The High Realm of Stormark
Sign in to follow this  
Aoife the Celt

Start of college year

Dearly beloved husband,

Tomorrow your new college year will commence. I wish a fantastic year with lots of good results, academic succcess and enjoyment! thumbsup.gif

*hugs Aofie* hug.gif

Thank you, all of you. I truly appreciate the support. It's going to be a tougher year, with harder classes, and more involvment. But, I thank you all for your best wishes; you will all be repaid in due time. wink.gif

*sits in corner, in the dark, with a snifter of brandy* Wouldn't you like to know... evil1.gif ... JK

It was a good day. I found my class locations very easily, made it on time, and stayed attentive. My professors/teachers all seem to be very nice gentlemen, fair, polite, yet firm. The classes are a bit daunting, but, they seem very managable. And I said hello to many friends, after such a long vacation. Alas, no first day romances. wink.giftongue.gif

I kid, lol. Overall, it was a good introductory day. I thank you all for your attentiveness. biggrin.gif

Alas, no first day romances. wink.giftongue.gif

Don't worry. Tomorrow the odds will be much better when, Penny de la Horizontal Polka, the wild daughter of a Baptist preacher arrives at UoC. wink.gif

Don't worry. Tomorrow the odds will be much better when, Penny de la Horizontal Polka, the wild daughter of a Baptist preacher arrives at UoC.  wink.gif

... touche. Major touche. wink.gif

But, it will happen when it happens. This too shall pass. sunnny.gif

My professors/teachers all seem to be very nice gentlemen, fair, polite ...

Things sure have changed. Maybe, nowadays even students are nice people?

In our days, we (the students) were mean and wicked, professors were even worse. wink.gif

Pretty well, my dearly beloved wife. hug.gif

Thanks to Rosh Hashanah, my one classes was canceled for the day (yet another reason why I love the Jewish people... wink.gif ). So, I was able to great homewrok done, some studying in, and a good deal of hanging out with friends, after a long summer. Overall, an easy day. *thinks: "And now comes Armageddon..."* tongue.gif

Lady Aoife,

Your husband is completely exhausted and his brains feel like mashed potatoes. wink.gif

Lady Aoife,

Your husband is completely exhausted and his brains feel like mashed potatoes.  wink.gif 

Well not completely exhausted. That'll take another week. tongue.gif

My dearly beloved wife, my first college week back was a good week. Going from waking up in the later part of the morning to waking up a good deal earlier is one of the daunting parts of going back to school, I must say. And getting back into the mix of the higher part of society after a nice break in my purely middle class home is a little jarring. But, that said, I would say it is almost like I never went on break!

More so than last year, I feel more engaged in my classes. The subjects of each class are all things I'm genuinely interested in (thank God those pesky requirements are almost out of the way), and thankfully, most of my classes are in lecture halls which means I don't have to talk as much (aka no thinking involved). But, that also means more studying than last year, and bigger tests. Yet, I genuinely like my professors, and it's nice to not be the "fresh meat" in the room. Plus a good deal of random down time with friends.

And finally, we come to the juicy stuff, love. No, I did not find romance, unfortunately. wink.gif In the end, this week seemed a lot easier putting all that aside. I still think about it, as, last time I check, I am a man, and there are many... well, there are many sights for sore eyes, let's say, on campus. The thing I've come to learn is that I think my mind and my heart are ready to date and find love, but, I'm still a quiet guy who's a little shy and still gets a little awkward around cute girls (but if you see any UoC girls, I'm Casanova I am! jk). Ultimately, I still have some growing up to do (or do we ever really stop?). Although I pray for some lovely lady, I take solace that I have much to do for the next six years, and put my faith in the fact that, well, life works itself out in the end (especially when you work your arse off laugh.gif )

And thus concludes my first week of my second year of college. Tune in next week when His Holiness tells his tale of how he defeates Godzilla, solves world hunger, and actually gets out of bed on time. wink.gif

Thank you for your concern, my cara mia *gives kiss kiss.gif *, and for all of your concern. I truly appreciate it.