The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Aoife the Celt

Althingi Seat Notification Thread

Lady Law Speaker,

As Jarl of Humlebæk, I, Daniel Goodheart of Nidaros-Volsdame, claim my seat in the Althing.

Jarl Daniel,

I, Lady Aoife the Celt, Law Speaker of the Althing, hereby officially note your assumption of a seat in the Althing.

Lady Law Speaker,

In accordance with Article IV of the Sangun and Riskai-Stormark Treaty of Free Association, I, Sadamara Aptrgangr of the House of Hesthjem, King of Sangun, Riskai and the Idunn Isles, do assert my right to a seat in the Althing as Jarl of the Idunn Isles.

Lady Law Speaker,

I, Sadamara Aptrgangr of the House of Hesthjem, King of Sangun, Riskai and the Idunn Isles, wish to temporarily renounce my right to sit in the Althing as Jarl of the Idunn Isles. I intend to resume my seat next week.

Your Majesty,

It has been duly noted. Is there any particular reason why you wish to temporarily renounce your right to sit in the Althing as Jarl of the Idunn Isles?

Thank you, Lady Law Speaker.

I have serious concerns about the implications of the legal formula adopted in the Act on Chloe of Ettlingar Freyu Bill and was unable to voice those concerns because a vote had been called (and was actually in progress) before I had even read the final version. In the circumstances, I decided it would not be fair to call for a deferral and I was also concerned that to vote against or even abstain might suggest a lack of confidence in Lady Chloe, which is not the case. However, I cannot vote for a measure whose wording, I feel, poses certain question that I am not in a hurry to answer and for that reason, I felt it best to temporarily remove myself from the Althing.

In effect, I am doing what Belgium's King Baudouin did when required to give the Royal Assent to a bill liberalising the abortion laws...

Lady Law Speaker,

As Jarl of Halogarike, I, Ragnar Brunnketillsson of Nidaros-Volsdame, claim my seat in the Althing.

Name: Chloe Bloodhelm

House: The House of Ettlingar Freyu

Reason for Seat Eligibility: I'm the Jarla of Port Chloe and the Providence Plantations

Jarla Sigrdrífa,

I, Lady Aoife the Celt, Law Speaker of the Althing, hereby officially note your assumption of a seat in the Althing.

Jarla Amelda,

All of me, Lady Aoife the Celt, Law Speaker of the Althing, hereby officially notes your assumption of a seat in the Althing.