The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Björn Ironfist

Wishing to Join The Military

I would be greatly appreciative of a commission in our Navy, should that be permissible. :viking:

Sure. I will grant you a Commission tomorrow.

Excellent! Thank you! :worshippy:

You're welcome. :)

You have had quite some military experience, I presume?

You presume correctly. If we are talking macronational: I was an Officer in the IDF (eventually reaching rank of סרן - which I think equivalent to US Army Captain) from 2001-2003 and then from 2006-2007. I was active during the Second Lebanon War; participating in the Battles of Bint Jbeil and Wadi Saluki. I was awarded a Division Commander's Citation for actions during the Battle of Wadi Saluki.

After my obligatory service was over in 2003, I hadn't planned to return until the situation with the Hezbollah heated up just as I was about to depart Israel (after completing my second stint in university). I put my departure to the states on hold, and re-joined the IDF so I could protect my homeland.

I appreciate the kind words, My Lady...but I am no hero. In Israel, we reserve such praises for those who truly distinguish themselves in defense of our homeland. I am little more than a soldier who did his part in service to his country. It is my opinion that an individual does not truly grasp what his/her nation means to them until they perform military or civil service in dedication to the freedoms and privileges they enjoy.

You presume correctly. If we are talking macronational: I was an Officer in the IDF (eventually reaching rank of סרן - which I think equivalent to US Army Captain) from 2001-2003 and then from 2006-2007. I was active during the Second Lebanon War; participating in the Battles of Bint Jbeil and Wadi Saluki. I was awarded a Division Commander's Citation for actions during the Battle of Wadi Saluki.

After my obligatory service was over in 2003, I hadn't planned to return until the situation with the Hezbollah heated up just as I was about to depart Israel (after completing my second stint in university). I put my departure to the states on hold, and re-joined the IDF so I could protect my homeland.

How did you manage to survive this all?