The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Galinn Karisson

'Ello, 'Ello

Greetings to all!

Yes, it is I, Jarl Galinn. Alas, I did not fall off the map, merely got busy beyond belief. I wanted to say that I am well, and nothing happened to me. I have now returned once again, and will to serve Stormark in whatever what I can.

It's good to be back. :)

Thank you all for you kind welcome! :D

I'm glad to see that everyone here is doing well, especially my dearly beloved wife. :wub:

If I may ask quickly, what have I missed? And is there anything I need to do to get my affairs in order?

Galinn! What you missed, heh? Well, for one Lady Unna took on the role of acting high justiciar, and then she got elected to the poz! She'd doing a good job! But we need some manly guidance there in the council! Currently, it's only me who's a man there among the councillors :P

What else? You've been gone for how long? Remind me :D

I have seen that indeed! I am very happy that Lady Unna was able to take my place, she is a most able administrator and legislator. And I believe government should always be refreshed, to provide new ideas and new vigor, which seems to be plainly so.

What of our foreign position, and any new internal innovations I must be aware of?

Also, is there anything I need to do in terms of the Althing and other government institutions?

Nothing new in the Althing (I think)... nothing constitutionally radical either. We just do our normal things :)

Foreign affairs... well, there was this ****** controversy. Luckily that's all gone away now. Started off with Storwiki having some... uh... le'ts say "un-PC" texts and images. Hehe. That's been PC'd now thankfully.

Galinn! What you missed, heh? Well, for one Lady Unna took on the role of acting high justiciar, and then she got elected to the poz! She'd doing a good job! But we need some manly guidance there in the council! Currently, it's only me who's a man there among the councillors :P

What else? You've been gone for how long? Remind me :D

I was the acting High Justiciar in my the capacity of Lady Warden of the Inland, the senior Warden of Council. :)

Greetings to all!

Yes, it is I, Jarl Galinn. Alas, I did not fall off the map, merely got busy beyond belief. I wanted to say that I am well, and nothing happened to me. I have now returned once again, and will to serve Stormark in whatever what I can.

It's good to be back. :)

Glad to see you are back. How is Law School?

Thank you all, again. Actually, I am not in law school at the moment. I've decided to take a year or so off to get some experience and decide more precisely what I want to do in the future.

I understand. I'm kind of going through that right now. Law Schools, well at least the prestigious ones that will get you a job, are extremely expensive; and the legal industry has really gutted its entry and middle positions due to automation- so the job opportunities are poor and the debt is high, which does not make for a very attractive career. For example, I had a good friend who was one of the top students at Georgetown Law and he couldn't find a non-temp job here in DC, so he has returned to South Carolina to take care of the family business. So it's kind of a frustrating job market right now- even for law school grads, and will probably be for the forseeable future, which is a real shame.

Glad to see you back though- I always enjoyed chatting with you.

That is all absolutely true. And, honestly, I'm not totally mad at it (though I would love a job) because it has given me time to think and to explore other options which may be more worthwhile. I can't tell anyone where I will end up, admittedly, but having breathing space is probably not a bad thing in this economy.