The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
High King Harald

Question for Maggern

Maggern,

How do you say "With the Sweet Love of Freyja" in Norwegian? And is that phrase different in Bokmål and Nynorsk? ‬

The aforementioned phrase is the motto of the House of Ettlingar Freyu, the Imperial House of Stormark.

Maggern,

How do you say "With the Sweet Love of Freyja" in Norwegian? And is that phrase different in Bokmål and Nynorsk? ‬

The aforementioned phrase is the motto of the House of Ettlingar Freyu, the Imperial House of Stormark.

Hm, "Med Frøyas søte kjærlighet" would be a literal, though weird, translation into Bokmål, however the best one I can give with that task. Some context woud give it more meaning, as Norwegian is a very fluent language (in that the flow and structure of the sentence has much influence on how you use the words and in which forms you use them, I'm sure the Danes are the reason of that). In Nynorsk I think it would be "Med Frøya sin søte kjærleik" or something like that...I hate Nynorsk....

PS: I apologize for my weird English at times. I only have sporadic pratice for the time being, which is when I go on vacation. I haven't had an English class in six years.

Hm, "Med Frøyas søte kjærlighet" would be a literal, though weird, translation into Bokmål, however the best one I can give with that task. Some context woud give it more meaning, as Norwegian is a very fluent language (in that the flow and structure of the sentence has much influence on how you use the words and in which forms you use them, I'm sure the Danes are the reason of that). In Nynorsk I think it would be "Med Frøya sin søte kjærleik" or something like that...I hate Nynorsk....

Ah, I see. I will pick another phrase then.

What would be a good fluent translation into Bokmål of the phrase "Freyja is our warmth in the cold".

PS: I apologize for my weird English at times. I only have sporadic pratice for the time being, which is when I go on vacation. I haven't had an English class in six years.

I fully understand since English is not my mother tongue either. So there is no problem at all. :)

What would be a good fluent translation into Bokmål of the phrase "Freyja is our warmth in the cold".

Ah, now that works perfectly in Norwegian. "Frøya (or Freyja) er vår varme i kulden" in Bokmål, the Nynorsk version would be quite similar "Frøya er varmen vår i kulda". Hope it helps.

I fully understand since English is not my mother tongue either. So there is no problem at all. :)

I'm grateful for your understanding.

Ah, now that works perfectly in Norwegian. "Frøya (or Freyja) er vår varme i kulden" in Bokmål, the Nynorsk version would be quite similar "Frøya er varmen vår i kulda". Hope it helps.

Yes, it does. Thank you very much. :)

I'm grateful for your understanding.

You're welcome. :)

Sign in to follow this