The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Aoife the Celt

Something Fishy with the Emperor's Love Life

There was a time that there was something fishy going on with the Emperor's love life. I will tell you all in the post below.

That was when he was dating a mermaid. ;):lol:

That was when he was dating a mermaid. ;):lol:

Emperor Harald's courtship with Empress Sigrid is a whole different kettle of fish, hey? ;)

Bango - I found the probably answer in the ghostly love story about the Sultan of Yogyakarta and his Mermaid Queen.

**** When a royal adviser asks the pragmatic and cosmopolitan Sultan how he can pay homage to his Mermaid Queen, he is told “You are asking a Western question, expecting a Western answer. You either accept it or you don’t”. ****

Seriously though, I once was married to someone who more or less was a mermaid.

Your Majesty,

Who was that person?

Lady Astrid,

It was High Queen Hervör, my first wife mortal. She partially descended from Merfolk.

Your Majesty,

Could one notice that High Queen Hervör was partially descended from Merfolk?

Lady Astrid,

High Queen Hervör could swim well beyond belief, dive extremely deep, stay submerged for ages, and she also had a very powerful voice. Hearing her talk, and especially sing, was truly mesmerizing.

Your Majesty,

Do you have any anecdotes concerning High Queen Hervör's merfolk-derived abilities? :)

Your Majesty,

You would like to tell them?

Lady Astrid,

I met High Queen Hervör for the first due to her singing when she, of course, still was Lady Hervör. I was wandering deep in the Fairhair Forest during a period of relative peace during the Conquest of the Heartland when I suddenly the splashing of water as well as a the voice of woman singing . As a magnet was I, being enthralled for I rarely had heard something so beautiful and magical, drawn to those sounds and I walked slowly and carefully in the direction where they came from.

From behind a tree I saw Lady Hervör for the first time. She was bathing in a pond and singing beautifully, happily and enchantingly seeming to be completely unaware that I was watching her. I was awed beyond belief by her beauty and her singing was like a delicacy for my ears.

After I had watched her for a while, Lady Hervör dived and disappeared under water. She stayed under water quite long and I started to get worried about what might have happened to her and walked closer to the pond. Then Lady Hervör quite suddenly surfaced near me and splashed me with with water getting me soaking wet. She laughed musically and told me that was my punishment since according the ancient laws and customs of her clan I had, by watching her bathe, committed an offense towards her and that I also owed her compensation. Fortunatly, the compensation Lady Hervör asked me was quite affordable. She invited me join her in the pond and share her bath with her as well as asking me to keep her company for a while. I, of course, did not object. ;):lol:

Lady Hervör's ability to stay submerged brought the Forest Islands peacefully under my rule, as a result of an immersing match she won from the chieftain ruling that archipelago.

We also survived the Blood Parley for an important part, aside from fighting our way out of the Mead Hall and Lady Hervör using her voice as weapon by blasting a powerful sound wave, due to Lady Hervör's ability to stay submerged. Just before we jumped off the battlements of Kaststöðuvatn Hall, she told me that once we were in the water I must wrap my arms and legs around her, then kiss her and do not break off the kiss. I did so and she swam into a deep underwater cave taking the two of us beyond the reach of our assailants. When they did not see us surface for a long while, they thought we had drowned. That was one of the best kisses of my life. ;):lol: