The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
High King Harald

[Imperial Hall] A paternal blast from the past

Emperor Harald is sittlng in a comfortable chair in his ultraluxurious private study in the Imperial Hall of Haraldsborg. He is awaiting a mysterious young lady and senior member of a, now disbanded, gang of smugglers from the Duchy of Gascony known as Æsileif Geirbjörgsdottir. Princess Fränzi-Ferdinanda des Vinandy, his favourite niece, had persuaded Emperor Harald to grant Æsileif a private audience. Emperor Harald had granted the private audience out of love his niece as well as curiosity for this Æsileif Geirbjörgsdottir after hearing from Princess Fränzi-Ferdinanda about this mysterious young lady's feats. She really really has to be something being able to hold her own in a rough gang of smugglers at the age of twenty-one as well as having the guts to ask for a private audience with him. Then he heard the awaited knock on the door of his private study.

"Come in", Emperor Harald said.

Slowly the door went open and Æsileif entered Emperor Harald's private study.

"Please come overhere Æsileif, sit down and tell me how I can be of help to you", Emperor Harald said. He was amazed by her beauty and elegance combined with souplesse and strenght. Clearly a lady not to mess with.

Æsileif walked towards Emperor Harald but did not sit down. Instead the young beautiful woman drew a big gun and pointed it at Emperor Harald.

"Hello Daddy! Aren't you pleased to meet your little girl?!", Æsileif said in a sardonic voice.

"Wh.. wh.. what do you mean?", Emperor Harald stammered being caught completely off guard.

"Don't give me that-what-do-you-mean crap! You know exactly what I'm talking about", Æsileif replied angrily.

"I honestly have no clue what you are talking about Æsileif. Please tell me!", Emperor Harald pleaded with the young beautiful woman while his brain was working feverishly looking for a way out.

"Your memory is in need of a bit of refreshing, isn't it?", Æsileif said causticly. "Make a trip down Memory Lane to your youth on the Mysterious Isles. Remember a certain older woman named Lady Geirbjörg Gefialdrsdottir? She is my mother and you got her pregnant!"

Emperor Harald felt like he had been hit with a sledgehammer. What was happening to him?

"Geirbjörg??!? Pregnant?!?! By me?!?! That can't be! She was infertile, everybody knew that. Her infertility cost her her marriage and it was widely assumed that her infertility is what caused her leaving the Mysterious Isles."

"My mother discovered that she was pregnant after she left the Mysterious Isles and kept it to herself. I was raised by her alone an she did a fine job until she got ill causing massive medical bills. I took up various well-paying odd jobs all over Micras to pay her medical bills but quite recently the burden became almost unbearable due to the collapse of law and order and the subsequent withdrawal of the Nova English government from in and around Heartpool in the western part of Nova England, where my mother has been living for the last couple of years, requiring me also to hire armed guards to provide for her protection. I wrote you several heart-breaking letters on our dire situation asking you for help but you never did bother to respond."

"I have never received any of your letters", Emperor Harald said.

"Don't lie to me!", Æsileif shouted. "You insult me by doing that. By not responding to my appeals for help you did me and my mother very, very wrong and it showed the contempt you have for us. I have made a solemn vow to make you pay for that and now time has indeed come to pay. Normally I would have taken you to court but as Emperor of Stormark you enjoy Sovereign Immunity so it is not possible to bring you to justice so now I'm going to bring justice to you."

Æsileif's index finger was lying on the trigger of her gun and she was very ready to fire..........

Emperor Harald realizes that only the nuclear option could get him out of the life-threatening he currently is in. He raised his hand and swore on his sacred marriages with Frigga, Freyja and Idunn that he had not received any of Æsileif's letters. He explained to her that the letters she had sent him were most likely not passed to him by the Mail Department of the Imperial Court which easily could have viewed her letters as one of the many bogus claims that were made by golddiggers and opportunists. He also promised Æsileif that he would evacuate her mother from Heartpool, that no harm would come to her for any of her current actions towards him and that he would fully accept her as his daughter if he established his paternity by reading her hands.

