The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Astrid

A Stained Glass Window of Your Wedding

A Priestess wishes to know from Their Majesties whether They had a wedding cake at Their wedding feast?

Priestess Sigrdrífa, we had a richly decorated thirteen foot tall wedding cake of seven layers with doves hidden in the bottom layer that bursted out in a swirl of white feathers, scattering in every direction, when we cut the cake by jointly swinging a sword into it.

A Priestess wishes to know from Their Majesties whether the sword with which They cut the wedding cake has a name?

Lady Sigrdrífa, the sword with which we cut the wedding cake is called Bridal Blade and that it is an ancient heirloom from your family. It is a silvery greatsword engraved with runes and it is said that any couple who cuts their wedding cake with Bridal Blade will have a very happy marriage.

A Priestess wishes to know from Their Majesties to which wedding march They have walked down the aisle?

Lady Sigrdrífa, our wedding march was a song called Ode to Sigrid the Brave of which the lyrics had been composed especially for the occasion of our wedding by Lolle Jónsdóttir. The song is set to a tune similar to that of Scotland the Brave and tells about my ancestry, heritage, kindness, beauty and heroic deeds.

A Priestess wishes to know from Their Majesties what the length of Their wedding march was?

Priestess Sigrdrífa, what an interesting question! The full length of our wedding march, the song titled "An Ode to Sigrid the Brave", is thirteen minutes. It's played with a full orchestra and chorus plus an electric guitar, lute, pipes, drum, harp, vinlandian warhorn and synthesizer for additional effect.

A Priestess wishes to know from Their Majesties how many guests They had at Their wedding feast?

Lady Sigrdrífa, we had thirteen thousand guests at our wedding feast. It was quite the party!

A Priestess wishes to know from Their Majesties whether They had the First Dance at Their wedding feast?

My dear priestess, yes, we have the First Dance at our Wedding Feast. We danced to a song called "You and Me, Always Together", which had been composed especially for the occasion of our wedding by Lolle Jónsdóttir.

A Priestess wishes to know from Their Majesties whether a wall tapestry was made of the events of Their wedding?

Priestess Sigrdrífa, after our wedding Harald and I had ourselves made a very rich 1300 feet long wall tapestry which depicts our love story from the first time that we met at my father's castle in Vinland to our honeymoon in which we visited the all of the Twenty-Six Jarldoms. The tapestry naturally depicts several scenes from our wedding.

A Priestess wishes to know from Their Majesties where the wall tapestry of Their love story is hanging?

Lady Sigrdrífa, the wall tapestry of our love story is hanging in the Hall of Hundred Hearths of the Vanadísarhall.