The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Jonas

Arrival of the Count

*It was almost night when a carriage arrived at the City Hall of Lannion. Some citizens looked curious to the arrival of the new man with his countal household. Some were surprised to see him arrive today already, others were too busy to even notice him. The count smiled to the people, who gathered around him and his vehicle. The people were happy to see a government official once again, a prove that the anarchy and chaos of the old administration was over.*

Imperial Governor of Gascony... Count of Lannion...

*Jonas smiled and knew he was a happy man*

* The Count of Lannion is enthousiasticly greeted by the crowd. People cheer, clap their hands and sing the songs of the good times. Men attempt to shake his hand and women try hug him, the symbol of hope and a new beginning . *

*Surprised to see the Emperor arrive so quickly, Jonas walks towards him and shakes his hand.*

Welcome to the Duchy of Gascony, Your Imperial Vikingness.

*Jonas bows*

However... I find it a mystery... Gascony is called a duchy, I'm the Imperial Governor of it but Count of Lannion. Where is, in the name of the Gods (or one God), the Duke? :P

Don't misunderstand me, I'm happy with the title of a count. I'm already duke of Davignon, and I like to be a count. But this mystery has to be solved! :D

* Emperor Harald shakes Jonas' hand and then acknowledges his bow. *

Lord Lannion,

I'm the Duke of Gascony. Well, at least at this side of the border. On the other side, King Arkadius of Batavia is "Hertog of Gasconje", I presume?

That solves a lot! :)

About the 'Hertog van Gasconje'-thingy: I'm not sure, as he can give the title to someone else. Atleast, he hasn't made it his title. We will see, maybe I can get it too. But the Gau (Gouw in dutch) of Gasconje will probably be ruled by Mateo Mattiassen (what doesn't make him the duke). :P

Gouwleider. Equal to Governor (so it's not a noble). The position is sold by the ministry and can be bought by any citizen who bids the most for it.

Gouwleider. Equal to Governor (so it's not a noble). The position is sold by the ministry and can be bought by any citizen who bids the most for it.

Are you going to buy a Gau?

Yes, but not Gasconje (Mateo wants it). I will buy Pentapolis in name of the Batavian Church (someone has to pay for it), and for myself I will buy Ashkenatza Minor.

But if I want, I can buy more of them. But I don't find it necessary, as I'm already member of the BRIM (our cultural development institution).

bataviedeelgebieden2.png