The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Kaspar

The High King's motion re Batavian Throne (Proposal for amendment)

Lady Law Speaker,

Members of the Althing,

Given today's motion from His Imperial and Royal Majesty the High King of Stormark, I would like to propose to the legislature of Stormark that it be amended from a motion to a resolution and that the body of the new resolution would be revisited and amended, viz.:

[coat of arms]

RESOLUTION OF THE ALTHING

Haraldsborg, [date of passage]

RESOLUTION GRANTING THE HIGH KING HARALD THE RIGHT TO ACCEPT THE THRONE OF BATAVIA

The Althing, assembled in Haraldsborg from [today's date] to [date of passage], has resolved, following the request from His Imperial and Royal Majesty the High King of Stormark, to grant His Imperial and Royal Majesty the right to accept any offer from the Nationaal Beraad of Batavia that would make His Imperial and Royal Majesty Sovereign of Batavia.

The Althing resolves further that should such offer come for the Nationaal Beraad of Batavia and, indeed, should His Imperial and Royal Majesty accept such an offer, the position of His Imperial and Royal Majesty would not change as a result of his role as Sovereign of Batavia provided that the constitutional practices of the High Realm are followed.

The Althing resolves further that this grant is valid for a period of ninety days from [date of passage] and may only be rescinded by the Althing in the event that His Imperial and Royal Majesty has received an offer and yet not accepted it.

The Althing directs [name of neutral representative of the Althing] to produce a copy of this Resolution to the Nationaal Beraad of Batavia upon request from the said Nationaal Beraad or upon any offer from the same Nationaal Beraad

MAY THE LORDS AND LADIES DIVINE FOREVER BLESS OUR LORD MORTAL THE HIGH KING OF STORMARK!

On behalf of the Althing, the Lady Law Speaker testifies to this Resolution by her seal, done this [date] in Haraldsborg:

[seal of the Lady]

The Resolution is witnessed by the Lady High Justiciar and the Representative of the House of Ettlingar Freyu, Chloe stórjarla Bloodhelm by their respective seals, done this [date] in Haraldsborg:

[seal of High Justiciar] [seal of Lady Chloe]

Allow me to explain my reasoning behind this. Since this is an extremely important matter for the Althing, it would be fitting for the High King to receive the will of the Althing expressed in a resolution of it. Further, I believe that the body of the new resolution would be better worded if it's in this way. It would be attested by the Lady Law Speaker (Lady Aoife), the Lady High Justiciar (Lady Unna) and a representative of the House of Ettlingar Freyu. I chose Lady Chloe for this proposal as she is the most senior member of the order of succession who already does not attest to this resolution. I could have chosen Lady Sigrid as the High Queen consort, but she could perhaps in a sinister move be placed in doubt as I am sure that should the High King become King of Batavia, a title would also be awarded to his wife.

I humbly submit this proposal for amendment and grant any member of the Althing the right to put it before the Althing and for the Althing to amend my proposal for amendment as it sees best.

I remain yours,

Kaspar Ermo-ra-Araezelion

Haraldsborg.

Kaspar Ermo-ra-Araezelion,

Thank you for this proposed amendment. It is quite an inprovement indeed and I will submit it to the Althing.

Your Majesty,

Lady Law Speaker,

Given the result of the Batavian election (not the referendum), it would appear that the His Majesty received some 25 % of the votes while the opponent received some 75% of the votes. Not speaking Dutch myself, I am uncertain why an election for a post that a new constitution (that has yet to be ratified) establishes elections for...

And, if the High King failed in his bid to become king of Batavia, would the question of this resolution then be moot?

Given the result of the Batavian election (not the referendum), it would appear that the His Majesty received some 25 % of the votes while the opponent received some 75% of the votes. Not speaking Dutch myself, I am uncertain why an election for a post that a new constitution (that has yet to be ratified) establishes elections for...

Kaspar Ermo-ra-Araezelion,

There never was a vote. The person organizing the referendum has decided to insert himself into the constitution as King based on what people said in a certain thread. This, however, took place before King Arkadius, against whom people had certain objections, withdrew and the announcement of my candidacy which created a whole new situation. That said, I will vote for the new constitution to end the limbo Batavia currently is in.

And, if the High King failed in his bid to become king of Batavia, would the question of this resolution then be moot?

Not at all. Batavia's new kingship is not hereditary and the Nationaal Beraad can remove and appoint kings at will. It might prudent to exchange the period of time that I can accept the throne, just in case.

Your Majesty,

Since King Arkadius III gave up, you technically are the King of Batavia now, aren't you?

With all due respect father, you are not the King of the Batavians. The child that is growing inside me, is.

Harald would need to update his avatar. He needs to look more old and wise now!

This bonpapa wants to be forever young. :)