The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
High King Harald

Traditional Districts of the Jarldom of Frigga Island

Beloved Patricians and Friends,

After doing some research in some private archives I have found a couple of names for Traditional Districts of Frigga Island.

The names are:

• Kryvingar;
  • Alsinterga;
  • Thaneka.

Where do these names come from and what do they mean?

Do you remember the State Committee on Geography and Place Names also known as the Geocom. That is where I found those names. A member of the Geocom, Sir Gudhsten Patreksson, came up with them when he was working on Frigga Island, of which he was the Thane at the time. He had made a proposal in which Frigga Island was to be subdivided into three territorial Earldoms:

• The Earldom of Kryvingar;
  • The Earldom of Alsinterga;
  • The Earldom of Thaneka.

The meaning of the names of those Earldoms is, very unfortunatly, lost to time.

Your majesty!! Sorry for stepping in to this thread that is yeaaaaaars old but I would very much like to know which parts of the island these disrricrs lie?? I already found the map of the island in the benches forum :winkiss:

Your majesty!! Sorry for stepping in to this thread that is yeaaaaaars old but I would very much like to know which parts of the island these disrricrs lie?? I already found the map of the island in the benches forum :winkiss:

friggapz6.png

Lady Valborg,

I'm most happy to provide you with the answer to your question. :)

The Traditional District of Kryvingar covers the western part of Frigga Island, and in this Traditional District the capital of Frigga Island, the Royal City of Fensalir, is situated.

The Traditional District of Alsinterga covers the eastern part of Frigga Island, and in this Traditional District is located the City of St. Lucy.

The Traditional District of Thaneka covers the southern part of Frigga Island, and in this Traditional District lies the City of Friggerock.

I already found the map of the island in the benches forum :winkiss:

How am I pleased that you already found your way to your future home in Stormark, Lady Valborg! :)

Thank you Your majesty and Lady unna! :clap:

I have one question moaaar! So we have a lot of land i see but how are they located in relation to one and an other? Is there a world map or sumthing lika that? There are other countries tooo... and they may maybe have maps of their own places........ or.... am i completely in the blue here?

Thank you Your majesty and Lady unna! :clap:

You're welcome, Lady Valborg. :)

I have one question moaaar! So we have a lot of land i see but how are they located in relation to one and an other? Is there a world map or sumthing lika that? There are other countries tooo... and they may maybe have maps of their own places........ or.... am i completely in the blue here?

You are correct and the map below will provide below will provide with the answers you look for.

Map of Micras.

oh lol! I am in the southern hemisphere!! I had no idea!! lol this is great :D So now it will soon be spring here lol. I will move in to a nice little fishers village in Thaneka! :D

I shall name the Village "Friggjarstjarna". The wikipedia article (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frigg#Attributes) say that is the name of the planet Venus....

It makes me live in both the morning star and the evening star!!! PARTY! :cheers2::party:

Lady Valborg,

The name of Friggjarstjarna that you have picked for the fishing village is very appropriate, and fits in perfectly with the names of other places on Frigga Island such as the City of Friggerock. Well done!! :)

oh lol! I am in the southern hemisphere!! I had no idea!! lol this is great :D So now it will soon be spring here lol. I will move in to a nice little fishers village in Thaneka! :D

I shall name the Village "Friggjarstjarna". The wikipedia article (https://en.wikipedia...rigg#Attributes) say that is the name of the planet Venus....

How am I pleased that you are making yourself at home in Stormark so very quickly, Lady Valborg! :clap:

It makes me live in both the morning star and the evening star!!! PARTY! :cheers2::party:

For a certainty! :party:

Thank you Your majesty and Lady Unna!!! You are both very kind to me, a newb here in Stormark.... but with some luck and patience from both you and me I will make you proud!!!! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: