The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Einhorn

Sorry

Sorry that I've been so inactive here. I've been dealing with the onslaught of coastal wintertime. Our gas pipes have frozen (water in the methane gas lines here) so I have no heating or hot water. Some pipes have been ruined and I've been spending what little money I have and re-plumbing damn my entire gas system. Meanwhile I am using kerosene heaters lol. Been eating out a lot too because my stove is gas XD.

Nah, water in the lines is a problem out of my control. I get my gas from a well and ground water seepage is a big problem. All I can do is re-plumb and hope for the best! I may put in silica gel compartments along the line to maybe dry it out more. It's taken me 2 weeks because I've had to redo all of the gas plumbing all the way out to the well head itself. It isn't really time consuming labour, but local laws require me to get regular inspections along the way. And inspectors can't always be there right away or even on the same day for that matter.

Public Service Department gas is dry as a bone, but I can't afford 4,000 a year to heat my home, heat water and run my stove. By allowing a well on my property I've managed to get free gas, but it's really low quality.

Public Service Department gas is dry as a bone, but I can't afford 4,000 a year to heat my home, heat water and run my stove. By allowing a well on my property I've managed to get free gas, but it's really low quality.

That is ridiculously expensive indeed!

Ja that is way to much. Which is sad because quite a few universities have developed viable and economic Coal To Gas technologies *shrug*

Ja, it's heavily taxed because it is technically a petroleum product and is usually imported into the state because there are very few remaining gas wells left here. I live not 2 miles from an Oil Refinery so petroleum production is a big issue here.

Ja, although I technically don't own it. A local petroleum company does and they let me take off of it. Naturally they pipe the rest of the gas to themselves, dry it and sell it to the PSD. The difference is is that I get raw gas which is pretty high in sulfur and always pretty humid.

Oh sure, this last winter I was without power for a week. I just use them to keep the fridge and laundry going. I'll run the TV if I am not doing laundry though.

Oh sure, this last winter I was without power for a week. I just use them to keep the fridge and laundry going. I'll run the TV if I am not doing laundry though.

What impact did that power outage have on life in your neighbourhood?

I'll be honest, last winter brought about Mad Max times in my neighborhood. 3 feet of snow every week and then now power? It became mildly lawless until some state troopers rolled in in SUVs then it stopped. Red Cross brought in fuel and stuff, it was a really insane winter.

I have an FN-FAL and a 12 gauge lol. People knew it so my door wasn't knocked on unless I knew them.

Náin,

Are your issues with your gas pipes over now?