Sign in to follow this  
Astrid

A Stained Glass Window of Your Wedding

weddingstainedglasswind.jpg

High Queen Sigrid,

May I present you with this gift? It is a stained glass window with depicting a scene from your wedding.

Why is she happy when Harald looks sad?

I wasn't sad, only very nervous for I was to marry the most wonderful Lady Mortal on Micras. What you see is my attempt to hide my nervousness behind a pokerface.

I failed epically, didn't I? ;)

I wasn't sad, only very nervous for I was to marry the most wonderful Lady Mortal on Micras. What you see is my attempt to hide my nervousness behind a pokerface.

I failed epically, didn't I? ;)

Let's just say that your pokerface requires a bit more of work. ;)

weddingstainedglasswind.jpg

High Queen Sigrid,

May I present you with this gift? It is a stained glass window with depicting a scene from your wedding.

I love it! Thank you very much, Lady Astrid!

I love it! Thank you very much, Lady Astrid!

You're very welcome, Your Majesty! How have you been?

A Priestess wishes to know from Their Majesties what events Their wedding feast included?

Lady Sigrdrífa,

Our wedding feast included a thirteen course meal, dancing, speeches, a knife-throwing contest, jousting, a singing contest for skalds, and fireworks. It was quite a lot of fun!

I love the interesting anachronism of having a modern constitutional monarchy having the political culture of 12th century Medieval Romances! :lol:

I love the interesting anachronism of having a modern constitutional monarchy having the political culture of 12th century Medieval Romances! :lol:

Lo, Your Excellency!

The mix of modernity and ancientness that Stormark is, is what makes this country so interesting and fun! :loveit:

Your Excellency,

We have such amusing anachronisms a plenty in Stormark. Did you, for example, know that Trial by Battle is a recognized method of alternative dispute resolution in civil law suits? :viking4:

A Priestess wishes to know from Their Majesties whether They drank from the same cup during Their wedding feast?

Priestess Sigrdrífa, we indeed shared a cup during our wedding feast. It was a golden chalice three feet tall, with two ornate curved handles and adorned with ancient Viking patterns and the coats of arms of the twenty-six Jarldoms of Stormark. The chalice was a wedding gift from my father Jarl Magnus Gunnarson, who is a wealthy and powerful Vinlandish royal chieftain.

Yes, as do I.

A Priestess is of the same mind!