The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Aoife the Celt

Foundation Day Beach Barbeque

beachbarbeque.jpg

* It is a wonderful summer evening at Frigga's Bay Beach. The said beach is one of the beaches that is owned by the Imperial Country Club. The Emperor has selected this beach to host this year's Foundation Day Imperial Event. Such event is usually held in or around the Feast Hall of Hnossa Isle. This year, however, holding the event in or around the Feast Hall was not convenient due to the preparations for and aftermath of the State Visit from Batavia by King Arkadius II and Queen Charlotte.

The Foundation Day Beach Barbeque is, for Stormarkian Imperial standards, quite casual but that is a welcome change after the enormous pomp and circumstance of the State Visit from Batavia. Aside from all Citizens of Stormark, a number of foreign Royals and Nobles has been invited to the Foundation Day Beach Barbeque. The honoured guests are sitting at a huge number of tables which are to be found all over Frigga's Bay Beach and are having a great time enjoying the delicious food and beverages as well the music provided by the Imperial Country Club's housed band. *

* Emperor Harald is, dressed in a beige linen shirt and beige trousers, sitting on Frigga's Bay Beach at one of the tables reserved for Members of the House of Ettlingar Freyu and is enjoying a huge t-bone steak and a glass of mead.

He is quite impressed by the quality of the food and beverages that are being served as well as the service provided by Imperial Country Club staff; the legacy of Dame Ragnhild Gunlaugsdottir, the Duchess of Romsdal and first Manager of the Imperial Country Club. It has really been an excellent idea of Lady Aoife to hold the Foundation Day Imperial Event here and Emperor Harald is contemplating to in future use the Imperial Country Club more often to entertain guests. *

* The Batavian Duke Jonas Windsor arrives at the barbecue, after been happily surprised to have gotten an invitation. In his homeland the duke's family is famous for its banquets, one of the old local Batavian traditions. Jonas however is a bit nervous, as it isn't his own party. Nor does he know whether he will see old friends or not. After wandering around a while, he sees the Emperor and his wife. *

"Your Imperial Highness, I come to you to congratulate you and your marvellous, well-developed country! A barbecue isn't very usual... but it's one of the things that adds some variation."

*Jonas bows for the Emperor*

* Emperor Harald acknowledges Duke Jonas' bow. *

"Welcome and thank you for your kind words, Your Grace. Please spend this Foundation Day Beach Barbeque with me and Empress Sigrid at this Imperial Table. How was your voyage to Stormark?"

Andreas the Wise arrived, very honoured to have received so many Stormarkian invites of late, and delighted to be celebrating such an important event in such a beautiful nation; and such a delightful setting. He took a glass of mead from one of the passing waiters, muttered a spell to check for stray enchantments (sadly, after the Fate incident, you could never be too careful), and, finding none, took a sip and found it to be a delightful honey flavour. A good vintage, clearly. :beerharald:

He looked around to see if there was anyone else he knew.

Stormak's Newcomer arrived and is honoured to have received the invitation.

*Thorald bows for the Emperor - and the Ladies*

There are no such things as a "typical" Viking banquet. Stormarks celebrations at the Imperial Country Club are varied and reputed in the world of Micras, joyful occasion to celebrate the Viking's glory and how much mead had been consumed - dictated what sort of song shall be sung.

Between songs, there were entertainments, gifts were exchanged by the host and his guests, and my presentation was made to the nobility of Stormark.

Typical alexandrian...Augusto arrives late to the barbeque, dressed in khakis and guayabera, looks around, greets Thorald and Andreas, kisses Aoife's hand, advances to the imperial couple and bows.

**Thanks for the invitation Your Majesties, it is wonderful to find friends in such an informal and relaxed meeting.

This is the perfect moment to have a long relaxed chat with all my stormarkian friends, and have the opportunity to know you all better.

I wasn't sure if it was correct in stormarkian customs, but in Corcovado we are used to bring something to all parties, so I bought a collection of wines from Miramar.

Now, in exchange I would really much appreciate a good ol' stormarkian beer, SALUD!!!.**

My flight was excellent, thank you, Your Imperial Highness. Flying with the Batavian royal jet is a privilege... that I don't have... luckily our king doesn't notice these things. :whistling::emperor:

*Greets the other Stormarkian, Gralan and (late but not least) Alexandrian guests.*

*Galinn arrives, wearing a light white shirt and a pair of well worn jeans (only His Grace would wear jeans to a beach party). He makes his rounds, greeting the guests, making small talk, and working his way over to some of the more well known guests.

Galinn bows to the Emperor, so as not to interrupt the conversation, and greets Jonas as well with a bow and smile. Greeting the various ladies of the Court, he kisses Aofie's hand, and smiles with a wink, handing her a small box as a surprise, after his recent absences. He slowly works his way towards the barbecue pits, hoping to... sample... the Imperial delicacies, before the other guests.*

Talsin arrived late, and already well drunk, overdressed for a Swnndyrrr in what appeared to be a green toga.

"HAPPSY FOUNDATIONENS *hic* DAYTH!"

He made his way over to the emperor, and fell flat on his face as he attempted to bow. "NO WORRIES! NO WORRIES! I'M AL*hic*RIGHT!" he said, regaining his footing, and moved along to mingle with the rest of the crowd, carrying a large bottle of rum ,most of which was now in the sand.

Turning to His Grace Duke Jonas Windsor:

***Your Grace, allow me to introduce myself, I believe we haven't had this opportunity to meet each other, I heard some good about you and your visit to this wonderful lands, let's go where the beer is and chat for a while***

Both having a laugh about the Mr. Baarrnan scene, Augusto gets closer:

***Sir, I know you are ok, and having such a good time..., would you like a chair? or can we sit on the grass, it hard to fall if you are already in the floor y'know?***

Turns to the crows and shouts ***He is OK!!! Salud everyone***

Back with His Grace:

***in our way to get the drinks, let's say hello to Galinn Karisson and have a taste of whatever he is having...before it's too late***LOL***

*Is grateful for the kind behaviour and welcome of Augusto.*

I totally agree, I don't know the situation of the clerics in Stormark. But in Batavia they (and I'm one of them) can't get enough of the beer and wine. :headbanger::whistling:

*Laughs and gives Augusto and Galinn a glass of a beer he brought from Batavia.*

The 'Hertogen van Dietsland Brouwerij' is famous for its beers. Irrels wit, for example, is very good. First made in 1804 to celebrate the 500-year existance of the village of Irrel. Cheers! :cheers:

Well, thank you, this is what I was talking about!!!

Have you ever been in Corcovado? or Alexandria a all?

No, I have not, good sir. I wanted to, and I remember that I registrated myself long ago. But something went wrong. I don't know what precisely, probably I forgot my password and was to lazy to find it back. I will think about a visit, in a week or two (when I'm back from holiday) register again.

What remembers me... did there go something wrong with the wiki? I really thought there was much more information on it. :whistling:

*Nathan arrived at the beach in a few days after Stormark's Foundation Day but was assured by the Emperor that the party was still in full swing. He was in black swim trunks and flip flops with a loose fitting pale green cabana shirt.*

Nathan greeted the Emperor and congratulated him for ruling over such an old and respected yet still very vibrant empire. He then began chatting with the other guests, hopeful to persuade some to wade out into the beautiful water with him.