The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
High King Harald

"Princess Mette-Marit of Norway is spoiled"

A prominent Swedish commentator slightly poisoned the air after Crown Princess Mette-Marit opted to stay home while the rest of the royal family traveled to Sweden for an official visit.

While the Swedish and Norwegian crown families joined to open a attend a series of cultural and gala events, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, who is pregnant, was advised to remain home due to low blood pressure.

Swedish commentator Linda Skugge at newspaper Expressen called the crown princess "spoiled" in her web log, newspaper VG reports.

"I'd like to meet the doctor who thinks low blood pressure is a problem during pregnancy ... I don't believe for a minute that the princess has been forbidden to travel," Skugge wrote.

Several physicians told VG that low blood pressure could be a problem.

"And a pregnant woman should be allowed to take care of herself, even if she is a public person," divisional medical director Leif Svenningsen at Ullevål University Hospital maternity ward told VG.

Expressen Nya Medier editor-in-chief Thomas Mattson told VG that he did not know of any complaints after Skugge's remarks, and said that she was extremely well-known and popular, and was allowed to express things in a personal and perhaps provocative style.

"I'd like to meet the doctor who thinks low blood pressure is a problem during pregnancy ... I don't believe for a minute that the princess has been forbidden to travel," Skugge wrote.

A clear example of someone who doesn't know what she talking about. bonk.gif

Several physicians told VG that low blood pressure could be a problem.

"And a pregnant woman should be allowed to take care of herself, even if she is a public person," divisional medical director Leif Svenningsen at Ullevål University Hospital maternity ward told VG.

He hits the nail on the head! thumbsup.gif

Good Evening To You, My Gentle Friends,

Oh Please!!! . . .

I am not the slightest bit interested in how popular this journalist is, or how provocatively she is allowed to express herself . . .

A pregnant woman who has ANY health issues should be allowed to make the decision to protect her health and that of her unborn child . . .

It is not being "spoiled" to do that . . .

These tours and state visits can be very difficult to travel under . . . they are trying situations which require long hours, many changes of clothing, total composure under - shall we say, politely - less than desirable circumstances . . .

So, when a lady is in a - shall we say, politely - "delicate condition", it is just common sense to take care of oneself in every possible way . . .

Have an absolutely splendiferous evening . . . forthwith . . .