The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Unna

[Gulathing] Petition No. 1 of Year 11

The Gulathing is now in session. The Court shall sit as Court of Session. On the agenda is the Hearing concerning the petition filed by Kaspar Soleymân Ermo-ra-Araezelion. Royal Chieftainess Unna of Skálavik of the House of Vanadís, Bloodroyal and Jarla of Freyja's Necklace shall preside over this Hearing.

The Court hereby invites Kaspar Soleymân Ermo-ra-Araezelion to make his opening statement concerning this matter.

Your Ladyship, I refer this Court to my initial petition. My claim to be deemed a Patrician of the High Realm is, I believe, strong. I am a naturalized citizen of peerage in the Kingdom of Sangun, Riskai and the Idunn Isles, and even if the Treaty of Idunnsborg has only been in effect since a few days ago, the Treaty before that (the one that Idunnsborg repealed) had the same arrangement for citizens of the Kingdom of Sangun, Riskai and the Idunn Isles.

If the Court requests more evidence on the matter, or should the Respondent in any way object to my petition, I shall submit more evidence and as a consequence of that I may request witnesses. Should the Respondent agree to this claim of mine, then I request default judgment.

Thank you *bows*

The Court will now proceed to inviting the legal representative of the High Realm of Stormark, the Lady Warden of Law and Justice to hear the opinion of the High Council of the Realm.

armsgulathing.png

"Hjarta Hjartalands."

Invitation to Convey Opinion

The Gulathing hereby invites Her Royal Highness Lady Astrid Sólareyjarsdóttir of the House of Vanadís,

Bloodroyal and Jarla of the Rose Cape, Lady Warden of Law and Justice to convey the opinion of the High Council of the Realm in the Civil Law Suit launched by Petition No. 1 of Year 11 which was filed by Kaspar Soleymân Ermo-ra-Araezelion.

Given at Haldarsvik Hall this 23rd day of Noatun, in the Eleventh Year of the Second Viking Age.

Signed,

unnasig.png

Royal Chieftainess Unna of Skálavík of the House of Vanadís,

Bloodroyal and Jarla of the Sólareyjar,

Forseti of the Gulathing.

Your Ladyship,

Your Invitation has been noted. The High Council of the Realm will discuss this matter and I will convey its opinion as soon as possible.

The Gulathing hereby thanks the Lady Warden of Law and Justice for noting the Court's invitation.

Your Ladyship,

I hereby advise the Gulathing that the High Council of the Realm deems Kaspar Soleymân Ermo-ra-Araezelion in good standing with the High Realm.

The Gulathing hereby thanks the Lady Warden of Law and Justice for conveying the opinion of the High Council of the Realm. However, in order to comply with the provisions of the Naturalzation Act of Year 11, the Court requests the High Council of the Realm to put its opinion concerning the standing of Kaspar Soleymân Ermo-ra-Araezelion into the form of an Order in Council as well as to do the things required by the Naturalzation Act of Year 11 for the Petitioner to be recognized as a Patrician of Stormark.

Your Ladyship,

The High Council of the Realm will make arrangements accordingly.

Your Ladyship,

I hereby provide the Gulathing with Order in Council #191 in which the High Council of the Realm has put its opinion concerning the standing with the High Realm of Kaspar Soleymân Ermo-ra-Araezelion as well as exempted him from Article 2 of the Naturalzation Act of Year 11 which prohibits multiple citizenships.

The Gulathing hereby thanks the Lady Warden of Law and Justice for providing the Order in Council.

The Gulathing hereby asks whether Kaspar Soleymân Ermo-ra-Araezelion would like to make a final statement concerning this matter before the Court retreats to chambers to consider the facts and arguments presented to this Court in order to render a judgement.

Your Ladyship,

I shall thank the High Council for its work as soon as I leave this building. For now, a friendly smiling nod will do.

I have nothing to add, your Ladyship.

Edited by Kaspar

The Gulathing is satisfied with your statement and will now retreat to chambers to consider the facts and arguments presented to this Court in order to render a judgement.

armsgulathing.png

"Hjarta Hjartalands."

By the Court of Session of the Gulathing in the Eleventh Year of the Second Viking Age

In the name of His Imperial and Royal Majesty,

The High King.

A Judgement

The Petitioner

On the Eleventh Day of the Month Noatun in the Eleventh Year of the Second Viking Age in the Second Epoch of the High Realm a Petition was filed with the Gulathing by the Esteemed Gentleman known as Kaspar Soleymân Ermo-ra-Araezelion. The said Petition was registered by the Gulathing as

Petition No. 1 of Year 11.

The Respondent

The High Realm of Stormark, represented by Her Royal Highness Lady Astrid Sólareyjarsdóttir of the House of Vanadís, Bloodroyal and Jarla of the Rose Cape, Lady Warden of Law and Justice.

Statement of the Case

In the said Petition the Esteemed Gentleman requested the Gulathing to:

1. be recognized as an Associated Patrician of the High Realm of Stormark with all rights and obligations pertaining to Patricians of the High Realm of Stormark;

2. be granted the estate of the late Prince Daniel Goodheart of Nidaros-Volsdame in the High Realm of Stormark.

Having read, heard and considered the evidence the Gulating finds that the Esteemed Gentleman known as Kaspar Soleymân Ermo-ra-Araezelion is a citizen of the Empire of Greater Sangun, the legal successor to the Kingdom of Sangun, Riskai and the Idunn Isles, in good standing with the High Realm of Stormark, and that the said Esteemed Gentleman has been exempted by the High Council of the Realm from the prohibition on multiple citizenships, which has been laid down in Article 2 of the Naturalization Act of Year 11, under Article 3 of the said Naturalization Act of Year 11, and may therefore be recognized as an Associated Patrician of the High Realm of Stormark with all rights and obligations pertaining to Patricians of the High Realm of Stormark.

The Gulathing has also established that the Esteemed Gentleman known as Kaspar Soleymân Ermo-ra-Araezelion is the sole legal heir of the late Prince Daniel Goodheart of Nidaros-Volsdame in the High Realm of Stormark.

For the foregoing reasons,

It is ordered by the Gulathing that the Petition that was filed with the Gulathing by the Esteemed Gentleman known as Kaspar Soleymân Ermo-ra-Araezelion on the Eleventh Day of the Month Noatun in the Eleventh Year of the Second Viking Age in the Second Epoch of the High Realm known as Petition No. 1 of Year 11 is granted.

unnasig.png

Royal Chieftainess Unna of Skálavík of the House of Vanadís,

Bloodroyal and Jarla of the Sólareyjar,

Forseti of the Gulathing.