The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Vilhelm Estridson Knytling

Membership enquiry

Greetings members of the House Vanadís.

I recently returned to Stormark and upon signing in to the Quarterly census and found that, along with many other changes to the nation, Houses now exist and that I should get membership in one of them.

I read over the Principles of many of the Houses and I can find no fault with those of this House. However, on reviewing the membership of the various Houses, I find that this is actually one of the most populous. What is your opinion on this matter? Should I join the House of Vanadís? Or would another House, which has a lack of members, be a better place to go?

Vilhelm Estridson Knytling,

I would be delighted to have such a fun person like you as member of the House of Vanadís and I think this House would indeed be the place for you. Welcome to the House of Vanadís! :)

I read over the Principles of many of the Houses and I can find no fault with those of this House. However, on reviewing the membership of the various Houses, I find that this is actually one of the most populous. What is your opinion on this matter? Should I join the House of Vanadís? Or would another House, which has a lack of members, be a better place to go?

Join us! :thumbsup:

Join us! :thumbsup:

I second that motion!

Join the House of Vanadís, Vilhelm!

I have plans to merge my House Minor, the House of Mardoll, into the House of Vanadís. That way the House of Vanadís could apply for Major House status.

I'm also of the opinion that Vilhelm, when being a member of the House of Vanadís, should be granted a Jarldom of his own.

I'm also of the opinion that Vilhelm, when being a member of the House of Vanadís, should be granted a Jarldom of his own.

Which Jarldom would you like to be granted?

I would be most happy to, with the consent of the High Council of the Realm, grant Vilhelm a Jarlship and to promote the House of Vanadís to Major House status.

It would be awesome to be granted my own jarldom!! Thank you very much. :worshippy:

You are very welcome. :)

Which Jarldoms are availible at the moment?

The list below is a list of available Jarldoms.

• Jarldom of Frostathing;
  • Jarldom of Eidsivathing;
  • Jarldom of Borgarthing;
  • Jarldom of Frigga Island;
  • Jarldom of the Haldarsvik Islands;
  • Jarldom of the Idunn Isles;
  • Jarldom of Hålogathing;
  • Duchy of Port Chloe;
  • Viceroyalty of Vinland;
  • Duchy of Normandie;
  • Duchy of Gascony;
  • Jarldom of Old Gaol Isle;
  • Viceroyalty of High Queen Hervör Isle;
  • Jarldom of Humlebæk Island;
  • Viceroyalty of the High Queen Asa Isles;
  • Jarldom of Snæland;
  • Viceroyalty of the Mysterious Isles.

Having surveyed the list I would most like to be made Jarl of Borgarthing, because this is the region I chose to place Rauðbjörn's home in his saga.

Borgarthing it will be then. I will put a proposed Order in Council before the High Council of the Realm shortly.

What was for you the reason to pick the Borgarthing as Rauðbjörn's "home region" in his saga?

What was for you the reason to pick the Borgarthing as Rauðbjörn's "home region" in his saga?

I chose Borgarthing because of the particulars of its geographic shape. In the far south of that Jarldom, there is a peculiar land formation whereby the land sticks out like the shaft of a spear. In the first chapter of the saga I cited this as the place where Rauðbjörn lived and fought, and said that it was called "Atgeirr", which was a Norse word for a pole-arm weapon. My intention was to characterise Rauðbjörn through his environment- even his home is a spear, war is his nature and you can expect a lot of fighting in this saga. :bangin:

Speaking of which, I will finish the next volume soon and it does involve some fighting!!

Lady Gudrun and Jarl Vilhelm,

Congratulations and welcome to the House of Vanadís!

Speaking of which, I will finish the next volume soon and it does involve some fighting!!

I'm looking forward to reading the next volume of Rauðbjörn's Saga. :)