.

e. The Marine Commando Regiment shall be composed of:

i. A regimental headquarters and support company, including a medical platoon, sniper section, and headquarters platoon;

ii. Three commando companies, each with three commando platoons and a headquarters platoon.

f. The Marine Guard Regiment shall be composed of:

i. A regimental headquarters and support company, including a medical platoon, military police platoon, sniper platoon, and headquarters platoon;

ii. Two marine armored companies, each with three tank platoons and a headquarters platoon;

iii. Four marine assault companies, each with four mechanized platoons and a headquarters platoon;

iv. One self-propelled artillery battery, with two field artillery platoons and a headquarters platoon;

v. One air defense battery, with two air defense platoons and a headquarters platoon;

vi. One commando company, with three commando platoons and a headquarters platoon.

SECTION 3: The Old Sea Code

1. As a Marine, I shall defend Stormark by land and sea;

2. As a Marine, I shall follow the orders of my commanders and take discipline as my sacred value;

3. As a Marine, I shall respect the traditions of our Norse ancestors, and give my all for Stormark;

4. As a Marine, I shall never perform an action which shall dishonor the Marines or its traditions;

5. As a Marine, I shall never surrender, and I shall never give up until I am dead or my mission is accomplished;

6. As a Marine, I shall never leave a comrade behind, and I shall respect my enemies as my comrades;

7. As a Marine, I shall be prepared to carry out any mission with honor, valor, and courage.

I djúpinu hár dit gívit oss glédina at átá, gilda o gárna dit innannemnda, órd fur órd, som lá.

So be it!!

Given at the Vanadísarhall in the Imperial City of Haraldsborg, in Our Jarldom of Gularike, on this Day of the Lady Sól, the Tenth Day of the Month Thrymheim in the Eleventh Year of the Second Viking Age in the Second Epoch of Our High Realm.

greatsealhighrealm13.png

signature2l.gif

Haraldur Freyjugjöf af Ættingjunum Freyju, Yfirkonungur Stórmerkur