Sign in to follow this  
Sadamara Aptrgangr

King Harald's New Arms

My apologies for the delay, Cousin- last week proved rather more hectic than anticipated- but should you still wish to have a new quartered coat, I shall see what can be done!

Before I begin though, I will need a copy of your existing arms (preferably in the largest size available), so that I may size the new shield to fit the crown, supporters etc. Everything else I should already have so I should be able to start work on it tomorrow.

Royal Cousin,

I do still very much would like that new quartered coat of arms. Here is the largest size of the Imperial Arms of Stormark that I have at my disposal.

As promised, this is what I've come up with so far:

HaraldShield1.gif

I'm reasonably happy with the design, but rather less so with my execution of it; the thirteen hearts on the inescutcheon were especially problematic as thirteen is a difficult number to accommodate on a shield of that shape. I knew there was a reason I always try to avoid designs with semy or patterned fields!

I very much agree with you.

I think new Arms for the House of Ettligar Freyu should be adopted since the design is quite impractical. The current Arms was chosen more or less at a whim because someone asked me to come up with one. I myself am not too attached to it.

The New Arms is: Argent a Boar Sable surrounded by four Hearts Gules.

Here you can find the Boar I would like to be used and here you may find the heart I would like to be used.

Just a suggestion, but why not Argent a Boar Sable and in chief three Hearts fesswise Gules?

That would be fine with me.

Although a boar between four hearts would work on a squarish shield like this, it would be difficult to fit on a more traditionally-shaped one. Anyway, I shall aim to have something for you tomorrow...we can always try out several ideas and see which one works best. :)

I would also like to replace the current third quarter by these arms.

Your Majesty,

What does that quarter symbolise/represent?

Your Majesty,

What does that quarter symbolise/represent?

Lady Astrid,

That quarter represents one of my titles.

It's going to take me a little longer to adapt/redraw those arms for the third quarter, but I'll see what I can do.

Excellent. :)

Right then...

HaraldShield2.gif

I'm happy with the new quarter (which I had to 'redraw' it from scratch) and agree that a Cross Argent looks better. But the inescutcheon still doesn't look quite right to me. What about changing the field from argent to or?

But the inescutcheon still doesn't look quite right to me. What about changing the field from argent to or?

That would be fine with me.

I'm happy with the new quarter (which I had to 'redraw' it from scratch) and agree that a Cross Argent looks better.

Your Majesty,

Was drawing that per pale wavy hard?

What about giving the second quarter the same shade of blue as the first and fourth quarter? Or the per pale wavy colours of the third quarter?

Or the per pale wavy colours of the third quarter?

I like that idea. I would, however, prefer per pale wavy azure and vert for the field behind the mermaid.

Per pale wavy azure and vert? Okay, I shall see what I can do.

I have a relatively free day tomorrow so I'm hoping I can attend to the backlog of things awaiting my attention...

Excellent. :)