The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Björn Ironfist

Seeking of Imperial & Royal & Fatherly Blessing

Your Most Imperial And Royal Majesty,

I come to you as one who is most humbled by your magnificent presence. I am also dumbstruck and forlorn, as I have hopelessly fallen in love with your enchanting daughter, Æsileif. While I know that you and she have personal matters to work through, it cannot be ignored that you are her father; and as such, I am bound not only by tradition, but by my respect for you, to seek your blessing in my pursuit of your daughter's heart.

There are, no doubt, more noble and powerful and wealthy suitors who would have the gorgeous Æsileif as their own. While I cannot promise a fortune, or the gaining of titles and land, what I CAN promise is a life full of love, compassion, understanding, and reliance. Your fair daughter would be safer with me than with any other man alive - for I would allow no harm to befall her so long as I have blood in my veins and breath in my lungs.

As is tradition among the Viking peoples, I hereby name the Earl of Leirvik as my Advocate. He will work with whomever you appoint, to present my mundr and morgengifu as the time for those approach. For now, however, I eagerly seek your blessing to court your daughter. Should she accept me as a suitor, then we may proceed with the negotiations.

I remain Your humble and devoted servant,

Björn Ironfist,

The only thing I wish for my Beloved Daughter is her to be happy and all the money of the world cannot buy matrimonial happiness. I hold you in high regard and consider you as one few persons who can make her truly happy. You have my sincere blessing to court my Beloved Daughter and wish you the best of luck.

May the Divine Ladies Freyja, Frigga and Idunn smile on your courtship!!

Are you out of your mind? :bonk:

Don't you know what happened to the last couple of guys who tried to court her? Courting Æsileif is even more dangerous than buying Sigrid the Proud a cheap ring! :(

Don't you know what happened to the last couple of guys who tried to court her? Courting Æsileif is even more dangerous than buying Sigrid the Proud a cheap ring! :(

I figure that if several thousand Arabs couldn't kill me, I should be able to (barely) survive this attempt. Besides...anything worth having is worth fighting and dying for. What a way to go, eh? :viking:

::Mental note: sleep with axe under pillow...and one strapped to thigh...and another fastened to the underside of the bed::

Those guys were jerks totally unworthy of courting me and such suckers will indeed be dealt with severely. :puke:

I figure that if several thousand Arabs couldn't kill me, I should be able to (barely) survive this attempt. Besides...anything worth having is worth fighting and dying for. What a way to go, eh? :viking:

::Mental note: sleep with axe under pillow...and one strapped to thigh...and another fastened to the underside of the bed::

You'd better put a fire extinguisher under your pillow since I'm very much into the methods of Sigrid the Proud! :whip:

There are, no doubt, more noble and powerful and wealthy suitors who would have the gorgeous Æsileif as their own. While I cannot promise a fortune, or the gaining of titles and land, what I CAN promise is a life full of love, compassion, understanding, and reliance. Your fair daughter would be safer with me than with any other man alive - for I would allow no harm to befall her so long as I have blood in my veins and breath in my lungs.

Fair enough. I'll give you a chance to court me.

Fair enough. I'll give you a chance to court me.

I cannot thank you enough just for the opportunity, my Princess. Your permission here is more than enough encouragement for me to muster up and charge forward. And no worries about the extinguisher - I learned during the Battle of Wadi Saluki - that I am apparently fireproof. ;)

I cannot thank you enough just for the opportunity, my Princess. Your permission here is more than enough encouragement for me to muster up and charge forward. And no worries about the extinguisher - I learned during the Battle of Wadi Saluki - that I am apparently fireproof. ;)

Daddy,

Does the House of Ettlingar Freyu any house atomics? ;)