The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Daniel

Decree establishing the Institute for the Languages of the Island and of the Realm

humlebkislandarms2.png

DEKRET OM OPRETTELSE AF INSTITUT FOR ØENS OG RIGETS TUNGEMÅL

Til minde om Hendes Majestæt Kelde, Humlebæks Dronning, der, et hundrede og nitten år seden, grundlagde Akademiet på denne Ø, så børn af denne Ø blive uddannet, blive kloge og blive lærde,

DANIEL, BLODPRINS, HUMLEBÆKS Ø DRAGEJARL, GREVE SHISHIN, ARVING TIL TÅRBÆK OG KONGELIG JARL I SOLØERNE, sender hilsen og lovgiver:

I. Dette dekret er forfattet på engelsk. Den engelske tekst gælder som lov.

II.This Decree may also be cited as the Decree establishing the Institute for the Languages of the Island and of the Realm.

III. (1) Established hereby is Institut for Øens og Rigets Tungemål ("the Institute").

III. (2) When necessary, the Institute may employ translations of the name to other languages. The translations in III:3 are the official ones, but the Institute may, on its own accord, translate the name of the Institute to other languages.

III. (3) In English, the name of the Institute is The Institute for the Languages of the Island and of the Realm. In French, the name of the Institute is L'Institut pour les langues d'Île et du Royaume. In Swedish, the name of the Institute is Institutet för öns och rikets tungomål. In Norwegian the name is, when written in the Nynorsk standard, Instituttet for tungemåli på øya og i riket and, when written in the Bokmål standard, Instituttet for øyas og rikets tungemål. The name of the Institute in Faroese is Fróðskaparsetur um tungumálini oyggjar og ríkis.

IV. (1) The Institute answers to the Jarl of the Island and shall cooperate with The Academy in all matters of research. The Institute may cooperate with other educational establishments, scholars and learned societies in the Realm and worldwide.

IV. (2) Members of the Institute are appointed by the Jarl in conjunction with the advice from The Academy.

V. The aims of the Institute shall be to:

1. standardize the toponymical orthography of the Island by taking to account the dialects of the island,

2. promote the dialects of the Island, while maintaining a standardized orthography for the Island's language,

3. standardize the toponymy of the Realm in the Island's language by taking to account the different linguistic traditions of the Realm,

4. standardize the toponymy of the World in the Island's language,

5. study the linguistic traditions of the Island and of the Realm,

6. assist in questions from the public on matters of Island and Realm language and language use, and to

7. promote the languages of the Island and the Realm within the Island and the Realm, and while promoting them, emphasize their purity and their own traditions.

VI. Notwithstanding any provision in V, the Institute may undertake any area of linguistic study not included in V as long as the provisions of V are prioritized over any other undertaking.

VII. The Jarl reserves the right to issue by-laws under this Decree addressed to the Institute, directing the Institute to undertake something.

VIII. The Jarl reserves the right to amend this Decree in any way he sees fit.

Udfærdiget i Tårbæks Palæ den anden i Vidilands måned, i det ellevte år af den anden vikingealder.

GUD BEVARE HUMLEBÆKS FOLK!

Daniel.