The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Antoku

Concering the Duchy of Rossheim and associated styles

Cousin Camillus,

I have recently noted your Decree No. 7 of the Twelfth Day of June in the Sixth Year of the Second Viking Age, in which certain titles were created. Although normally I would not countenance interference in the internal administration of another realm, I am compelled to question the creation of the title 'Duke of Rossheim'.

As you may or may not be aware, this title is both extant and in use, although I concede it has a somewhat complicated history which I shall now attempt to shed some light upon:

The style of Rossheim first appeared on 15 February 2005, when the Viscountcy of that name was granted to me at my request upon my nomination as Minister of the Exterior of the then Principality of Treisenberg; the name Rossheim being derived from the name of my home town. In May 2005, the Principality was reorganised into three duchies, one of which, the Duchy of Slavonia, was granted to me the 19th of that month. In the aftermath of the subsequent Germanisation of the Principality, the Duchy of Slavonia was renamed Rossheim and I was awarded the style of Duke of Rossheim on the 9th of July 2005.

In August 2005 the Principality of Treisenberg was converted into a confederation of three sovereign principalities- the Principality of Morovina, the Principality of Rossheim and the Principality of Rhaetia- under the overall co-ordination of an elected Grand Prince, the first and only one of whhom was Franz Josef of Morovina. The same Franz Josef did later conclude an agreement with the Viking Empire of Stormark, as a result of which Treiseneberg became a subdividion of Stormark. However, since I had not been on leave and was not consulted in this process, Franz Josef acknowledged the independent sovereignty of the Principality of Rossheim in a document dated the 23th August 2005.

The titles Duke of Rossheim, Duke of Slavonia and Viscount of Rossheim were later confirmed by the Vicereine Birla Mortensdottir on the 29th September 2005. However the Independent and Sovereign Principality of Rossheim, which has also claimed the subsidiary title Duke of Slavonia, has continued in a state of personal and at times real union with the Sangunese Crown, although I have recently reached the conclusion that any formal political union with Sangun may in fact have been unconstitutional and therefore void.

In light of this, I do maintain that the exclusive right to the Rossheim style and all titles there derived resides with the Principality of Rossheim, and respectfully request your assistance, as a brother monarch, in this regard.

Antoku

Royal Cousin Antoku,

You, indeed, raise an perplexing situation, and I thank you for bringing it to my attention. I have read through the various documents regarding the Principality, but allow me to review the documents a bit more, and I shall see what assistance I can offer in this area.