The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Astrid

Titles of the Jarl of Frostarike

What are the titles of the Jarl of Frostarike?

Lady Astrid,

My title(s), as far as I know, is His Royal Highness Princess Bjarngeir Thorkellson of the House of Nidaros-Volsdame, and Jarl of Frostarike.

A few years ago I was also appointed Kapteinloynant in His Majesty's Imperial Navy. Rather or not there are more titles attatched to the Jarldom that now belong to me as well I am unsure of, but I'm sure his Majesty could answer this :).

His Royal Highness Princess Bjarngeir Thorkellson of the House of Nidaros-Volsdame, and Jarl of Frostarike.

Princess?

J/K ;)

There indeed are a couple of titles attached to the office of Jarl of Frostarike.

Prince Bjarngeir's full titles therefore are: His Royal Highness Prince Bjarngeir Thorkellson of the House of Nidaros-Volsdame, Jarl of Frostarike, Lord of the Warrior Jarldom, Lord of the Frostajarls, Lord Paramount of the Frosta Isles, the Frostalands, Cape Drakkar, Etinhof, the Hammer, and the Sickle.

Your Majesty,

The title of Lord of the Warrior Jarldom refers to the official nickname of the Jarldom of Frostarike?

Your Majesty,

The title of Lord of the Warrior Jarldom refers to the official nickname of the Jarldom of Frostarike?

Lady Astrid,

That is indeed correct.

Your Majesty,

What are the Frostajarls?

Your Majesty,

Where does the title of Lord Paramount of the Frosta Isles, the Frostalands, Cape Drakkar, Etinhof, the Hammer, and the Sickle refer to?

Your Majesty,

Where does the title of Lord Paramount of the Frosta Isles, the Frostalands, Cape Drakkar, Etinhof, the Hammer, and the Sickle refer to?

Lady Astrid,

That title refers to the Traditional Districts of the Jarldom of Frostarike.

Your Majesty,

Do all the Jarls of the High Realm have got additional titles?

Your Majesty,

Do all the Jarls of the High Realm have got additional titles?

Lady Astrid,

Yes, they do.

Shouldn't Lord of Sverðhǫll be added to the titles of the Jarl of Frostarike?

The above suggestion by Lady Sigrdrífa will be implemented.

The title Lord of Sverðhǫll has been added to the titles attached to the office of Jarl of Frostarike.

Prince Bjarngeir's full titles therefore are: His Royal Highness Prince Bjarngeir Thorkellson of the House of Nidaros-Volsdame, Jarl of Frostarike, Lord of the Warrior Jarldom, Lord of the Frostajarls, Lord of Sverðhǫll, Lord Paramount of the Frosta Isles, the Frostalands, Cape Drakkar, Etinhof, the Hammer, and the Sickle.

If I may interject, I believe the additional title of "Law Speaker of the Frostathing" should be included :P

If I may interject, I believe the additional title of "Law Speaker of the Frostathing" should be included :P

Why would that be?

The Frostathing was decided, when the heartland jarldoms were renamed, to be the Frostarike assembly or court of justice. Can't rememebr which :P

The Frostathing was decided, when the heartland jarldoms were renamed, to be the Frostarike assembly or court of justice.

Ah!

Can't rememebr which :P

It might be both since in the First Viking Age those functions were usually vested in a single thing.

Certainly!!

It might be both since in the First Viking Age those functions were usually vested in a single thing.

Indeed.

The title Law Speaker of the Frostathing has been added to the titles attached to the office of Jarl of Frostarike.

Prince Bjarngeir's full titles therefore are: His Royal Highness Prince Bjarngeir Thorkellson of the House of Nidaros-Volsdame, Jarl of Frostarike, Lord of the Warrior Jarldom, Lord of the Frostajarls, Law Speaker of the Frostathing, Lord of Sverðhǫll, Lord Paramount of the Frosta Isles, the Frostalands, Cape Drakkar, Etinhof, the Hammer, and the Sickle.

Prince Bjarngeir's full titles therefore are: His Royal Highness Prince Bjarngeir Thorkellson of the House of Nidaros-Volsdame, Jarl of Frostarike, Lord of the Warrior Jarldom, Lord of the Frostajarls, Law Speaker of the Frostathing, Lord of Sverðhǫll, Lord Paramount of the Frosta Isles, the Frostalands, Cape Drakkar, Etinhof, the Hammer, and the Sickle.

Prince Bjarngeir,

How do you like your titles?