The High Realm of Stormark
Aoife the Celt

Petition for Seat

Björn Ironfist,

As Law Speaker of the Althing, appointed by the Generosity and Grace of Our Most Sovereign Lord, the Eternal Viking Emperor, I do hereby accept your petition to take your seat within these hallowed forums.

Granted this 17th day of Gladsheim in the Eighth Year of the Second Viking Age.

Lady Aoife the Celt,

Law Speaker of the Althing.

Lady Law Speaker:

I, Daniel Farewell, a Citizen of Stormark, have come to claim my seat in the Althing, and that I do hereby solemnly affirm that I am a Citizen of this Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire in good standing, that I shall faithfully observe and uphold the Laws of this Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire, to the best of my ability, at all times. I do hereby solemnly affirm that I shall uphold the traditions and guidances which have been placed in my care, and that I shall always bear true faith and allegiance to His Most Imperial and Most Royal Majesty Harald Thorstein I the Generous Giver, The Eternal Sovereign Viking Emperor and to His Lawful Heirs and Successsors, and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion.

Daniel Farewell,

As Law Speaker of the Althing, appointed by the Generosity and Grace of Our Most Sovereign Lord, the Eternal Viking Emperor, I do hereby accept your petition to take your seat within these hallowed forums.

Granted this 4th day of Thrymheim in the Nineth Year of the Second Viking Age.

Lady Aoife the Celt,

Law Speaker of the Althing.

Lady Law Speaker,

Let it be known throughout the Lands of Stormark that;

I, Gellir Strongthews, a Citizen of Stormark, have come to claim my seat in the Althing, and that I do hereby solemnly affirm that I am a Citizen of this Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire in good standing, that I shall faithfully observe and uphold the Laws of this Most Sovereign and Noble Viking Empire, to the best of my ability, at all times. I do hereby solemnly affirm that I shall uphold the traditions and guidances which have been placed in my care, and that I shall always bear true faith and allegiance to His Most Imperial and Most Royal Majesty Harald Thorstein I the Generous Giver, The Eternal Sovereign Viking Emperor and to His Lawful Heirs and Successsors, and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion.

I do this not knowing if I had the right or not but seeing the post, I tought that every citizen could ask.

Gellir Strongthews,

Until this morning when the new Althing Statute came into operation you were indeed correct. The new Althing Statute slightly changes the method of obtaining one's seat in the Althing. I will open a thread on that matter shortly.