The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Astrid

Coat of Arms of Hålogarike

Jarl Ragnar,

What does the coat of arms of Hålogarike look like?

I have not had the opportunity to work on designing them, Your Grace. Is there anyone that would be able to assist me in this?

What about Gules a Skull Or on two Battle Axes saltirewise Or?

That's certainly possible, although I would suggest having the skull above rather than on the crossed-axes (as with a traditional skull and crossbones): Gules, a Skull above two Battleaxes saltirewise Or. But why the piratical theme for Halgorike?

That's certainly possible, although I would suggest having the skull above rather than on the crossed-axes (as with a traditional skull and crossbones): Gules, a Skull above two Battleaxes saltirewise Or.

That would look good too. :)

But why the piratical theme for Halgorike?

As I understood Hålogarike, known as Hålogaland before it became a part of Stormark, used to be quite a den of vice counting loads of pirates, reavers and warlords among its population.

Pirates from Hålogaland played an important role in the Old Tale. For example, High King Harald, at that that time known as Jarl Harald, paid pirates from Hålogaland to harrass the coastal areas of lands in the north of the Heartland controlled by his archnemesis Ivar the Impaler. Later after his coronation as High King of Stormark, he conquered Hålogaland, which was subsequently renamed Hålogarike, to put an end to pirate raids and eliminate the threat of an invasion by former Heartland petty kings and tribal chiefs as well as other malcontents.

Ouch.

I do apologise; this completely skipped my mind! I'm going to be away this weekend and tomorrow is likely to be busy as well, but if I have time I shall draw something up for you. If not, I will make it a priority when I return.

Sorry about that...