The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Jonas

Lannion Guard

Lannionse_Wacht.png

A Lannion soldier in Pentapolis.

The Lannion people are more famous then they think they are. Since the Unification Wars (1389 - 1440) and their succesful defence attempts of the city against the Royal troops of the Duke (and Jeanne d'Arc!) made them famous and very wanted by other monarchs. Especially the Batavian royalty saw advances in these Gascon mercaneries.

Nowadays, there is still a Lannion Guard in Batavia. It's located at the City State of Pentapolis and serves as the bodyguard of the Archbishop.

P.S.: I'm sorry for the links to the Dutch pages. I will try to translate the important parts and place them on the Stormark wiki.

Very interesting!

Are there any women in the Lannion Guard?

Very interesting!

Are there any women in the Lannion Guard?

Probably this is a surprise but: yes, there are. The Pentapolian bishop was one of the first political leaders within Batavia who officially agreed to have women within the guard. This was made official in a decree written in 1502. Some of them became commander of the guard.

Probably this is a surprise but: yes, there are. The Pentapolian bishop was one of the first political leaders within Batavia who officially agreed to have women within the guard. This was made official in a decree written in 1502. Some of them became commander of the guard.

That is great news indeed. I'm the High Priestess of the Ancient Temple in the Thanedom of the Sólareyjar and I would be very interested in having a number of female Lannion Guards as temple guards.

That is great news indeed. I'm the High Priestess of the Ancient Temple in the Thanedom of the Sólareyjar and I would be very interested in having a number of female Lannion Guards as temple guards.

That would indeed be quite a good addition to the Ancient Temple's security arrangements.

Wonderful! I can give you hundred of the finest female guards that we have in Lannion. Commander Alya the Walon will travel with her troops to your temple. :news:

*Jonas nodded to the people in the room. Several kings, queens and emperors begged for the support of a Lannion Guard. Jonas had to dissappoint them: Stormarkians and the Batavian Church had certain priviliges. And with the rumours that Emperor Harald would have interest in some of Jonas' guards, the prices were higher then before. The emperor had heard of the services of the Guard and asked for help: Gascony needed a strong army to put down the last rebellions in the north.*