Fortunatly for Emperor Harald (and Stormark for that matter) his approach worked and the tense situation was defused quickly. Æsileif lowered her gun and allowed him to read her hands. Reading Æsileif's handpalms Emperor Harald, to his own astonishment, discovered she really was his daughter.

Æsileif is delighted that Emperor Harald has acknowledged his paternity and that her mother will be evacuated from Heartpool.

Lord Galinn slowly approaches the Imperial Study, on another weekly briefing for the Emperor. He yawns, a product of his long hours at the Chancery, and opens the study door. Suddenly, seeing a mysterious woman being enterained by the Emperor, and observing the gun, Lord Galinn jumps to the aid of the Emperor, nearly knocking him down.

"Put the gun down in the name of the Viking Empire!!!" Just as Lord Galinn starts to shout for the guards, the Emperor grabs him by the shoulder, and calmly explains the situation. Blushing and shocked, the Chancellor picks up his papers, bows to the Emperor, and turns to Æsileif.

"My apologies, Lady Æsileif, duty gets the better of me sometimes. I will see to the affairs concerning your mother."

Apologies accepted, Your Excellency", Æsileif smiled.

"Could Your Excellency do me one little favour by putting General Thorald the Wise in charge of the mission that will evacuate my mother, Lady Geirbjörg Gefialdrsdottir, from her mansion in the outskirts of Heartpool in the formerly western part of Nova England to the safety of the Viking Empire of Stormark?"

"I was very impressed by the way General Thorald the Wise handled the South Pole Expedition and I think that he is the right person to lead such a complicated an often dangerous mission in which one has to operate within an area that has fallen into anarchy and is being rampaged by countless criminal gangs, warlord-led mililtias, and other rebel groups as well as pirate-infested coastal waters", Æsileif continued.

"Hmm," Lord Galinn thought. "It may be a bit difficult, ma'am. Our dear General has been engaged in serious work re-organizing our armed forces, and this after his historic journey to the Pole."

He began to see the look on Æsileif's face turn from hopefulness to despondency.

"However," he said in a strong voice, "we may be able to spare him for this mission. I will bring the matter to him, and see if we can spare him for the duration of the operation concerning your mother. It is the least we can do."

Apologies accepted, Your Excellency", Æsileif smiled.

"Could His Excellency do me one little favour by putting General Thorald the Wise in charge of the mission that will evacuate my mother, Lady Geirbjörg Gefialdrsdottir, from her mansion in the outskirts of Heartpool in the formerly western part of Nova England to the safety of the Viking Empire of Stormark?"

"That's a very good idea indeed", Emperor Harald said.

The commando left already the Empire to carry out the mission “Lady”.

Æsileif is thrilled that General Thorald the Wise is leading the mission that will evacuate her mother from Heartpool.

Imperial Armed Forces

Mission Order

According to the fact that the mission “Lady” by soldiers from the Imperial Armed Forces, in the former Kingdom of Nova England, is in contradiction with Micras' diplomatic rules and could be labeled as an invasion. Consequently only an anonym commando mission “local style” would be planned and manned.

On 10th Gladsheim 08, the Imperial authority accorded the green light to carry out the mission “Lady” in the area known as Heartpool in the former Kingdom of Nova England.

Unity : 3rd company from the Imperial Brigade Combat Team - Equatorial forest/2nd Jungle Rangers.

Leader : Thorald the Wise

Destination : former Nova England

Mission :

. Liberation of Lady Geirbjörg Gefialdrsdottir and repatriation to the Viking Empire of Stormark.

. Check the Junglemen’s aptitude to carry out campaigns in a hostile environment.

Strength : 1 company.

Depart : Haraldsbourg on 10th Gladsheim 08.

Weapons and Optic :

. 02 - 120 mm ATRL

. 12 - 5.56 mm Machine Guns

. 106 - Assault Rifles

. 14 - Pistols

. 18 Binoculars 6x30,

Transport :

- By air from Haralsbourg to Frésnay.

- By train from Frésnay to the border area.

- Horses will be provided at the border area.

Rations : MRE, Salt biscuits, Rice, dry Beef and canned Food.

Dress : Jungle Battledress.

Communications : 18 Hand held radios

Cartographies : Maps and area descriptions.